xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Newby Needing A Little Bit Of Feedback  (Read 182 times)

russg51

• Archived User
Newby Needing A Little Bit Of Feedback
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »

hi there guys im thinking of flashing my 360 and was wondering if any of you can help as im new to this kind of thing.

first things first i have dashboard 12625 and a lite on 83850c now i am new to this and doing all the reading i can.

ive read of a new  firmware update lt+1.91 is this correct update to play the latest games and correct for my lite on 83850c.would it still player backups of older games

also before i do my firmware update do i need to update my dash or am ok to run the 12625 or should i update it to 13599 first.

ive just read the pinned bit on this drive and it says dnt use the probe but allover the net it says i have to have the probe for these drives.

if any one could answer this i would be extremely greatful.

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »

there are two revisions of 83850 drives, the first can be dumped without any extra equipmrnt, sata cable only, and only on the original fw, if you update the console to 13599 you will not be able to dump the drive without a PMT probe.

the second version of 83850 requires a PMT probe to dump.

you will only be able to tell which version you have when you connect it to computer and try to dump it v1 style, if it works its v1, if it errors out it is v2 and you need a PMT probe.

so, if its v1, fire up jungleflasher and dump the drive, then update the console to 13599 and then reflash the drive with LT1.91

if its v2, update the console to 13599 and then use PMT probe to dump the drive, and then flash LY1.91 to it.

russg51

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »

firstly thankyou very much for your help. As i said this is all new to me and when i read the other threads they tend to go a little off what im looking for the reason for me starting this one.

now its my boys xbox and games are costly especialy when there freinds get a new game.cos then as all kids i want it hes got it why cnt i sort of thing.

this is what kit ive orderd a x360 pro usb,something called a molex power lead,ck3 lite and also a ck3 probe as it says needed for lite on. Hope i orderd everything?
now you put v1 dmp the drive then update the dash. does that mean ihave to remove the drive connect to my laptop via equipment dump the drive fit it back to xbox install dash remove rom connect back to laptop then load ltplus-025v1.91 is this correct sorry to sound a little thick  about this.

Then on v2 at the end you put ly1.91 was that just a miss type as y next to t on keys and when you say use probe on version 2 you mean like the videos with the little button. Once again i cant thankyou enough for your help

Twis7eD

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(russg51 @ Aug 18 2011, 03:36 PM) *

this is what kit ive orderd a x360 pro usb,something called a molex power lead,ck3 lite and also a ck3 probe as it says needed for lite on. Hope i orderd everything?

Yep, that's all you'll need.

X360USB is for connecting the drive to your computer via USB instead of SATA (much easier)
The molex power supply is to plug into the Ck3 lite so that you don't have to use an internal molex connector in your computer
And the Ck3 probe is for using on the drive to get your drive key

now you put v1 dmp the drive then update the dash. does that mean ihave to remove the drive connect to my laptop via equipment dump the drive fit it back to xbox install dash remove rom connect back to laptop then load ltplus-025v1.91 is this correct sorry to sound a little thick  about this.

Exactly correct.

Then on v2 at the end you put ly1.91 was that just a miss type as y next to t on keys and when you say use probe on version 2 you mean like the videos with the little button. Once again i cant thankyou enough for your help

Yes, that was a typo. He meant to say LT+1.91 and the probe is what you ordered. The Ck3 probe. You use it to connect a point on your drive while you're dumping your drive key / firmware. Without it, the Liteon 8 series v2 would not be able to dump its drive.

russg51

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »

once again many thanks you help a lot to clear things up and sound very clued up on this.

now again dnt want to sound stupid but dnt want to muck this up so if v1 im ok to dump the files and put the rom back into the 360 i presume blank when files have been dumped to update the dash then back to the x360 tackle.

now another thing is ive dwnloaded jugle flasher and read the tutorial a few times and seen the bit about the v1 and v2 on the roms and if they past dash 13146 all drive become 02510 my dash is 12625 where can i get a later dash as i dnt have xbox live and no intentions of it can i download it via laptop and do it via usb pen or disc.

also ive got jf and the folder that says add firmware do i just need to put the ltplus-025v1.91 into there or is there others to add.as a cone at the side of it 256kb .bin file is this correct.

I downloaded it from xbins comes with three folders 0800_ssv2,firmware and stock firmware is it the ltplus with cone.bin all i need in the firmware folder just wonderd beacause the three folders seen on a video not to put folders in.and theres a lot of files in that.

tell me to p**s off if you want lol but i do realy appreiciate your help.

Twis7eD

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(russg51 @ Aug 18 2011, 05:31 PM) *

now again dnt want to sound stupid but dnt want to muck this up so if v1 im ok to dump the files and put the rom back into the 360 i presume blank when files have been dumped to update the dash then back to the x360 tackle.

I can't really understand what you're trying to ask. Either way, you're going to need to follow this procedure:
1. Update to the newest dashboard 13599.
2. Plug your drive into your computer and flash it.

Don't do any other method.

now another thing is ive dwnloaded jugle flasher and read the tutorial a few times and seen the bit about the v1 and v2 on the roms and if they past dash 13146 all drive become 02510 my dash is 12625 where can i get a later dash as i dnt have xbox live and no intentions of it can i download it via laptop and do it via usb pen or disc.

Download the newest update here.

also ive got jf and the folder that says add firmware do i just need to put the ltplus-025v1.91 into there or is there others to add.as a cone at the side of it 256kb .bin file is this correct.

You're going to use the LTPlus-025v1.9.bin file.

I downloaded it from xbins comes with three folders 0800_ssv2,firmware and stock firmware is it the ltplus with cone.bin all i need in the firmware folder just wonderd beacause the three folders seen on a video not to put folders in.and theres a lot of files in that.

You only put your firmware in the firmware folder. Don't put any folders or anything else. If you want to be extra careful, then only put in the LTPlus-025v1.9.bin file. And JungleFlasher will most likely ask you if you want to auto load the firmware.

Also, I recommend following these guides since you are getting an X360USB: http://team-xecuter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158

Gazc0igne

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 05:17:00 AM »

lol when you dump the drive you dont remove the fw from it, only take a copy of it, the drive is not blanked.

the reason i explained to check if its v1 or v2 is that if it is v1 then you dont need to make up a PMT probe to get the fw dump. you can then update the drive after the 13599 update very easily using the original dump, no extra hardware required.

if it is v2 then you have no other choice but to obtain a PMT probe, and you may as well update the console straight away to 13599 to save yourself a few steps.

its up to you really, a PMT probe is very useful to have if you plan on flashing more drives than you own, my advice is to try to save you some time and cash.

This post has been edited by Gazc0igne: Aug 19 2011, 12:20 PM

russg51

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 05:34:00 AM »

your advice is deffinatly helpful and very time saving and i cant thankyou enuf im hoping the x360 kit turns up monday as will be weekend and no post BUMMER but still ive got some reading to do before then.

thankyou for clearing some issues for me and hope if i get stuck on anything else hopefully your still around early next week to answer any issues i have.

is there anything to becareful of do i need to back up anything off the rom and keep it for safe keeping or is it a case of out with old and in we the new.obviously im going to be reading more and watching more vids on it.but when you look around its easy to be led a stray.

russg51

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Gazc0igne @ Aug 19 2011, 12:17 PM) *

if it is v2 then you have no other choice but to obtain a PMT probe, and you may as well update the console straight away to 13599 to save yourself a few steps.

sorry again but do you mean im better off updating dash now no matter weather its v1 or v2 or only up date dash now if its v2.

Im sure this sounds silly to you as you already know these things but to me this is completely new im a spanner man but do car electronics so please forgive me if i sound stupid got to get it to sink in.

Also on the link to the executer tutorial forum theres a video X360USB Pro Flashing LiteOn 0251 Video guide sayin update the dash they all become 0251 does this scrap the version 1 and 2 i seen on jungle flasher tutorial something about v1 draw as to be half open. rather be like is video.

I think what im saying if i flash the dash now the rom will become a 0251 and he says nothing about v1 v2 is comment he says they all become the same and the video looks straight forward but when i look on jungle flasher tutorial it says same as you v1 v2 if i update the dash now does my drive become 0251 v1 v2.

cheers

This post has been edited by russg51: Aug 19 2011, 09:07 PM

Twis7eD

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(russg51 @ Aug 19 2011, 06:34 AM) *
is there anything to becareful of do i need to back up anything off the rom and keep it for safe keeping or is it a case of out with old and in we the new.obviously im going to be reading more and watching more vids on it.but when you look around its easy to be led a stray.

Back up your original firmware. Don't lose that file.

QUOTE(russg51 @ Aug 19 2011, 02:20 PM) *

sorry again but do you mean im better off updating dash now no matter weather its v1 or v2 or only up date dash now if its v2.

Im sure this sounds silly to you as you already know these things but to me this is completely new im a spanner man but do car electronics so please forgive me if i sound stupid got to get it to sink in.

Also on the link to the executer tutorial forum theres a video X360USB Pro Flashing LiteOn 0251 Video guide sayin update the dash they all become 0251 does this scrap the version 1 and 2 i seen on jungle flasher tutorial something about v1 draw as to be half open. rather be like is video.

I think what im saying if i flash the dash now the rom will become a 0251 and he says nothing about v1 v2 is comment he says they all become the same and the video looks straight forward but when i look on jungle flasher tutorial it says same as you v1 v2 if i update the dash now does my drive become 0251 v1 v2.

cheers

Update the dashboard to the newest one no matter what. Just do it right now so you get it out of the way.

When you update, your drive does become a 0251, but in essence your drive will still be whatever it originally was. What I mean by that is that the 0251 firmware is only what your flashing to the drive. The process of reading your drive and dumping your firmware is still the same. So, you may or may not need the probe. The only way to find out is to open your drive in JungleFlasher and find out.

russg51

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 05:26:00 AM »

once again thankyou for the reply when you say backup my original firmware and keep a safe copy of it i prosume this is done via jungle flasher.  

I prosume that v1 and version v2 still exists so when this kit arrive then i will finaly be able to tell if its v1 and v2 and stick to the jungle flasher tutorial drive half open or probe.

when i downloaded the firmware pack there are two other folders stock firmware and 0800ssv2 are these not needed for anything.

dont worry it will sink eventualy lol