xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jtag With 3tb Usb Issue  (Read 169 times)

xxxgenesisxxx

• Archived User
Jtag With 3tb Usb Issue
« on: July 12, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »

Well after formatting you have to make a games folder and then open wx360,open iso,extract all files form iso and make a new folder in games folder name that w/e game and then put extracted files for that game in the game folder.

Simple and easy there tuts out there it's called the internet.

Khaine

• Archived User
Jtag With 3tb Usb Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 05:32:00 AM »

Hm...

I'm surprised FAT32Format works on a 3TB drive.

I don't have one myself, but I've heard converting games to GOD containers can help with launching them from external. Maybe it's worth a go? Just get ISO2GOD from xbins.

justagame

• Archived User
Jtag With 3tb Usb Issue
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »

Sorry... replying to an old thread here... but I too have the same problem... I finally filled up my 2TB Seagate so I popped out and got a 3TB seagate goflex USB 3.0/2.0 and formatted it to Fat32 with GUI formatter and popped a couple 360 and xbla games on there.... the drive shows up fine in FSD and XEXMENU and once I set the game paths in FSD they showed up fine in FSD... screenshots and all... but once I try to run the games I get the 'game could not start' error and i get kicked back to NXE... tried running them from both xexmenu and FSD .... same issue... i'm thinking about bringing the drive back and getting a WD 2.5TB elements usb 2.0 drive... but i dont want to keep running into the same issue and pissing off the store....  has anyone managed to get around this issue or just settled for a smaller drive?

the only thing i haven't tried is properly formatting the dive via the xbox... and using the proper folder structure... but I didn't have to do that for the 2TB drive so i cant imagine that would solve the issue....

any tips / suggestions would be greatly appreciated... thanks folks...

digipimp75

• Archived User
Jtag With 3tb Usb Issue
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »

Just a thought, but what build of dashlaunch are you running?  I had a similar issue and updated dashlaunch, which resolved it.

crazygoldfish

• Archived User
Jtag With 3tb Usb Issue
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 01:49:00 AM »

I thought 2tb is the highest a jtag will go.

hangover

• Archived User
Jtag With 3tb Usb Issue
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 04:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(crazygoldfish @ Feb 13 2012, 07:49 PM) View Post

I thought 2tb is the highest a jtag will go.

Think you are correct, i seem to recall that it is a FAT32 limitation as 2TB.

justagame

• Archived User
Jtag With 3tb Usb Issue
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 04:23:00 AM »

Confirmed... 2TB USB 2.0 External HDD works fine with just a quick format to FAT32 and setting the folders and scan settings up in FSD...  I went with Hitachi and avoided the seagate goflex w/ base adapter setup...

I guess the moral of the story is play it safe and dont be greedy... and when I burn through my next 2TB I might just have to look at deleting some stuff.... maybe tongue.gif

DaBuisneZ

• Archived User
Jtag With 3tb Usb Issue
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »

Sadly enuf ive been in the same boat for a few weeks now. After much googling i only found a few ppl trying to use 3tb hdds with jtag. Ofcourse no one had any luck. So can anyone actually explain why the drive formats fine, shows up fine, yet refuses to launch games? Even if i break it down into a 1 tb partition it stills shows yet fails to launch. So is it the enclosure or jus in the rebooter?

crazygoldfish

• Archived User
Jtag With 3tb Usb Issue
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »

It just doesn't work.

2gb is your limit.

Splitting a bigger drive won't work.