xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Confirmed Method Of Banning  (Read 1719 times)

Ozy

• Archived User
Confirmed Method Of Banning
« Reply #375 on: March 01, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(lorden @ Nov 12 2004, 04:37 PM)
with all the games u guys ripped off, why not buy a refurbed xbox?

manobano

• Archived User
« Reply #376 on: March 01, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »

MS is fucking gay, if u pay for the retail game and pay for live u shud be able to PLAY on live.  it shudnt matter if u have a modchip as long as it is off and u are not cheating/hacking/exploiting.

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #377 on: March 02, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(silver2000 @ Mar 1 2005, 06:22 PM)
Got banned a few days ago for the 2nd time. First I sold my old xbox and got a new one. My xbox is stock, only installed the Xenium Ice and bios. I know I'm suppose to get a new eeprom. But I'm seeing a lot people getting new hard drives as well, is this necessary? Mine was clean, never installed apps. The new eeprom should lock it with a new matching serial right? <=Please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, can I trust the Xenium OS v2.3 to do this right or should I use ConfigMagic? Any chance I can keep using the same GamerTag? Thanks in advance.

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #378 on: March 02, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(dafuzzbudd @ Nov 12 2004, 08:27 AM)
people have said that when you register a gamertag, that's when the hard drive serial is compared to your eeprom, sooo.. if he just got live (he said specifically he just locked his drive) so live thinks that drive is the original.. the scanning of lpc points seems a little off, but then again i probably dont know what im talking about

clouzot

• Archived User
« Reply #379 on: May 06, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(desertfox1224 @ May 6 2005, 07:40 PM)
I just signed up for XBL like on Monday.  With my Small Hard drive.  I've had a big one with XBMC, Ava, UIX, etc.  What's the file disk.bin?  Can you transfer that from your old hdd and put it on your new one somehow to make it have the same 'key' so that XBL wouldn't know and not ban you?

BjTheClown

• Archived User
« Reply #380 on: August 30, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

prominator

• Archived User
« Reply #381 on: August 30, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »

smile.gif
first we need MS email address

BjTheClown

• Archived User
« Reply #382 on: August 31, 2005, 09:12:00 AM »

ok, i e-mailed them this:

"I have been reading articles concerning the banning of certain xbox consoles from Xbox Live for being "modified" (ie. "modchips", "softmods", hard drive upgrades, etc.). How is MS going about this process? How does it detect if a console is "modified"? What types of modifications is it looking for? Any details reguarding this issue would be greatly appreciated."

....and got this in return:

"Thank you for writing to Xbox Live regarding your inquiry about mod chips. We understand that you want to know how can we detect if the user is using an Xbox mod chip or upgraded console. Rest assured that we will do our best to assist you on this concern.

Usually our customer gave us a report / tip when they found out an unusual activity during their Xbox live game. Once they sent a report, we investigate the case immediately since MS does not support modified Xbox hardware. This applies to any use of the Xbox console, regardless of whether you play standard "offline" game titles or play on Xbox Live. Xbox Support cannot help you set up or use a system that you have modified. If you modify your system, you void your warranty. MS will not repair a modified console.

Any mod chip that contains a copy of MS's code is illegal (Piracy). While reverse engineering of game consoles is not a new phenomenon, neither is the fact that we will vigorously prosecute to the fullest extent of the law anyone who tries to modify the Xbox for the purpose of violating MS's partners' intellectual property or that of MS's. MS maintains an evolving high-level security system to protect its intellectual property and we see this incident as posing no threat to our customers or to our partners."

Not much help, as expected. But hey, it was worth a shot, i guess.     -BjTheClown

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #383 on: November 01, 2005, 04:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(goldwolf @ Nov 1 2005, 03:54 PM)
I have just softmodded my xbox and have accessed live WITHOUT any mods put onto my HD.  I have not been banned as of yet, so if they do scan HD either i was lucky enough not to be found yet or they DO NOT scan HD

CrunKMunkY

• Archived User
« Reply #384 on: November 02, 2005, 12:25:00 AM »

how often do they perform this check you suppose?  and couldnt you just add a little switch to the 5v line?

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #385 on: November 02, 2005, 12:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(CrunKMunkY @ Nov 2 2005, 12:36 AM)
how often do they perform this check you suppose?  and couldnt you just add a little switch to the 5v line?

Iloveanime

• Archived User
« Reply #386 on: November 02, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »

I've been online with a softmodded box. I get on everyday and still havn't been banned I have a few xbox games on my hd and some roms etc no origanal dash and I found a way to bypass it. HENSE THE SOFT MOD ROCKS AND CHIPS SUX jk but SOFTMODS ROCK!! better.There are a few ways to avoid getting banned do not make yourself noticed like hacking H2 or anything duh. Some other stuff but I am not sure of it but I do go on h2 been banned from matchmaking for cheating but my name still works and I play everyday with my H2 mods on live. (Custom Games only) Anyway yeap good info if you think about it later.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #387 on: November 02, 2005, 10:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(Iloveanime @ Nov 2 2005, 10:46 PM)
Some other stuff but I am not sure of it but I do go on h2 been banned from matchmaking for cheating but my name still works and I play everyday with my H2 mods on live. (Custom Games only) Anyway yeap good info if you think about it later.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]