xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbconnect + Nat Problem  (Read 71 times)

SpaceApe2k

• Archived User
Xbconnect + Nat Problem
« on: November 23, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

hi

i have a tweaked alcatel modem (dsl modem configured as a router) uplinking to a hub, on which i have my PC. In the PC i have 2 LAN Cards, 1 for internet 1 for my XBOX. No firewall.

first thing i have tried is hooking the xbox up to my 2nd LAN card with a crosscable. xbconnect could find my xbox, but i couldnt join any game cause of time out and the same goed for hosting.

so i forwarded port 8602 tcp and udp to my local ip 10.0.0.2 but it didnt help. so i tried forwarding it to 192.168.2.7 my xbox ip, didnt work either. i also tried all this with ICSharing on.

than i hooked the xbox up to the hub with a straight utp cable and still xbconnect could find my xbox (also after clearing the list) but still time out on joining and hosting. than i changed the port forwarding back to 10.0.0.2 but still no luck and also when the port forwarding was deleted it didnt work. i also tried letting my xbox have a dynamic ip that became 10.0.0.6 also tried forwarding ports to that ip.

than i hooked the xbox back to the 2nd lan card in my pc, but this time bridging the 2 LAN cards, forwarding the ports to the pc and after that the xbox pc.

and all this didnt work!

everytime i get a time out. but whats also weird, is when i join a friends game he sees me in the host window of xbconnect with 'kick' behind my name and after 9 sec's i time out and leave again. but when someone connects to me and i am hosting i dont see anything.

hope someone can help. i also got my ftp server working behind NAT but that only works when you connect using passive mode.

SpaceApe2k

• Archived User
Xbconnect + Nat Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 05:36:00 AM »

today i tried it with another pc. hooked the pc and xbox to my hub. forwarded the ports to the pc local ip and it worked!! something is wrong with that other pc :S

obietitch

• Archived User
Xbconnect + Nat Problem
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 08:12:00 PM »

DID YOU TRY INSTALLING KAI??????????

i installed the new KAI xlink, and after that XBConnect suddenly stopped working, i un-installed Kai and still xbconect wouldnt work, ...

i then uninstalled xbconnect, re-installed it and it still wouldn't work,

HOWEVER when i did a system restore to before i installed KAI, xbconnect worked fine...

I dont know what courses this but its put me off even looking at kai again,

I hope this help's

:ph34r: TBD RULE on xbc :ph34r:

c-2

• Archived User
Xbconnect + Nat Problem
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 07:00:00 AM »

DID YOU TRY INSTALLING KAI??????????

i installed the new KAI xlink, and after that XBConnect suddenly stopped working, i un-installed Kai and still xbconect wouldnt work, ...

i then uninstalled xbconnect, re-installed it and it still wouldn't work,

HOWEVER when i did a system restore to before i installed KAI, xbconnect worked fine...

I dont know what courses this but its put me off even looking at kai again,

I hope this help's

k that barely makes sence let alone a reason not to use kai .. i have both xbc and kai and they work fine, i never use xbc because kai is waaaay better but they do both work .. the 2 apps share nothing, its possible if you did this a few months ago that it may have had winpcap issues but that has long since been removed from both apps ..