xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Tunneling Software  (Read 73 times)

bcb07

• Archived User
Xbox Tunneling Software
« on: October 18, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »

hey,
i dont know if you all have already done this or not, so im gonna tell you what i got figured out.  I have successfully figured out a way to play system link games over the internet without using XBconnect, XBOX live, or any special software.  Its just a small file you have to set up once, then its always active on your computer.  Only thing i had to do was input the ip address of the person i wanted to play, and it always keeps it in there.  You can put as many ip addresses as you want in it.  It remains hidden and you never even know that it is running by looking at your computer.  I was just wondering if other people have been doing this.

c-2

• Archived User
Xbox Tunneling Software
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »

whats the app called ?  seems odd to me and wouldn't it be hard to find a game ?

bcb07

• Archived User
Xbox Tunneling Software
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »

id rather not mention the name of the app right now, im still testing it.  But this not really used to find games, but to play with people you already know.  You have to put in there ip address, and when they host a game you can join it, or you can host a game and they can join yours.  It it just to make a direct connection with another (or 3 other) xbox's.  It is just like if you are playing on a LAN, but you can do it over the internet.

c-2

• Archived User
Xbox Tunneling Software
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

oh so its like running xlink or xbc without ppl .. seems a waste to me .. have phun! :]

bcb07

• Archived User
Xbox Tunneling Software
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

Man it doesn't help you play just random games it gives you the ability to do system link games with your friends that are located any where in the world. What do you mean xlink or xbc without ppl? Are you slow or what?

c-2

• Archived User
Xbox Tunneling Software
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »

xlink and xbc allow u to play system link games with your friends from anywhere in the world!  what the hell would i need this for when i can go on either of those and find my friends plus tons of other ppl FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD to play against .. ya i'm the one whos slow and your the one playing with yourself , and a friend ..