xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Jtag Kinect Update  (Read 370 times)

timmyinnis

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 2 2011, 05:10 PM) *

If that's what he's said, then he's bridged U6T1/2. The worst thing that can happen is you'll need to reflash the console. If you're worried, you can always make a backup though Xellous.

Doesn't matter which storage device, it just sets a flag in the NAND that you've agreed to the 'update'. If you build another freeboot image and flash, that flag will no longer be present and so it will ask again.

I updated it. No smoke, no rings so I guess I am good to go.

Thanks for all your help.

PS.
Be ready for some more questions from me about what to do with the newest version of the dash that is out and what I need to do. But I will try to read up on as much as possible first.

Thanks

Again

darksunx

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »

Same here. All went fine. I feel bad actually to have been such a pussy and not try in the first place.
People on IRC #freeboot assured me that it's perfectly fine to update.

Cheers guys and thanks for help!

NikkiRokki

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »

I have the same problem, is it safe just hit the ok button? My U6T1/2 aint bridged.

Takashi

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(darksunx @ Mar 2 2011, 07:47 PM) View Post

I feel bad actually to have been such a pussy

bdaybiggrin.gif

tk_saturn

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(NikkiRokki @ Mar 4 2011, 09:34 PM) *

I have the same problem, is it safe just hit the ok button? My U6T1/2 aint bridged.

Use the official update extracted to a USB stick http://download.microsoft.com/download/4/1...Update12611.zip Only the essential elements of the dashboard are stored in the NAND. The Avatar and Kinect elements along with the tutorial are only installed with the full update and gets installed to the attached storage device .

Provided you've FreeBoot 0.04 (12611), no disc in the drive and you've disconnected the Ethernet lead; yes it will be safe.

This post has been edited by tk_saturn: Mar 5 2011, 12:35 AM

NikkiRokki

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 01:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 5 2011, 01:24 AM) View Post

Use the official update extracted to a USB stick http://download.micr...Update12611.zip Only the essential elements of the dashboard are stored in the NAND. The Avatar and Kinect elements along with the tutorial are only installed with the full update and gets installed to the attached storage device .

Provided you've FreeBoot 0.04 (12611), no disc in the drive and you've disconnected the Ethernet lead; yes it will be safe.

I already have the latest update, it wont do anything if i put that folder in a root of mem stick and boot my xo.

1hotjob

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2011, 11:43:00 PM »

I was having the same problems with Kinect not working.

I D/L another EFB and noticed a disclaimer at the bottom of this screen. May not work with XP.

Used a Windows 7 PC to do everything and wrote the NAND. Still no Kinect.

Put the $Systemupdate folder in the root of HDD1 and rebooted. It found the update and I am now playing Kinect again.

I tried it dozens of times with my XP machine and once with the Windows 7.
Pages: 1 2 [3]