xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Remove Game While Running  (Read 341 times)

TimelessNL

• Archived User
Remove Game While Running
« on: October 02, 2013, 02:41:00 AM »

Dear fellow Xbox-Sceners,

I've got an question about the DVD drive and logic.
Link to Reverse engineering

It seems that the Tray_status pin detects if there is a change in the opening/closing status of the tray?
I've searched the Internet for solutions to manually eject the drive while running a game from the Harddrive and the DVD is not spinning. But haven't found any. Only people that removed the top plate to remove any game. But thats not an permanent solution.

It seems that if I send a Logic 0 on the Tray_status that it is possible to simulate a normal operation while it will be possible to manual eject the drive without the Xbox knowing?

I also want to use this Xbox for live purposes so I don't want to flash the drive in any way.

But with this modifications  I hope it would be possible to play with a friend which has an damaged Game disk and play over Lan and not Live. We both own the game but his got damaged during transport. It wont be illegal if I'm correct.

Any advise or articles I could read on the Internet that refers to my idea?

Regards,
Timeless

This post has been edited by TimelessNL: Oct 2 2013, 09:43 AM

TimelessNL

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 03:54:00 AM »

I found this link: Link

There some1 with the same idea I have. But the last post describing his fix is not quite optimal. Since there are some nasty side effects.

There are two side-effects of this method which you may not like.
1) The DVD tray ejects at super-high speed (I mean... I 'OMG'd when it ejected).
2) The DVD tray MUST be manually closed, using the dash or eject button to close it WILL NOT WORK. You MUST push the tray back in (and kinda quickly, as the drive thinks its closed the moment you start to close it, there is no 'closing' state).

There is also another topic: it seems that this guy is using the right Theory, but his instructions are just painful. There are no facts that support his findings. Link

Regards,
Timeless

This post has been edited by TimelessNL: Oct 2 2013, 11:04 AM

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 10:50:00 AM »

Would installing an Optical Disc Drive emulator like xkey or wasabi help your pursuit?

They don't work with LIve - but they let you run entire game content from a hard drive

I can't really help you in changing Logic portions of firmware.

TimelessNL

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 05:55:00 AM »

Thanks for your suggestion.
But if I use such a device then it wont be possible to go on Live with that xbox. so it defeats my purpose.

wilgo45

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(TimelessNL @ Oct 9 2013, 06:55 AM) View Post

Thanks for your suggestion.
But if I use such a device then it wont be possible to go on Live with that xbox. so it defeats my purpose.

No Xbox Live  ....  but you could still link consoles together.  And play the same game from the hard drives of each.

Most modifying work to a console will make it unfriendly to LIve.

But if you have found a way or potential way  .... good luck to you