xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Network Not Working During Game Play  (Read 58 times)

whitedevil73

• Archived User
Network Not Working During Game Play
« on: December 17, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »

Sorry this is going to be a little wordy.

Ok my xbox has been modded for over a year now and I want to connect with Xboxconnect however when I launch a game the network stops to work. I am able to ping the xbox from my PC while in the main menu of Evox 3935 and FTP works great but when a game is launched the xbox goes off the network. Recently I did have to reinstall all apps and dashboards because a file was coorupt and now I am not able to boot to the MSDash. Would this possibly be causing a network issue like this? One other thing is I installed an Xbox wireless-g adpater that works great for FTP in the main menu. I don't know if the network ever worked during a game because I never tried to use it like this before. Any help would be greatly apprecitated. Thanks in advance.

Other specifics about my setup.
Xbox v1.0
Xecuter 2.3 Pro
WD 120GB
Evox 3935 Dash
M7 Bios

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2004, 08:20:00 AM »

thats how it works .. the evox dashboard runs an ftp server , shut down evox (ie. play game) and you shut down the ftp server .. xbconnect and what you should be using, xlink, see your xbox on the network because the xbox dumps the system link packets onto the network for whatever to pick up .. it doesn't need an ip .. you should be all good to play online with your setup, well depending on the wireless xbox deal which sometimes can cause issues .. www.teamxlink.co.uk  :]

This post has been edited by c-2: Dec 18 2004, 04:22 PM

whitedevil73

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2004, 07:18:00 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  Looks like I'll need to fix my msdashboard.   :(