xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sw Kinghts Of The Old Republic Ii  (Read 123 times)

Rabid1

• Archived User
Sw Kinghts Of The Old Republic Ii
« on: January 01, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »

This is going to be pretty short. I do like the game but am very dissapointed that:

1: no major innovation or changes to the game(although with as fast as it came out I am not totally surprised)

2: Why not a little basic plot change? Yes it is a few years later, but c'mon, Same ship, unconcious, don't know who you are. As far as I am in the game, I really hope they are using a very similar story line to throw a curve at me and surprise me.

The game play is basically the same, a little smoother in the fight sequences than the original. When playing the KOTOR it was hard to stop playing for awhile and then pick up where I left off and start over, but the side missions and bounties are more point to point oriented, the world seems a little more enclosed.

All in all it is pretty much as good as the first, but that is also it fault. Only the names have cn=hanged wink.gif

2.5 out of 5 stars.

SC2

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 06:43:00 PM »

True, its like a mod for a game that makes it a 1.5 game. Like the fable save fable 1.1, or halo 1.5.

But you are being a little too harsh, it is still a good game, i'd give it at least a full 3, or a 3.5 <

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(SC2 @ Jan 2 2005, 02:03 AM)
True, its like a mod for a game that makes it a 1.5 game. Like the fable save fable 1.1, or halo 1.5.

But you are being a little too harsh, it is still a good game, i'd give it at least a full 3, or a 3.5

I guess I should have added that I would recommend the game if you liked the first one. But I will revise my rating from 2.5 to 3 for being the first game in I don't know how long to actually make me laugh out loud. paraphrase"Which one do you want." "I'll take the stupid one who should have shot us when he had the chance, instead of telling us he was going to kill us."
 <

makaveli91

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 12:40:00 AM »

I dont' get it.  People go on about how great Halo was, and how awesome KOTOR 1 was, but when they make the sequal almost equal in gameplay, just different story, people crap on it.  I mean, who cares if it isn't better in some ways.  Who cares if a couple of bugs still haven't been fixed.  It should be every bit as good as the first.  I've played both halo and kotor and their sequels and i think they are great.  I don't care about the little things.. The first games were amazing, and so are the seconds.  Anyways, i'd give kotor 2 at least a 4. <

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 01:55:00 AM »

But the goal of a sequel, be it a game, movie, or book, is to be better than the original. Now what is better is subjective to most people, but an example is the PC game Diablo and Diablo II, huge improvement in the game, or the Grand Theft Auto series(although I haven't tried San Andreas yet).  If you want to go way back, the Crusader: No Remorse series. If this were a game like Mario or Crash Bandicoot I would not expect too much. I'm not crapping on KOTOR II, I like the game and would give the original 5 stars, but so far the sequel is just the same game only the names have been changed. But they got it out awfully fast and that doesn't leave a lot of time for re-work.
 <

cityson

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 07:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(makaveli91 @ Jan 4 2005, 08:00 AM)
I dont' get it.  People go on about how great Halo was, and how awesome KOTOR 1 was, but when they make the sequal almost equal in gameplay, just different story, people crap on it.  I mean, who cares if it isn't better in some ways.  Who cares if a couple of bugs still haven't been fixed.  It should be every bit as good as the first.  I've played both halo and kotor and their sequels and i think they are great.  I don't care about the little things.. The first games were amazing, and so are the seconds.  Anyways, i'd give kotor 2 at least a 4.

Are you cracked? Playing the same thing twice does NOT satisfy me. <

flavor

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(cityson @ Jan 17 2005, 02:57 PM)
Are you cracked? Playing the same thing twice does NOT satisfy me.

If it were just that, the characters also lack credibility. In Kotor1 I wanted to know everything, asked every character about anything they were willing to talk about at that point, But Kotor2 just felt differently...it did not feel like the galaxy is in danger.
 The story did not unfold convincingly, at least to me.
It had nothing new to offer, no ancient sith or ancient mysteries to uncover.

Atton did not convince me either. Maybe it was just the ugly model or something, but I prefer Carth Onasi. :>

<

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 08:46:00 PM »

I have beat it Light and Dark now, and it really just feels like filler for the next game. Not unenjoyable just more if the same. I hope that if there is another game it extends the story more than just adds a little to it. <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »

sorry while cleaning up this forum I am forced to reject these reviews that are not up to standard.  Discussion on this topic will continue in gamers chat. <