xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Host Better Games For Halo  (Read 98 times)

FreewayX327

• Archived User
How Do I Host Better Games For Halo
« on: July 26, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »

comcast's upload is 256 k. thats the max. i heard certain cable modems can boost up the dl n ul speeds.  and i also heard uncaping it can do the same too. anyone have any ideas on which modems does this.

inthresh

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

you should NOT have comcast...thats about the only fix.  I had comcast for 2 years and finally got sick of laggy games and tomorrow the Wide Open West guy is coming over.

FreewayX327

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »

well its comcast or...DSL eh.  i dont have a lot of different isps where im at. damn i wish i did tho

GameMasta24

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »

Well if you wanna make your host go faster it depends on how u connect ur xbox through a router, or hub...... well if you connect through router then you need to go to this link XBconnect Router Help and then from there follow the directions. What it does is it configures different ports to make XB connect run faster

This post has been edited by GameMasta24 on Jul 31 2004, 04:18 AM

{{superman}}

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 06:55:00 PM »

If you play your cards right you can at least host 2 other boxes with that connection.  I have a worse connection and I host a box of four all the time and its lag free.  Contact me for tips on how I do it.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »

There is no true way to uncap a modem.  What I suggest is either forking out for more expansive DSL or try to find if Cable is in your area.

I have Optonline and cannot say enough how happy I am with it.  1.3 Megs a second down and 125KB/Sec upload.

39.99 a month ;)

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 12:37:00 AM »

Yeaaaaaaaaa optonline is the sh**. I host 4 xboxes with almost no problem. I ran 8on8 in halo and it's extremely lagg free.

Sennin

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

Where are you located?

Comcast's speed upgrades should have gone into effect everywhere by now, The new caps are 3.5/384 arent they?