xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 0225 Slim Freeze When Writing...need Help Please!  (Read 201 times)

speedne1

• Archived User
0225 Slim Freeze When Writing...need Help Please!
« on: April 27, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »

I hope this is in the right section, this is my first post and I apologize if its not. I'm prepping an Xk3y for a friend and I've never done a slim 0225 liteon before. I did the Kamikaze hack and it worked the first try. But now when I put it into vendor mode from intro it gives me status 0x51. I've managed to get by it but then I notice my SPi status: 0x04 instead of 0x00. I try hitting write after this and it jf freezes. I know there are issues with this drive but wondering if anyone has seen these status' before? I have the logs and more info as needed. Just making sure this is the right forum for this talk/help before posting it.

dougiegillam

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 06:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(speedne1 @ Apr 27 2013, 08:34 PM) View Post

I hope this is in the right section, this is my first post and I apologize if its not. I'm prepping an Xk3y for a friend and I've never done a slim 0225 liteon before. I did the Kamikaze hack and it worked the first try. But now when I put it into vendor mode from intro it gives me status 0x51. I've managed to get by it but then I notice my SPi status: 0x04 instead of 0x00. I try hitting write after this and it jf freezes. I know there are issues with this drive but wondering if anyone has seen these status' before? I have the logs and more info as needed. Just making sure this is the right forum for this talk/help before posting it.

I take it you got the key ok so why are you trying to write to the drive when you are preparing it for use with XK3y? Also are you using a X360USB pro for this operation as this is the only 100% method, there are other hardware options but they have varying degrees of success. Hope this helps.

speedne1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 10:16:00 AM »

I've always used a VIA  Sata  card with no issues. I was following along jf and hit the erase lite-on button before realizing I didn't need  to do that I guess for the xkey to work.  The erase went through so now I'm assuming I need to put the original 0225 firmware back on it,  right?  That's when I get these errors. I just wanted to make sure the x360usbpro will solve my issue before I buy it or your thoughts on this issue.  Thanks for replying back!

dougiegillam

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(speedne1 @ Apr 28 2013, 05:16 PM) View Post

I've always used a VIA  Sata  card with no issues. I was following along jf and hit the erase lite-on button before realizing I didn't need  to do that I guess for the xkey to work.  The erase went through so now I'm assuming I need to put the original 0225 firmware back on it,  right?  That's when I get these errors. I just wanted to make sure the x360usbpro will solve my issue before I buy it or your thoughts on this issue.  Thanks for replying back!

Yes via setup used to be perfect for all those early drives Samsung/Benq  and early Liteon etc, but when the slim came along it changed all that. Yes you will need to get the Original F/w back onto the drive. Suggest you purchase a X360 PRO USB for now and future projects plus its makes the job that much easier and you can even use your laptop now to flash.

speedne1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »

Thank you for all your help. I will be purchasing a x360usbpro from what you have said. Such a big help and relief once I get this reflashed with OFW. So just for clarification though, with slims and xk3y nothing needs to be flashed just the dummy.bin needs to be obtained then put that onto the xk3y's sd card. Is that correct? No kamikaze hack needed. For future reference.

dougiegillam

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 07:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(speedne1 @ Apr 28 2013, 11:05 PM) View Post

Thank you for all your help. I will be purchasing a x360usbpro from what you have said. Such a big help and relief once I get this reflashed with OFW. So just for clarification though, with slims and xk3y nothing needs to be flashed just the dummy.bin needs to be obtained then put that onto the xk3y's sd card. Is that correct? No kamikaze hack needed. For future reference.

That is correct only the key is needed. Just return your drive back to stock F/W. I had an xKey fitted to the other slim which i sold on and kept the 250 slim which i have a Wasabi fitted to. Much prefer the wasabi as it makes for a much neater job and uses Esata for much faster speeds.