xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nfsu2 Song  (Read 129 times)

tagler

• Archived User
Nfsu2 Song
« on: December 06, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »

i was just wondering if there was any way to get the songs that are in the soundtrack for NFSU2 off the cd and put into MP3s on my computer.  I looked but coulnd't find anything about doing this.  

i backed up the game to my hard drive, but after looking though the files i can't seem to find the audio trax files in a format i can use

thanks

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Nfsu2 Song
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »

Might as well edit you topic, because its about to get trashed.

What your asking is against the law, if you wanted the songs you need to buy the CDs.

tagler

• Archived User
Nfsu2 Song
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 08:23:00 PM »

if i own the game how is that not backing up the music, and why would that be illegal

if backing up the game to the hard drive is fine, then why wouldn't be backing up the music in mp3s be different

This post has been edited by tagler: Dec 7 2004, 04:24 AM

HDuffStalker

• Archived User
Nfsu2 Song
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (tagler @ Dec 6 2004, 09:55 PM)
if i own the game how is that not backing up the music, and why would that be illegal

if backing up the game to the hard drive is fine, then why wouldn't be backing up the music in mp3s be different

i'm not sure if it will work for xbox games but the ps1 games (FF7 and vigalante 8 for a fact) you can listen to the music if you put it into a cd player and skipped past track one adn hear the midi tracks, but times have changed so you gotta try to know....

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Nfsu2 Song
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 01:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (tagler @ Dec 7 2004, 04:55 AM)

Its different because the music company only wanted the songs to be used in the game. In order to get publicity and make you buy the CD(s). Same way it would be illegal to take all the music off a DVD, if you want it you need to buy the soundtrack.

Not to mention i think its against the law to take apart a game you bought (i could be wrong on this one.

HamSandwhich

• Archived User
Nfsu2 Song
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 05:31:00 PM »

i know that one of the songs isnt even released so how could he buy the cd? is that illegal? btw if anyone has the mudvayne song off of that gamepls pm me

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
Nfsu2 Song
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (HamSandwhich @ Dec 8 2004, 02:03 AM)
i know that one of the songs isnt even released so how could he buy the cd? is that illegal? btw if anyone has the mudvayne song off of that gamepls pm me

The unreleased song is likely going to be on a future CD. Infact most songs are released on the net/radio long before they are avalible. It doesnt mean you can just pirate them.

Its Illegal, get over it.

And asking for MP3s is defintly illegal.

This post has been edited by Hercules Q Einstein: Dec 8 2004, 01:46 AM

djoye

• Archived User
Nfsu2 Song
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »

Well there was a program to rip the NFSU1 music from the Xbox and PC versions but I don't think anyone's made a ripper compatible with NFSU2 yet.

If you bought the game then you have every right to duplicate or modify its content for your own personal use.  If you didn't buy the game, well I don't care either way.