xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do I Recover A Lost Dvd Key?  (Read 177 times)

deilzfcjk

• Archived User
How Do I Recover A Lost Dvd Key?
« on: July 07, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »

your best bet and only chance for making it play games again will be to look in Jungleflasher and see if your key is in the keys database file.

Other than that yes JTAG or RGH. Jtag is not an option if you have updated passed 8955 dashboard. WHich Im thinking you have since I doubt that you have been under a rock for the last 3 years.

tarekelsakka

• Archived User
How Do I Recover A Lost Dvd Key?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 05:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(deilzfcjk @ Jul 8 2013, 07:01 AM) View Post

your best bet and only chance for making it play games again will be to look in Jungleflasher and see if your key is in the keys database file.

Other than that yes JTAG or RGH. Jtag is not an option if you have updated passed 8955 dashboard. WHich Im thinking you have since I doubt that you have been under a rock for the last 3 years.

Thanks for your reply. I was talking to my friend who I bought the Xbox from last night and he told me that he actually has the DVD keys of this console!

He checked his email and sent them to me, and it is a rar file containing two things:

1) Benq_CFW.bin
2) BENQ-OFW.bin

I am guessing I'll need the second one in order to use Jungleflasher and install the OFW, correct? If so, would this work? http://team-xecuter....-stock-firmware

What I don't understand about it is that it says:

2. You will see the option box appear as below, you should choose load F/W.
3. Navigate to your stock firmware and select it.

That "stock firmware" they are referring to is supposedly BENQ-OFW.bin but that's ONLY 262,144kb so how is that supposed to install a whole firmware, or am I missing something?

Thanks again!