xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbconnect Wireless  (Read 82 times)

afish

• Archived User
Xbconnect Wireless
« on: September 25, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

I was wondering if it was at all possible to use xbox connect with a wireless pci card on the computer and a wireless adapter for the xbox. i know the website says use a crossover cable but what difference does that make? xbconnect says it finds my xbox, but i never see any games to connect to. i have a linksys wireless router and a modded box and i can connect to my xbox so i know theyre on the same network... why cant i use this setup for xbox connect? also... are there any other good alternatives to xbconnect that would allow me to use this setup?

XboxforU

• Archived User
Xbconnect Wireless
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 12:56:00 AM »

both cannot be wireless..port conflict..only one of them can be

simonm2000

• Archived User
Xbconnect Wireless
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

what do you mean xboxforu?

c-2

• Archived User
Xbconnect Wireless
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 05:08:00 PM »

try xlink .. www.teamxlink.co.uk .. it has settings for wireless networks that might help .. just a thought ..

CrystalXBOX

• Archived User
Xbconnect Wireless
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 09:12:00 PM »

What is my "REAL" and my "VIRTUAL" MAC address.  Trying to configure a Linksys wireless network.  Just like the above poster, I can FTP into the XBOX.  But KAI can't be configured properly to see the XBOX.  I see the wireless setting, but I have to enter the MACs..  What now?

CrystalXBOX

• Archived User
Xbconnect Wireless
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 11:16:00 AM »

Before any else post..

I went ahead and brought the Linksys wireless game adapter back.  Bought a NIC for the PC serving KAI and a 25 foot ethernet cable...

It was just too much hooplah.  The xbox was wireless.. I was able to use FlashFXP to get into it, all that.. but KAI would not detect the console for nothing..  I think the main problem is that the computer with KAI also has a wireless connection from the LINKYSYS router by way of a LINKSYS USB wireless adapter.. Perhaps if the router would of been hard wired into the pc with KAI it would of worked, but.. such is life!  We played all night online..