xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 20gb Fujitsu, Can't Restore  (Read 102 times)

canyonnehastings

• Archived User
20gb Fujitsu, Can't Restore
« on: April 28, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(dcapper1 @ Apr 28 2012, 12:47 PM) View Post

I have an old 20GB Fujitsu 360 drive that I converted to FAT32 to use with my media player and put a 320GB drive in my 360. Now my Netbook drive died and I want to use my 320GB in it. I went to restore the Fujitsu since I don't store much data on my 360 anyways, but I can't. I don't have a backup of it. I tried cloning it from my other 20GB drive but its a Seagate so it won't work. I tried the WinHex NHPA trick and nothing. My xbox will not see it. Xplorer360 sees it, but that's it. Anyone have a factory Fujitsu image or any other ideas to get my 360 to see the drive just so I can format it in the dashboard?

I had an random 80gb drive formatted with one partition as ntfs and the other was 16gb of USB xbox storage (formatted in the latest dashboard that supports usb devices) and then i popped that drive into a hard drive case and put it on my jtag (different xbox with an older dashboard). And using the normal dashboard I was able to format the whole thing for 360 storage. I don't know if you could reproduce what I did, but maybe it's worth a try. I don't know if the xbox being a jtag mattered in this case since I used the stock dashboard to format it.

canyonnehastings

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(dcapper1 @ Apr 28 2012, 01:18 PM) View Post

I have a jtagged box I never use, I supposed I can use that. But I was reading more into it, without my original bin I am kinda hooped. Although I have the 320GB WD with all the info from the 360 unit I am using. I wonder if I can pull the info from that to put on my 20GB?

I really don't have too much experience with this but maybe you can try a drive cloning program like Norton Ghost.

Or I believe Xplorer360 has a backup/restore feature. As long as your 320gb has less than maybe....12gb of data on it, you might be able to back it up and restore it to the 20gb. Just an idea, like I said, I don't have any experience really.

Good luck though!

canyonnehastings

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(dcapper1 @ Apr 28 2012, 01:44 PM) View Post

I did try that but Xplorer hung up at the end of the load. I don't need any of the data on either drive. I just need any 360 to see it so I can format it.

Yeah I understand. There are other programs like it too like Modio you can try. Try a full format of NTFS or FAT32 on the 20gb first. Not just a quick format, at lease one full pass over with a low level formatting tool. Maybe the 360 will see it then, but it's a long shot. I've had that fix hard drive detection problems for me in various other devices in the past.

Antman1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »

the 20gb will only work on JTAG Consoles from here on out.  the only way you can make it work again on a stock Xbox360 is to have a backup of the HDD Security Sector for your drive that matches not only the drive model but also the serial number.  It can be restored to work in a stock console because I have done exactly what you have done but you have to have at least the hdd Security Sector backed up.

dcapper1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »

Thank you for the help. Back in the media player it goes. New problem. I converted a 320GB for my xbox and my drive died in my netbook, so I went to put it back to a pc drive but loaded the wrong undo.bin file. Now hddhackr sees a blank drive but can't restore it. I guess its a dead drive now.