xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rgh Suggestions Before Noob Tries For Him Self......  (Read 98 times)

Weirdjerz3y

• Archived User
Rgh Suggestions Before Noob Tries For Him Self......
« on: April 19, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »

Personally i think if your going to find somebody to install it, why not just have someone do it all at once. Flashing, soldering, etc. You can find many great people here who will do all, im sure for reasonable prices.

mouseym

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(vicicarus @ Apr 20 2012, 04:59 AM) View Post
Thank you for any and all help provided,

I have a stock 2010 made, lite on drive 360 with dash 14699 and I want to RGH it but I have never  ever done/attempted anything like this before.  I looked around for tutorials and found several videos that I can follow. It states (in the one video  I will use) that I need a XECUTER NAND-X and a XECUTER COOLRUNNER - REV B.

My questions is if these are suitable part I should be using for this method? The tutorial provides links for the parts(or is there newer parts, part # I should look for).I believe I can do all the flashing, pc/360 tools part of this, the only problem I will have is the soldering. What I am going to try is to look for a repair shop of some sort that can solder the wires for me then I can do the rest at home. Any guidance on this would really help.

RGH/JTAG is a problem if you can't solder, especially if you get it done by a third party and it goes wrong. Any reason why you aren't just using a flashed dvdrom/fw?

vicicarus

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »

thank you very much for the reply,

Yes I do think about something going wrong, when ever something like this gets done there is always that chance of it happening. I was thinking of looking around for a descent looking electronic repair shop that may  want to solder the wires for me(not just any repair shop.) I have been looking around for mod shops around my area and have even looked on Craigs.L for some that offers the service around my area but either no knows how to or they just don't to offer service???? can't really say way I haven't had any luck finding someone?

And as for why not just using DVD firmware,Home brew,less to carry around(DVD's) when I go to my buddies pad, slim has wi-fi, its a ability to back up my games to external HDD stuff like that.