xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Wireless Adapter Question?  (Read 88 times)

shakex

• Archived User
Xbox Wireless Adapter Question?
« on: April 28, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »

Okay experts I have a quick question.  I have a modded Xbox with the X3 chip and I want to connect to my computer wirelessly through my netgear router.  Since my Xbox is located in the living room can I use the Xbox Wireless Adapter to make the connection?  

I was looking at the requirements of the Xbox Wireless Adapter and it said that I need a live subscription, do I?  I just want to connect to my computer to use ftp to tranfer music and picture files to my Xbox.  

Thanks in advance for any info!

DopeKitchen

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(shakex @ Apr 28 2005, 05:09 PM)
Okay experts I have a quick question.  I have a modded Xbox with the X3 chip and I want to connect to my computer wirelessly through my netgear router.  Since my Xbox is located in the living room can I use the Xbox Wireless Adapter to make the connection? 

I was looking at the requirements of the Xbox Wireless Adapter and it said that I need a live subscription, do I?  I just want to connect to my computer to use ftp to tranfer music and picture files to my Xbox. 

Thanks in advance for any info!

I'd like to know this as well.

mesk001

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

Well I have two modded xboxes, one that is a 1.4 with an X3 and another that I keep in my next door neighbors apt for many reasons that is a 1.1 with an alladin advance and I use this one with the xbox wireless adapter, which is easy as pie, you must have the MS dashboard working as as far as I know that is the only way to configure it, but otherwise putting it to use is a snap.  Therefore, although I have not yet tried it with the X3, I am relatively certain that it would be exactly the same situation, assuming you have a working version of the latest MS dash

poogles

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 06:22:00 AM »

I'm pretty sure that a sucessful wireless connection between your xbox and pc would not be dependant on whether you have an xbox live subscription or not. I had my wireless network connection up using XMBC and Windows ICS before I got live and it was (and still is) flawless.

The claim that MS is making is based on accessing the xbox live service..as they do not account for people transferring music/files etc smile.gif You should be fine.

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 02:18:00 PM »

Nope the xbox live adapter will work with no problems what so ever smile.gif they're just saying it's xbox live compatible