xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Slow Xbox Live Logons  (Read 70 times)

NightRain

• Archived User
Slow Xbox Live Logons
« on: November 13, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »

Is anyone else experiencing slower than usual logons. Here is my issue.

I have a modded Xbox and I got banned a couple days after Halo 2, my account was working fine prior to that and it only took a second or two to logon to xbox live. Thursday I went and bought a new Crystal Xbox so I could have a unmodded xbox to play Live on, anyway I'm finding it can take upto a minute for me to logon now, I have already paid for another full year of Live and its kind of annoying. For the hell of it I create a new xbox live account using the free 2 month trial that came with one of my games and guess what, that account logs onto xbox live in a second or two like my other account use to. So I'm guessing that my account it flagged becuase it was used on a modded xbox that got banned, I'm also guessing they are looking for something or scanning my system looking for mods. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I think it is very intresting that two accounts on the same xbox take different amounts of time to logon, one takes 30-60 seconds and the other is only 1 or 2 seconds.

Anyone know a way I can fix this?

stevey5036

• Archived User
Slow Xbox Live Logons
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »

the same thing is happening to me but im not banned. Why i am not banned is beyond me. I dont think anyone quite knows why its taking longer to log in.

shanafan

• Archived User
Slow Xbox Live Logons
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 10:08:00 PM »

I am getting unusual longer Live login times as well on my unmodded. Don't worry about it. Live is probably just really busy

NightRain

• Archived User
Slow Xbox Live Logons
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 10:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Nov 14 2004, 07:04 AM)
I am getting unusual longer Live login times as well on my unmodded. Don't worry about it. Live is probably just really busy

yeah, that may be it. I just find it wierd that it doesn't happen with a newly create GT, only my old GT that was on a modded xbox is slow for me.

shanafan

• Archived User
Slow Xbox Live Logons
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »

From XS main page..

1. The Marriage Theory: When you go on XBL with an Xbox MS marries your EEPROM to your HD serial in their database. ~Gumba

So here is my question, why does XBL work on my unmodded Xbox, even though it's not the XBox I originally signed up with?

I guess it might explain why I am not banned on the stock Xbox, but have long loading times for accessing my Friends list..

This post has been edited by shanafan: Nov 25 2004, 06:31 AM

Digital Marine

• Archived User
Slow Xbox Live Logons
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

I think when you log on XBL M$ is scanning your Xbox.  But then again I could be wrong.  I use to count how many times the Rainbow Six 3 logo flashes on Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow when I try logging in.  It use to be like 2 or 3 flashes, now its like 7 or 8.  But then agin, I logged on the first Rainbow Six 3 with the regular 2 flashes.  So maybe games with the new Xbox Live 3.0 software is scanning your harddrives.  Xbox Live 3.0 games could be like M$ backdoor into scanning your Xbox for shit.

This post has been edited by Digital Marine: Dec 4 2004, 04:35 PM

Digital Marine

• Archived User
Slow Xbox Live Logons
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 08:48:00 AM »

Lets do a quick little check with 4 different games.
Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield (Xbox Live 2.0 software): 2 Seconds to log in
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow (Xbox Live 3.0 software):  9 Seconds to log in
Fable (Not sure what XBL version, but has XBL Aware): 9 Seconds to log in
Ninja Gaiden (Not sure what XBL version, but has XBL Aware): 2 Seconds to log in.
Dont have Halo 2 to try out.

But looking at this, the games that have Xbox Live 3.0 (games that let you send Inbox stuff) is taking longer to log in.  While games with Xbox Live 2.0 and Xbox Live 1.0 arnt taking as long.

This post has been edited by Digital Marine: Dec 4 2004, 04:49 PM