xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Thank Goodness For Xbconnect  (Read 127 times)

Toddo

• Archived User
Thank Goodness For Xbconnect
« on: April 04, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

I gotta say, I'm chortling happily.  I just got banned for trying to connect to xb live with a different HD installed other than the one I had in when I signed up.  I didn't even have my mod chip on.  Man... I was so fricken bummed I didn't have the live option any more.  But alas, I was ignorant of the best live option of all.  FREE LIVE play with xbconnect.  No anual payment and no strings attatched from M$ being pulled by Mr. Bill.  I just got done playing Battlefront for about 2 hours on xbconnect... with players from around the country..... for free... and playing the game from my HD... with my mod chip on... and without getting BANNED by anyone.  Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha  ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the hardware M$.  After that... who needs ya? <

inthresh

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 12:21:00 AM »

i agree with you that tunnel programs are very cool, and fun.  However, it isnt a substitute for live...its just system link games.  That leaves out almost all sports and fighting games.  Plus, i recomend that you also check out xlink.  xlink is also very good. <

jonathan2007

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 06:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(inthresh @ Apr 5 2005, 11:16 PM)
i agree with you that tunnel programs are very cool, and fun.  However, it isnt a substitute for live...its just system link games.  That leaves out almost all sports and fighting games.  Plus, i recomend that you also check out xlink.  xlink is also very good.

He is right about Xlink. They also have a very good service that works very similar to how XBC works but in my opinion Xlink Kai is much better. You can find them here. And also to inthresh's comment about tunneling services only supporting system link games and not live only games - what about Xbox Live supporting only Live games and not system link games? There are good games that have system link only and no live such as Halo 1. That is really the game that made tunneling services popular to begin with.  ;) <

Toddo

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »

Thanks for the advice yall.  I'll be checking out the xlink software too.  Sure would be nice thought to consolidate all those people playing on the different sites onto one site.  Like if xbconnect and xlink formed a partnership and got all those gamers into one site.  That would deffenitley start to rock xb live's world.

One other question, why isn't the tunneling software deemed illegal?  Is it because it is not involving piracy but just taking advantage of some loop holes in the M$ software?  Just curious.  

PS.  Do you think that M$ will come up with a counter move on the tunneling software in the future? <

Toddo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 12:34:00 AM »

<I edited this post to delete it as it was sent as an accidental copy of my previous post>

This post has been edited by Toddo: Apr 7 2005, 07:35 AM <

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 01:09:00 AM »

It could never be deemed illegal, as it is doing nothing wrong.  It also isnt exploiting any loopholes.  A system link game is designed to allow you to connect 2 or more boxes together.  The program (xbconnect or xlink) just allows you to connect these boxes together over the internet, "tunneling" your lan connection.  You are still using the games as they were designed. <

ChiefMullaMulla

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

I didnt realise just how good XBC worked until I hooked up 3 days ago, god theres some fun to be had with such a simple idea

bloodgulch with vehicles and planes biggrin.gif  awesome