xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Which Is The Best Tunneling Software  (Read 79 times)

Fads

• Archived User
Which Is The Best Tunneling Software
« on: November 15, 2004, 11:09:00 AM »

Hey I was just wondering which is the best Tunneling Software? This means which is the most reliable and easiest to use? Is there one that allows games to run off the hard drive? Thanks for your time.

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

XBConnect :  lots of users because its been around for a long time .. uh, can't really think of anything else that makes it stand out .. does have MAC client (aquaduct) .. basic and pro versions, pro cost $10 i think ..

Gamespy : crap .. don't bother

Xlink Kai : newer so the user base is a little smaller but on weekends now their is over 1000 on and at any givin time their is over 300 .. able to run from your xbox using XBMC and avalaunch (wait for ava update tho) .. runs in 2 ways completely PC free, one you can have linux installed on an xbox and run it on the xbox .. two you will soon be able to install kai on to a WRT router and play .. XLink has Mac  (in alpha but getting there) and linux as well as win32 obviously .. soon will have a portable java UI for cell phones.. existing pocket pc support .. global server support to reduce lag (orbitals) .. a better UI .. better clan support .. better clans .. kai has auto update so you don't have to download new versions and your always up to date .. oh and kai is COMPLETLY free .. kai also does all 3 major consoles, XBOX, GameCube and PS2..

they all allow you to run games from the hdd. kai with XBMC actually auto searchs your hdd and adds the system link games you own to your favorites list.

anyone else have anything to add :]

This post has been edited by c-2: Nov 15 2004, 08:49 PM

dbldown768

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »

huh.gif

orkatist

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 08:27:00 AM »

XBConnect :  lots of users because its been around for a long time .. uh, can't really think of anything else that makes it stand out .. does have MAC client (aquaduct) .. basic and pro versions, pro cost $10 i think ..

This is what I've used.  This is what I would suggest.  I've tried Gamespy tunneling too, but I don't like it.  While XBConnect may be a good alternative to Xbox live, it is still laggy and not very reliable.  But hey, I guess you can't complain, it's free.  Then again, you can try them all if you'd like, but this is the one that i'd stick with.

This post has been edited by orkatist: Nov 16 2004, 04:27 PM

hockeyguy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

I use Xbconnect, but plan on trying Kai at some time in the near future.  As to XBCs lagging, I think there have been some software improvements that have fixed some of this, also a user can do many things to optimize their network speed, by ensuring all bots and spyware are removed.  Distributed computing has a way of lagging a system :P

Spency234

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »

I don't find Xbconnect laggy at all...

hockeyguy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Nov 16 2004, 07:27 PM)
I don't find Xbconnect laggy at all...

I think it is based on who/where you are connecting to...i.e. Ping and whether or not your system is free of other processes and bots.  IM and things like that eat a lot of bandwidth.