xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Xbox Live Does Not Work And I Am Not Banned  (Read 750 times)

fulp

• Archived User
Xbox Live Does Not Work And I Am Not Banned
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (bluedeath @ Jul 7 2004, 11:20 AM)
You do networking for a living and yet you can't figure this one out.

RRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTT.....................

Hey shit head there is nothing wrong with my network. if you are so smart why don't you tell me what the problem is instead of acting like a dick head .

fulp

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

Alright sense more then one person is having this problem and we all know that we are not banned we need to figure out what could have caused this. If you are having the sam e problem post what you Did previous to when the problem Occured.

What I did Was renew my xbox live account with a membership card and that is the only thing that i rember.

And if any one doesn't have anything productive to say or something that we
could try shut the hell up I don't feal like hearing your shit and no one else does .

bengu

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »

I dont rember doing any thing, other then having to get the new dvd2 xbox in order to download the new games.  but that shouldnt have any thing to do with the M$ dashboard, so I guess as far as xbox live goes I dong thing I did any thing to my live acount, I havent even been hooked up to the internet for at least 2 month's

HouseOfPancakes

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »

hey guys I have the EXACT same problem it says something about my router and MTU but it just started happening recently I talked to MS for probably a total of 5 hours they tried everything then they made me read them some numbers and told me my xbox was modified and said there wasnt anything else they could do I know its not my network settings or my internet I tried my xbox at my friends house his xbox live works and mine doesnt its nothing with the HD because i switch to a fresh new xbox HD still had the problem I think its something with the eeprom

HouseOfPancakes

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »

well I just put a new eeprom on and I get the same exact error sooo.. I dunno what the problem could be

bengu

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

could this be the hardrive scan that everyone has been fearing?  If so from what I read a new eprom would't do any thing.  I dont even know if there is a way around it eather.

I will try to get my hands on a new eprom also and se what happens.

HouseOfPancakes

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »

this is what ive done so far

got a new eeprom
replaced all the c drive files from my friends xbox that can still play on xbox live
replaced with new hd
called MS and got them pissed at me

I think ive tried everything nothing seems to work

bengu

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »

hey Ive been reading throught the post a little bit more and there might be something we have in comon.  I had a two month subscription for live and used live and everything went fine.  Ounce my subscription went bad I tried to update my acount to use another two month free subscription, but I could not get it to work.  That was about when school was out and I had to go back home in about the middle of May.  Now come july I decided I would try and hook it up to my dads computer and could not get it to work.  I have called everyone and tried everything I could.  I know there cant be any thing wrong with my network settings.  

there are twor posible problems I can think of.  

1.  there is a bug in xbox live when you try to update your acount that some how corupts your acount.
2.  My ISP is not fully compatable with xbox live.

You never said any thing about who your ISP was mine is "cableone" which is not in the xbox live compatable list, but acording to cableone they are compatable.

HouseOfPancakes

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2004, 11:18:00 AM »

welll mine has nothing to do with renewing xbox live because I got live the day it came out and it automatically renews every november the last thing I remember doing on my xbox before I got the error was mess around with the new craxtion 4 and update and mess around with avalaunch

bengu

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »

I guess I remember messing around with thc light and a little bit with avalanch, but nothing I can think of that would cause all of this.  I am baffeled

I forgot one other posibility it could be Ive said before is the hard drive scane thingy they talked about in this form around may and april.  It had to do with the new live update that happened in april.

revengeismyfury

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2004, 07:15:00 AM »

Hey everyone doesnt xbox live make us happy i know it does for me but lol well straight to the point i am having the same problem but its weird and its not because your xboxes have a modchip on them whenever i throw my 8gig in and attempt to connect to live it works just fine i plug my 80 gig in and put the right dash files on their etc... and it doesnt work the ip settings configure correctly the dns settings configure correctly but it comes up with cant reach xbox live now i have done everything even formating c and e and replacing those files with my xboxes original 8 gig things to do is a i will take my music files from my 8 gig and transfer them over to my 80 and see if that helps maybe the xbox stuff is in with that? or b use Using_xbox_live_content_to_your_Advantage tutorial and gain access to c$ directory maybe that directory is screwed up maybe i accidentaly got a trojan from slayers by downloading it somewhere else by accident and i just need to copy the c$ directorys anyways later or sometime this afternoon im gonna try these 2 things and then i dont see why anything should not work the only reason would be updated hardrive!

revengeismyfury

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

i have just checked recently on xbox live if it sees my hdds or gaming system the same when i have the 80 gig in by pressing y button in the screen it goes to auto detect it tells you more about why the connection connects or doesnt and my conclusion it doesnt see the 2 hdds any different it sees em as the same and i tried the music directory with only st.db and it still doesnt work my only conclusion is it is the c$ directory and must work after i copy those contents if it doesnt then this is a mystery and everything is perfectly cloned maybe the 80 gig isnt compatible maybe i have a trojan hiding in it somewhere in the f: which would really suck i do have more options up my sleeve and i will not stop till i find what is wrong! im hoping the c$ directory should fix it!

djsars

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2004, 12:42:00 AM »

That was the longest sentence ever.

sars

revengeismyfury

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2004, 01:49:00 AM »

Well I have good news I got my xbox 80 gig hdd to work on live just get your original 8 gig hardrive out make sure your xbox live account is on it then get xbox_clone.zip from the usual places and just follow the directions perfectly oh ya and they are not tottally clear so for people that dontt know they need to disable the hdd lock on their xboxs hdds. Ok, also do not worry about your F: with all your games. as long as your original xboxes hdd only has the C and e:.  if you didnt update to get the 2 extra gigz then you do not have to backup your xboxs F:.  if you have questions and you are not sure about the readme with the little tutorial hes got in xbox_clone.zip then let me know and ill answer your questions and if too many people start asking im gonna make a better tut. which i soon will. also people let me know if any of you have been able to update your xbox live subscription with your upgraded hdds with no problems. that you are still able to play on live too this may just be a weird bug that some of us have to unfortunately get into.

revengeismyfury

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

Well yes if you can get that one to connect to xbox live after it restores then it would work would recommend an original xbox hdd either from yours or from somebody elses xbox just make sure its unlocked and that it doesnt have the extra 2 gigz formated for drive f
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7