xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replacing A Disc Drive Without Access To The Old Disc Drive?  (Read 30 times)

iateshaggy

• Archived User
Replacing A Disc Drive Without Access To The Old Disc Drive?
« on: December 24, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »

what is wrong with the old pcb?  recovering the key from it is the only way you will ever play a game on that console again.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »

If you still have your PCB I could recover your key for you.  There are only 2 ways to recover key

You have to desolder a chip from the PCB and read it in a programmer

You can do Reset glitch hack, which works on all phat xbox 360s but the first no hdmi xenonx, which you might have since you said you had a samsung drive.

If you still have your PCB and you never overwrote the firmware you could send it to me and I could get it off there for you.  Even if you snapped the PCB or did some kind of damage to it, as long as the chip with the epoxy around it is still there, then you should be good.

derrradam

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(iateshaggy @ Dec 24 2011, 07:10 PM) View Post

i'd put money on he has a xenon and can't rgh.  besides, if u can't do a simple flash, rgh is completely out of the question for him.

Im attempting a similar fix except my old xeon mobo died so I purchased a working falcon. From what I've gathered you need to find the DVD key to the MOBO and put that DVD key onto your Samsung Drive (Marry the two) Try Jungle flash to get the dvd key to the motherboard then put that dvd key onto your Dvd drive (via sata cable)

iateshaggy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 03:25:00 PM »

u have to rgh the mobo to get the key.  whoever sold u a mobo and no dvd key/osig ripped u off basically.