xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: [liteon]flashing Question  (Read 216 times)

BoNg420

• Archived User
[liteon]flashing Question
« on: July 04, 2012, 01:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Psyclone @ Jul 4 2012, 03:21 AM) View Post

All,

Some time ago I fried my liteon drive attempting to update it to the latest IX fw when plugging/unplugging the power supply to get the drive into half open status.  At any rate, I do still have the DVD key for it.  At the time I had a TS drive that I spoofed and it works ok except with the newer games that utilize the extra space anti copy measures.

Anyhow, I am about to order a replacement liteon drive.  Now, since I have the key from the original I shouldn't need any special extra hardware, probes, etc. correct? That is only to retrieve the key from a liteon?  I only need to flash via SATA the correct IX fw(with the key from the original drive) to the new one and I should be good to go? Additionally, I shouldn't need to worry about the specific FW that comes on the drive? The original is an 83850C V1.  

Please advise.

TIA

Yes you can just get any liteon drive for phat xbox.  Also you can just get a new liteon PCB and just replace that instead of the whole drive.

Reaper527

• Archived User
[liteon]flashing Question
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »

also, just a quick reminder, while your original firmware was 83850C, this is NOT the firmware you will be flashing to your new drives. after the dash update flashed everyone's firmware, all liteon drives were merged onto the 02510C firmware.