xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help Asap. Kindly Respond.  (Read 104 times)

Wheels79

• Archived User
Need Help Asap. Kindly Respond.
« on: February 02, 2020, 08:07:00 PM »

Hello, all.

I'm new to this site, and not quite "in-the-know" when it comes to the 360 scene.  

Let me explain my issue.

I had my 360 modded a few years ago, and have had no trouble with it.   I used Wave Patcher to convert the games to the correct Wave, and everything always worked.  I'm familiar with the burning process (IMGBurn, and the *.DVD file, and the split layer, etc), so it's definitely not an issue there.  

Now, after a year of not playing, I've just obtained some newer games, like Mortal Kombat and  Alice:Madness Returns -- but I'm finding none of the newer games work, when I burn them.

It shows the games are "Wave 11".  So I use Wave Patcher to convert them, like I would with older games.  But  nothing has worked, and I've wasted like 5 discs.  

When I put the discs in the Xbox360 drive, it reads them as DVDs.  

Can ANYONE assist me, please, as to how I can play these newer "Wave 11" games?  I have a Benq drive; of that much I am certain.

I would be SO grateful for anybody's help.

ChicagoUno6900

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 08:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Wheels79 @ Jul 11 2011, 10:07 PM) *

Hello, all.

I'm new to this site, and not quite "in-the-know" when it comes to the 360 scene.  

Let me explain my issue.

I had my 360 modded a few years ago, and have had no trouble with it.   I used Wave Patcher to convert the games to the correct Wave, and everything always worked.  I'm familiar with the burning process (IMGBurn, and the *.DVD file, and the split layer, etc), so it's definitely not an issue there.  

Now, after a year of not playing, I've just obtained some newer games, like Mortal Kombat and  Alice:Madness Returns -- but I'm finding none of the newer games work, when I burn them.

It shows the games are "Wave 11".  So I use Wave Patcher to convert them, like I would with older games.  But  nothing has worked, and I've wasted like 5 discs.  

Can ANYONE assist me, please, as to how I can play these newer "Wave 11" games?  I have a Benq drive; of that much I am certain.

You need to reflash your drive with the lt+ 1.9.  That should solve your problem.  If you have updated your system lately thats why your having this problem.

Lolster5

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 08:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Wheels79 @ Jul 11 2011, 06:07 PM) *

Hello, all.

Let me explain my issue.

Well, it looks like the fact that you are still using old firmware on your drive has finally caught up to you.  You need to get your Xbox re-modded (or, more specifically, re-flashed) because in order for burned copies of newer games like the ones you just described to work, you need to be on the latest firmware (which is, at the moment, Lt+ 1.9).

I'd suggest contacting the guy who flashed your drive for you & get him to re-flash it to the latest firmware, or you could take that up yourself. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  There are plenty of good tutorials on how to flash BenQs...  not to mention BenQs are extremely simple to flash.

-Lolster5

Wheels79

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 09:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(ChicagoUno6900 @ Jul 11 2011, 11:13 PM) *

You need to reflash your drive with the lt+ 1.9.  That should solve your problem.  If you have updated your system lately thats why your having this problem.

Awesome...  but how can I tell if my system is updated?   Somebody *might* have updated it, but of that:  I'm not sure.  

QUOTE(Lolster5 @ Jul 11 2011, 11:16 PM) *
 There are plenty of good tutorials on how to flash BenQs...  not to mention BenQs are extremely simple to flash.

Thanks

Knowing that BenQ flashing is simple is encouraging...  

Does flashing mean I have to take apart the Xbox?  

Or...

Could you direct me to the BenQ tutorial that you'd deem the friendliest for the non-technically inclined?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)  Thanks

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 09:14:00 PM »

Correct, it means you have to open the console.

The tutorial you want: Jungleflasher tutorial along with the latest Jungleflasher.

CLICK HERE!

Wheels79

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 11:10:00 PM »

Do you guys know how I can tell if my Xbox has been updated or not?

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 11:43:00 PM »

13141 is the latest dashboard update. Check by going to your console setting > console info or whatever its called.

But seriously, it doesn't matter. You will have to update eventually. You can't hide forever.

Lolster5

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 05:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wheels79 @ Jul 11 2011, 09:10 PM) *

Do you guys know how I can tell if my Xbox has been updated or not?

Like tomgreen99200 said, look under console settings.  Here is a link to a page that tells you exactly what to do: http://www.consolerepairguy.com/consoles/c...-kernel-version.

As for re-flashing it, I used this tutorial for my BenQ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbVFgVBATxY.  While the Jungleflasher tutorial is great, I myself am a visual learner so this helped me a lot...  not sure if you are too but regardless, this is a very simple & direct tutorial that made my first ever flash (my first flash was a BenQ) very easy.  

Now, that being said, there are some other things you'll need to figure out before you can go ahead (is your computer's chipset compatible, are you going to want to use the CK3, ect).  However, the Jungleflasher tutorial should cover all of that.  

One thing I think you should do is, assuming you are going to try & re-flash it yourself, contact the guy who modded it a couple years ago & find out what firmware version he put on (ie: 1.3, 1.4, ect).  The reason that is important is because depending on the firmware version you have, there are different ways you have to unlock the drive (get Jungleflasher to properly recognize the drive).  So I'd highly recommend doing that.

Hope that helped. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-Lolster5

xxxgenesisxxx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 03:09:00 PM »

The wave patcher (if using it online can get you flagged) and second and since you haven't been in the scene for awhile then you should know that ap 2.5 is out and you need 1.9 also make sure you up to date on your firmwares you don't want to get fucked in the ass by Microsoft don't you?