xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can I Flash My Samsung Driv With Ixtreme 2.0?  (Read 238 times)

Aldanga

• Archived User
Can I Flash My Samsung Driv With Ixtreme 2.0?
« on: January 12, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »

Download the Jungle Flasher tutorial from here and follow the directions it gives.

You will be able to get your key from the firmware currently on your drive. However, before updating to the newest dashboard required for games, you'll have to flash stock firmware to the drive (otherwise the update will fail). The tutorial should provide you with most information regarding these things.

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »

Yes. Follow the guide to return it to stock. If you don't (and you try to update the dashbard to play newer games), it will fail. You must have stock firmware on the drive before you can update. If you want to play newer games, you must update.

So, flash the drive to stock, apply the dashboard update, then flash LT+ 2.0.

You can look on the top of your drive. But it shouldn't matter once you update the dashboard as it will update the stock firmware. The method for flashing Sammys is pretty much the same.

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 03:35:00 PM »

Option 1 is the right one.

It's pretty unlikely that you'll hurt anything if you follow the instructions. Just make sure to make a backup of your firmware and keep it in a safe place and you should be good.

As for the firmware: Xbins. GIYF.

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »

Check the third link in Google. They should link to this page.

The firmware should be somewhere like /Xbox 360/Firmware/. I don't have access to Xbins right now, so I can't check, but it's similar to that and you should be able to find it without much issue.

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »

Please don't reference torrent trackers or other sites promoting piracy. It's against the forum rules.

I'm currently working, so I can't give you the exact location. If someone comes along and can give that to you, that would be great, but otherwise it'll be at least an hour before I can verify its location.

bamarquez226

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 04:36:00 PM »

Download the "Latest_iXtreme_and_Stock_Firmware_Pack_(with_BenQ_and_Phat_Lite-On_v3.0)" file. Its a 12MB RAR fileset.

EDIT: The first file in the FW folder is the LT Sammy 2.01.

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »

The location on Xbins is /XBOX 360/firmware/hacked firmware/Firmware Packs/. The file is Latest_iXtreme_and_Stock_Firmware_Pack_(with_BenQ_and_Phat_Lite-On_v3.0).rar, like barmarquez226 said. The stock and custom Sammy firmware is in that pack.

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 02:11:00 AM »

It's a false positive. Auto-Xbins is not a trojan.

avskedsfest2

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 03:58:00 PM »

Hi again.

I have now ready the tuturioal quite careful, but without connecting to the Xbox360

3 questions

1) When return try to stock i can chose between 2 stock Firmware for Samsung. How do I know if I have Samsung pre or post 13141?

2) For fun I tried to press Pressed target firmwarey in jungleflasher when no Xbox drive was connected. The key presented Jungfle flasher was 00000000000000000000000000000000. Is this ok? Or is it due to a bad file?

3) Once I have returned to stock Firmware. Should I connect my Xbox to live and update? and then update to iXtreme 2.0? (is this what is called to update the dashboard?)

(Isn't it safer to update via USB then connecting the box to live? looks pretty simple in the Microsoft homepage)

Aldanga

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 04:04:00 PM »

If your dashboard version is before 13141 (which it almost certainly is), you need to use that firmware. If it's after, then use the post-13141.

There was no key loaded, so a blank key was used.

Yes. First return to stock. Then update the Xbox (either through LIVE or a downloaded update). Then flash the custom firmware.

avskedsfest2

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2012, 06:13:00 AM »

Hi again

I would like to be able to "overburn" dvds as well. I have understood that I need to buy a Liteon iHas and put Burner Max firmware.

1) Can I buy any Liteon iHas? I saw a "Lite-On iHAS124 " at very low price...

2) Also, is there a cool tuturial on how to install the Burner Max firmware which you can recommend (I hope is it easier than flashing the Xbox360...)

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »

Yes the tutorial comes with the Burner Max files. It is very simple to do since it doesn't involve keys or additional tools.

Yes, that drive is perfect (the one i have). I got mine from Newegg and the reviews are helpful as people will let you know if its appropriate for burning xgd3 games.

avskedsfest2

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 03:13:00 AM »

I read the tuturial. It looks as if you need a iHAS124B. When I look on hte internet the Swedish stores don't specify this. For instance a store I am thinking of buying from has the following info Link

How do I know if this is the B version or not?

avskedsfest2

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 09:23:00 AM »

Ok, I talked to the store and they say they sell the B version of the iHAS burner

I also read that I need the following "Any SATA Chipset (NON-AHCI Mode) or XECUTER X360USB PRO". Is this the same as having a computer with a mother board where I can plug in a sata cable for the iHAS burner?

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »

Yes using your onboard SATA connection should be fine.
Pages: [1] 2