xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Reflashing Phat Lite-on 1.9 To 1.91 With No Tools !  (Read 73 times)

cryptonx

• Archived User
Reflashing Phat Lite-on 1.9 To 1.91 With No Tools !
« on: August 07, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »

Dear All,

I wanted to know if its possible to Re-flash a flashhed Phat Lite-on Drive, the current FW is LT 1.9 latest dash, I want to flash to 1.91.

I have the Key and the OFW.

But I don't have probes/tools anything at all and I've never flashed it before.

So can I Simply open the xbox, Hook the DVD drive to any sata port on my PC and power the Drive from the xbox and Use Jungleflasher ?

I was told the Xbox can detect this (DVD power) and flag, is there's anyway else ?

Thanks

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »

Yes you can do that.

It is likely the console can detect a power up without a DVD drive connected but as far as I know it has never been lead to a Live ban. The fact that you will have a custom firmware is far more likely to lead to a Live ban than powering the console without a drive connected.

cryptonx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ranger72 @ Aug 7 2011, 04:44 PM) *

Yes you can do that.

It is likely the console can detect a power up without a DVD drive connected but as far as I know it has never been lead to a Live ban. The fact that you will have a custom firmware is far more likely to lead to a Live ban than powering the console without a drive connected.

Thanks a lot for the reply Ranger,

I understand the risk of being live with a modified firmware but I don't want to increase my chances of a ban that's all, So I'm still a bit hesitated ... I ordered a ck3 but it wont arrive for a couple of weeks.