xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: Confirmed Method Of Banning  (Read 1720 times)

VeggetoX

• Archived User
Confirmed Method Of Banning
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2004, 04:05:00 PM »

Well I got a X2.2 lite + chip with a 80 gig WD in a v1.0 xbox have yet to play Halo 2 on live but have been palying DOAU alot recently on live and still have yet to be banned.

da80m8

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2004, 04:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (pane2k @ Nov 11 2004, 10:22 PM)
He has been playing for 3 days on and off constantly with a 160gb modded locked hdd with no chip with no problems.

Pardon my ignorance, but I was under the impression that you pretty much couldn't use a non-stock HDD at all without a chip.   I mean, without the chip, wouldn't it boot the MS BIOS?  And if it booted the MS BIOS, wouldn't you get a HDD error if you had a 160GB drive hooked up?  If this is a noob assumption and I missed something obvious, I apologize, but please explain.  Thanks.

Decado1

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2004, 04:11:00 PM »

M$ won't keep charging you if you get banned, right (no need to call them and cancel)?

Also, M$ can't do anything to screw up your Xbox beyond being banned from LIVE play if you try LIVE with your chip not active, right?

HomicidalMo0se

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (purbeast @ Nov 12 2004, 01:13 AM)
I am playing fine with an x2.2 lite chip and a stock HD.  I haven't had a problem yet at all, and don't plan on it.

well, yeah, purbeast... you didn't even change the hdd... so there would be no problem... but if you changed the hdd after this moment with the same eeprom and same gt, then you'd be banned...

bengu

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »

bengu, i think they could've flagged your gamertag if you used the same one. ya see, i think (based on all the information i've read) that they ban your hdd and your eeprom, right? and they also flag your gamertag. so when you put in your virgin eeprom and virgin hdd, they already flagged your gt. so they searched your xbox and found hardware that was DIFFERENT from before. and that's why you're banned...

Getting a new gt is the only thing I didn’t do because that didn’t make sense to me, Because What your saying is if I go and play on some ones stock xbox with my gamer tag from a memory unit there xbox would also get banned.  Also I did try and go to start a new account after i got baned and I could not do that.

If you ask me that is a little bit extreme and I don’t think M$ would do that but then again maybe they would.

If I were to try this again with a new gamer tag do I have to use a different hd?    If  not can some one give me a eeprom to find out.

HomicidalMo0se

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (bengu @ Nov 12 2004, 01:21 AM)

Getting a new gt is the only thing I didn’t do because that didn’t make sense to me, Because What your saying is if I go and play on some ones stock xbox with my gamer tag from a memory unit there xbox would also get banned.  Also I did try and go to start a new account after i got baned and I could not do that.

If you ask me that is a little bit extreme and I don’t think M$ would do that but then again maybe they would.

If I were to try this again with a new gamer tag do I have to use a different hd?    If  not can some one give me a eeprom to find out.

hrm... i guess you're right bengu... so i really don't know how you got banned that time... -ponders-

anyways... you should get material that has not contact xbox live prior to this moment. so you don't necessarily need a brand new hdd if you have one that hasn't touched xbox live. ya know what i'm sayin'?

Barnolde

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

Similar to what bengu said:

If I got a new retail Xbox and copied my gamertag over to it via a memory card, would I have any chance of being banned? I haven't see any positive proof of a gamertag being flagged, and if it's put on a regular Xbox, I don't see how that could cause a problem. I mean, it's using retail stuff, so I don't see how they could justify it and if for some reason they did, you could say that you share the gamertag with a sibling who had a modded Xbox or something. Basically, I want to play on Live, but don't want to get a new gamertag.

lowsodium

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »

Of course they will charge you!  They are not banning your GT, they are banning your modded XBOX.

soulz4u

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2004, 05:02:00 PM »

Ever since this mass banning has occured I have been logging on to live ever day since, I have a XBIT, with a 80gb locked hdd.  I first joined Live when my xbox was totally unmodded, when I added my 80gb I did an account recovery, and got my Live account back. I used the Xdisk to install the dashboards etc...I ftp'd to my box and noticed that my c: had evox files and other dashboard files on it, so I put the xbit to stealth mode, yesterday logged onto Live and still wasnt banned, I just tried it tonight and I'm still not banned yet, mind you I havent taken the new update yet cause I haven't been able to get my hands on a retail verison of Halo 2 yet... I also think I'm not banned yet, because I did a account recovery after I installed my new hdd, so by doin this would of updated the Live database with the new hd serial, so pretty much Live things I recovered my account on to another box...  oh ya I'm using the 4983.07 bios .  If I get banned after the halo 2 update I'll let ya know...
soul

ericdude

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (Kopite_84 @ Nov 12 2004, 12:57 AM)
I look forward to any info on this from anyone with an Alladin. I myslef have yet to be banned with an Alladin. But it's been less that 24 hours.

I've got an Aladdin chip and I've been playing Halo2 on live since the release day.  I've got an upgraded HD too.

Rombus

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2004, 05:20:00 PM »

While the LPC scan is entirely probable, Wouldn’t some hardware hacker discovered a watchdog circuit of some sort since the xbox been out for so long? Also consider this, im sure MS never considered that the LPC would be used like this. Something to "Check" the lpc points is extra $$$ on something that’s already loosing money per sale, especially when you don’t even know if its going to be used like that.  It MAY be in a 1.6, but im skeptical that its in anything else.

wagner

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2004, 05:35:00 PM »

I have an Alladin chip and I have been banned.

Been on Xbox Live for about 6 months

Got the same Xbox modded recently, about a month ago. Played Xbox Live fine.

Banned on November 9th.

I'm reading so many variables and theories and there are some people who still aren't banned, which makes it even more confusing as to how M$ is doing this.

airviper127

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »

hello i would like to add that i have an Xbit and i was banned. i have a 120 gb wd hd and if i remember correclty i think i saw the power of the xbit flash on meaning they can be checking for modchip like you said. its the weirdest thing because i was banned and i put in stock hd to try xbl and when trying to connect it kept failing so i went to turn off xbox and i thought i saw the light on. i turned it off then realized what i saw. i powered it back up and checked and the modchip was off. so i thought i was just imagining it but i still think it went on somehow.

thankyou everyone trying to crack the way back to xbl, good luck

airviper127

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2004, 05:56:00 PM »

soulz4u Posted on Nov 12 2004, 02:05 AM
 Ever since this mass banning has occured I have been logging on to live ever day since, I have a XBIT, with a 80gb locked hdd. I first joined Live when my xbox was totally unmodded, when I added my 80gb I did an account recovery, and got my Live account back. I used the Xdisk to install the dashboards etc...I ftp'd to my box and noticed that my c: had evox files and other dashboard files on it, so I put the xbit to stealth mode, yesterday logged onto Live and still wasnt banned, I just tried it tonight and I'm still not banned yet, mind you I havent taken the new update yet cause I haven't been able to get my hands on a retail verison of Halo 2 yet... I also think I'm not banned yet, because I did a account recovery after I installed my new hdd, so by doin this would of updated the Live database with the new hd serial, so pretty much Live things I recovered my account on to another box... oh ya I'm using the 4983.07 bios . If I get banned after the halo 2 update I'll let ya know...
soul  

Hey just to let you know iam running a similar setup: xbit and 120 gb hd.
when i installed new hd i did acount recovery too but i was still banned.
i have never been baned untill yesterday im using 4981 bios.

Lehrin

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (bLiZZaRd1284 @ Nov 11 2004, 04:52 PM)

Well my gt as been banned a lot............. by a lot i mean about 4 for 5 times.
Since i recently got banned i had been on live for a long time i'd say about 6 months playing like everyday.....   i have a 2.3b lite + 250GB i was recently banned when playing halo 2 on live....

i so i went out and get a new xbox from wal mart cus there is a 90 return thing.... so i'm keeping it till time hole thing is fixed. i have been playing on live w/ the new xbox w/ my gt that been banned about   4 or 5 time w/ the new retail xbox for about 2 days now and still not banned so i don't believe that gamertags are getting flaged or banned...........

on another note

My older bro was also banned also has an xbox w/ a 120 gb w/ a TSOP mod and a switch so for his we tryed getting a new eeprom, new hdd same model and size, and new gt,  he was able to play on live for one nite and the next day he was banned again.....

You should edit your post to remove your tag... m$ browses these forums.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26