xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Is Iprep Still Viable For Flashing A Liteon Drive?  (Read 141 times)

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
Is Iprep Still Viable For Flashing A Liteon Drive?
« on: May 19, 2012, 08:49:00 AM »

Buy a VIA Sata controller (VIA VT6421), you won't have any problems.

MrBungle

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »

Sorry. should have added more details. I already have a VIA VT6421 - I followed all the instructions for removing its drivers etc.

I think there is something else on my P.C that interferes. If I use something like gamebooster to close down as many background services as possible, then jungleflasher isn't as flaky. But it still slows down mouse movement, looks like it has frozen etc.

Then when I risk flashing, jungleflasher can freeze for quite a few seconds. I have so far managed to flash my drive a few times, but it almost always results in my graphic drivers (ATI) crashing and me having to reinstall them to fix it.

I've tried several versions of the ATI drivers but none help. I have even tried a few versions of Jungleflasher, as some freeze completely, whereas one of the older versions seems to work best.

I have googled the problem many many times and tried every fix. I asked at the JF forums but got no answer there

Short answer, got that VIA card and JF still freezes sad.gif Need an alternative method if one exists.

insanity4all

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 09:53:00 PM »

x360 usb pro

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »

For a very long time I didn't trust JungleFlasher to do any actual flashing. I'd create the firmware in it then reboot into DOS to do the flash. If in doubt, do the same. Create the firmware in Windows, copy it to your iPrep disk (or whatever you're running it from) and do the dirty deed in DOS.

xboxdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »

I just flashed my friend's liteon drive last night. Was able to extract the key with Jungleflasher. However it would freeze everytime when I tried to erase. So I got my trusty lil USB drive that I had made with DOSFlash and l-o-eras and used it to erase and flash the key. Worked like a champ.

Here's a link to that thread:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=673708

And a helpful video:
http://video.google....391525807200902

Hmmm..video not playing at the moment, just in case here are the steps:

You'll need to know the hex port number of your sata port. After you boot on the USB key in DOSFLASH and press enter. Pick the port number that you used.

Power off the drive, then press y, then power on the drive.

The drive status should change to FF72 and give you the flash info.

Choose E to erase. After it finishes power off the drive
Type Dosflash and press Enter
y to resend the command
power on the drive
choose the drive
W to write
enter the firmware file name
and it will flash the drive and you're done!