xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid Series  (Read 190 times)

wlinco10

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« on: December 24, 2004, 04:54:00 AM »

Hi all, I just finished Metal Gear Solid: Substance and I came to thinking that it was one of the best games ever, graphic wise and also in terms of the depth of the story. The first MGS game on PSX was the best game on the platform I feel and the sequel is just as engaging. Maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic and overreacting, but is there anyone out there that agrees with me?

nemt

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »

Okay, by saying you liked Metal Gear Solid 2, you've lost all credibility you will ever have when it comes to videogames....ever.  Never give your opinion again.

lebriznon

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 10:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(nemt @ Dec 24 2004, 10:15 AM)
Okay, by saying you liked Metal Gear Solid 2, you've lost all credibility you will ever have when it comes to videogames....ever.  Never give your opinion again.

sorry, but i agree.  MGS series the best?  :lol:

themadman123

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

I could never get into the metal  gear series.....I HATE with a passion, those stupid stealth games, If you give me a gun, I'm going to use it, on anyone I feel like at anytime I feel like.

beast96

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »

i agree^^^

wlinco10

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »

Well I'm not going to reply with insults such as "you've lost all credibility" etc. because I believe everyone is entitled to exactly what you said, an "opinion". I personally found the game fun as I am a big fan of stealth games, including the Splinter Cell series. And the fact that MGS:Substance/Sons Of Liberty sold over 14 million copies worldwide, means that a lot of people in the gaming world, some of whom would have more gaming knowledge and experience as you, must have no credibility whatsoever and shouldn't be allowed to express their, here comes the magic word again, "opinion".

mrright01

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(themadman123 @ Dec 24 2004, 07:39 PM)
I could never get into the metal  gear series.....I HATE with a passion, those stupid stealth games, If you give me a gun, I'm going to use it, on anyone I feel like at anytime I feel like.

i agree, i loved MGS on ps1, and i even played 80+% of the vr missions, that game was one of the best ever! people were somewhat easy to kill, and the "stealth" parts were doable. MGS2 on xbox/ps2 is too stealthy, basically if you get seen the games over, that sucks. i quit playing after a few hours and haven't played it since, i'm going to rent snake eater before i even think about buying it.

it's sad, developers have no idea what i/we want. it's either a "shoot 'em up" game like halo, or a "be seen and die" game like splinter cell. i just want something like MGS or the old goldeneye, where it's 1/2 and 1/2, doable and fun.

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »

I won't say "The Best". Its a good game.

If you liked that, then you should try Riddick.

This post has been edited by MoeMan949222: Dec 25 2004, 02:41 AM

dietrite

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(MoeMan949222 @ Dec 24 2004, 06:40 PM)
I won't say "The Best". Its a good game.
If you liked that, then you should try Riddick.

Riddick! Now that's a gem. I personally didn't get too much into the MGS series and later on matured as a gamer playing FPS's, I just don't like the way the Japanese do those types of games.

wlinco10

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2004, 03:47:00 AM »

I decided that my call about the MGS series being the best games ever may have been a bit large, but I still rate it as one of my favourite games of all time. I like different games for different reasons, and I love the cinematic flair that MGS offers. I realised that I have multiple answers for my favourite games of all time, such as the Final Fantasy series (which I wish was on Xbox), Halo, Rallisport Challenge 2, Grand Theft Auto etc. They all offer something unique, which is why I find gaming so engaging and fun. Merry Christmas to everyone!

shavedrat

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »

Good game, but when there is only 3 hours of gameplay the first time through....

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2004, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(wlinco10 @ Dec 25 2004, 12:48 AM)
And the fact that MGS:Substance/Sons Of Liberty sold over 14 million copies worldwide, means that a lot of people in the gaming world, some of whom would have more gaming knowledge and experience as you

Yeah it sold so much because people didnt know how much of a let down it was. MGS for PS was amazing (top 10 games of all time). MGS:S was crap (not even top 100 games). People bought it (me included) thinking it would be great like the first.

seb

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

nopeeee...sorry the greatest series of all time is Final Fantasy

themadman123

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »

sorry the greatest series of all time is Final Fantasy

Ugh....I'm so sick of hearing that...Get your own opinon and stop going along with the crowd.

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid Series
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(seb @ Dec 25 2004, 04:33 PM)
nopeeee...sorry the greatest series of all time is Final Fantasy

I can't comment.....I nevered played one of them....