xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Halo2, Gonna Just Play It On Xbconnect  (Read 119 times)

bluewoodz

• Archived User
Halo2, Gonna Just Play It On Xbconnect
« on: October 18, 2004, 09:46:00 AM »

Well i was amped up to buy HALo 2 and play it on XBLIVE but since i got recently banned from live.
I was getting ready to buy  a new LIVE account and get my gamertag from XBCONNECT halo on XBLIVE. But i'm getting tired of playing cat and mouse with M$ XBLIVE. Guess i dont need to buy no stinking GAMES anymore for live! laugh.gif

smack_blitz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »

did you seriously expect MS to make your life easier once you modded your xbox??  It's called reality, son!  Opening the xbox itself, alone, is illegal in some states.  Let alone putting a chip in.  I think you lost touch with reality and think MS will give any headroom to all modders.  It's a cat and mouse game and that's the way it is.  

Life is not fair.  Deal with it. Talking piracy AND mentioning Halo 2 in the forums calls for a ban.

solid7x2

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »

THe main reason (i see) for buying xbox live is the structure and availability of the online gaming system. Yeah I hate m$, and yeah i hate paying for a service i feel should be free after spending 50+ on each game, but you know what- you either suck it up and pay to play, or try crappy alternatives that dont compare. As good as kai is, it cant hold a candle to live.  There just arent a lot of poeple on it.  Also there is only one game that people really play, and its halo.  Once halo 2 comes out and is up on live, i bet barely anyone will play on kai... altho maybe im wrong.

finally live is only $40 (on sale) FOR A YEAR.... i spend more than that on a night in a bar.

smack_blitz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »

Once halo 2 comes out and is up on live, i bet barely anyone will play on kai... altho maybe im wrong.

your'e wrong...  bloowoods is gonna be on KAI all by himself....waiting for someone to play with    *sigh*   dry.gif

SniperKilla

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »

why lower your standards from live to xbc.. atleast go to xlink kai if your not gonna go live...

i got my account deleted.. but im buying halo2 and another live account anyway.. i am not going to miss the best game on live ever just because i broke the xbox live TOS and got pissed because i got caught wink.gif

PENiX

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

^Nice job dissing XBConnect grr.gif

Everyone here is right though, don't get mad at them. It is against the Terms of Service and they have the right to ban you for modding. Just buy a new xbox for Live and your done. You won't regret it (think about it, we are talking about the sequal to halo here!!!!).

bluewoodz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (smack_blitz @ Oct 18 2004, 08:19 PM)

your'e wrong...  bloowoods is gonna be on KAI all by himself....waiting for someone to play with    *sigh*   dry.gif

hmmm ... I never said anything bout kia!?
I have used XBconnect since its inception and for HALO its the best.
I tried kia didnt have nearly as many peeps as XBCONNECT has.
And as far as playing on  XBconnect all by myself... lol
I highly doubt it there are 697,593 accounts currently.
And get this they dont charge like live or make ya have to have stock xbox.
Cause what s the diff. between modding my Honda Civics engine and my Xbox's motherboard?
U dont see Honda saying oh no!!
lol

bluewoodz

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 08:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Oct 18 2004, 10:26 PM)
why lower your standards from live to xbc.. atleast go to xlink kai if your not gonna go live...

i got my account deleted.. but im buying halo2 and another live account anyway.. i am not going to miss the best game on live ever just because i broke the xbox live TOS and got pissed because i got caught wink.gif

Hmmm why lower my standards for XBconnect?
Well thats a  pretty stupid statement seeing people have been playing HALO on XBCOnnect for years now.
While XBlive has never had support for the first HALO!
In fact the whole reason there is an XBCONNECT is cause XBLIVE was to slow to respond and go back and try to make XBLIVE support for the best game on there system!
And oh yea its FREE and I won't get banned for having a modded xbox!!
ph34r.gif
XBCONNECT.com

XBC  Server stats

Logins per minute
Games Hosted

Hosts per minute
Games Joined

Joins per minute
Chat users

New accounts today
Total accounts

knodi

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »

Dude XBC sux. Get a new EEPROM and use LIVE. LIVE is way better.

smack_blitz

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »

I can hardly see the similarity between Xbox and Honda Civics.  Once u buy a civic, that;s it.  no other software to buy, no service, etc.  What you are saying is correct if you buy an xbox and NOT play games on it.  You buy it, mod it, and just stare at it.  

BLoowoods sounds like a mama's boy, who gets whatever he wants.  

AND LIVE IS THE SHIZZZZ!!

wildwild100s

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 03:06:00 AM »

Live does have a lot and i mean a lot of cool features but XBC is for free, and you don't have to get live to get updates, there are ways of getting those updates that people actually pay for.  i like xbc, and kai, but seriously you can't expect to play with a modded xbox.  when halo 2 is release there will be a global shortage of bandwith because i'm tellin you xbc, kai, and live will be flooded!!! Trust me but hey it each its own and that's all folks.......

locutus of worm

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 08:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (smack_blitz @ Oct 18 2004, 06:13 PM)
mentioning Halo 2 in the forums calls for a ban.

why? he never said that he planned playing the leak on XBC, he oply mentioned halo 2 as in " when it comes out, stuff xblive" unsure.gif

knicksrule

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2004, 10:11:00 AM »

true i do hate ms but there are ways around getting banned look into them you should find some ways either way halo 2 will rock on either or biggrin.gif

XboxforU

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 11:19:00 PM »

I have halo 2 and I gotta say its wonderful on XBC

U can start a game and people can join midgame how kool is that
also u can all have mics in game
also more then 4 xboxs can join..as far as I can tell there is no limit except ur connection speed
and there is no lag..runs as fluid as if other xbox were in same house
its crazy

Gonzo_PhD

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2004, 06:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (smack_blitz @ Oct 18 2004, 01:13 PM)
did you seriously expect MS to make your life easier once you modded your xbox??  It's called reality, son!  Opening the xbox itself, alone, is illegal in some states.  Let alone putting a chip in.  I think you lost touch with reality and think MS will give any headroom to all modders.  It's a cat and mouse game and that's the way it is. 

Life is not fair.  Deal with it. Talking piracy AND mentioning Halo 2 in the forums calls for a ban.

Opening the xbox is not illegal anywhere.  All it does is void your warranty.

This post has been edited by Gonzo_PhD on Oct 20 2004, 02:00 PM
Pages: [1] 2