xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Halo 2 Cinematic Trailer.  (Read 1109 times)

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
Halo 2 Cinematic Trailer.
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

Yea i noticed that too. I have no clue were this is all going.

Infamous_One

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2004, 10:04:00 PM »

blink.gif

nagmine

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2004, 02:27:00 AM »

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY
black beach, nothing but sand and darkness.  Sometimes, in the distance, dry lightning:  in the flash I see pieces of the wreck around me, the spars and rigging of my brain

-hold on.  hold on.  Steady up.  Get a grip, girl.  You have to fight through this.

Take a deep breath. 

Survival Key #3:  How Badly Are You Hurt?

Mentally, subject is confused and disoriented. 

I keep slipping in and out of consciousness.

Physically, subject is paralyzed but moving.

Okay.

What the hell does THAT mean?

Held down:  yes.  As if strapped to a table.  Could I be in traction in some sick bay, some hospital ward? 

Not necessarily one of ours.

But at the same time, parts of me being moved around, emptied out.  As if under general anaesthetic, dimly conscious, half-aware as the surgeon cuts off my feet and sews them onto my shoulders.  She opens my head with a medical hammer and sand spills out.

I WANT TO DIE I WANT TO-

-no.

never that.

survive evade reveal escape.  That is all you know, or need to know.

all i can say is..... what the hell?

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2004, 02:38:00 AM »

QUOTE (nagmine @ Jul 25 2004, 06:00 AM)
this was on the links page?

all i can say is..... what the hell?

You know what, that really reminds me of the first E3 single plyr 8 min trailor they released and as of some ppl narrowed this quote down to "SYSTEM PERIL DISTRIBUTED REFLEX"

SPDR= Single Player Demo Release

Sometimes I think that something big is going to happen on 8/24, but i think about it again and just say its some plain joke. Time= The Tru7h  cool.gif

Morbidsoul

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »

Here are a bunch more...

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

length:       120 meters
crew:        40
cover:      pleasure yacht
hair color:      brown

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

Those are pearls that were her eyes:
Nothing of her that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange

Eight legs (I feel them walking on me) and how many voices-three? Five? Eight?-I am become a most delicate monster indeed.

What a brave new world-sand and darkness, sand and loneliness, sand and emptiness, sand and the spider-what a brave new world, that hath such monsters in it

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

FIELD EXPEDIENT DIRECTION FINDING

"Find a straight stick about a meter long and stand it upright on fairly level upright ground. Mark the tip of the shadow cast by the stick: wait 15 minutes: mark the shadow again. Draw a line from the first mark through the second and some way beyond. Stand with your left foot on the first mark and your right on the end of the line. In the northern hemisphere, you will now be facing north, and can recall the other directions by their relationship to north. In the south, contrariwise."

Hm.

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY
Of course the crew won't come for me if they're all dead. If they're all dead and I alone am left to tell the tale.

I'm crying, and my tears are made of sand.

No stick.
No sun

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY
Gap in the clouds: head suddenly much clearer.

The spider is working on me.

I must be in very bad shape.

MAYDAY MAYDAY
All lost!  To prayers, to prayers!  All lost!

What, must our mouths be cold?

Arachne hung herself, you know. Take a hint already

MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY

"At night in the Earth's southern hemisphere, run an imaginary line along the axis of the Southern Cross to extend out about five times the length of that axis. Any landmark directly under that imaginary point will be in the general direction of south."

Any landmark.

Sandmark.

anything

anything

nothing

Seek the truth

Behold the truth

Reveal the truth

That is the law and the whole of the law

and finally this is hidden in white text at the bottom of the main page

site aesthetic by aunt margaret

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

That is the most beautiful marketing scheme I have ever seen.

So it is. August 24th.

I might see why Halo 2 is not being released on November 9th, simply because if it is actually done, then they have no actual reason to keep us from it.

powercntrl

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

rolleyes.gif

Mark my words - they're not going to release Halo 2 early.  Their launch date makes perfect sense, does "holiday shopping season" mean anything to you?  If they do release anything, it will probably be more videos.  I don't know about you, but I've had enough chips and salsa, I'm waiting for the whole enchilada.

nagmine

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »

ohmy.gif .

all i can say is there is some major internet nerds at these game companys tongue.gif

MrBones

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2004, 01:47:00 PM »

Somebody on HBO pointed out that http://thefridgeowl.com shows the same thing, only the first two numbers are different.

Ice9Tech

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

http://thefridgeowl.com

Title of the website:
Neue Internetpräsenz

Translation (http://world.altavista.com/babelfish):
New InterNet operational readiness level

illypso

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »

jester.gif ,
or maybe it's the master chief that is sending us this message from another planet, asking help, and the cundown is for the end of the universe.

If we make select all copy and paste the messages come back 4 time,

and if we save the entire page we get something interesting,
the script of this thing is call   countdowntochina.js

it talk by itself

Ice9Tech

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »

Maybe this is even a test by Bungie to see how many people pay attention to internet links in the media, and to see how far they will go to investigate it?

Also, illypso, I really fail to see the humor in your post... Maybe it would have a hint of comedy if you used more proper grammar/spelling, and refrained from using "LOLL" and thinking the "cundown" is something fake sent by a real Master Chief...

Edit: Although your discovery on "cowntdowntochina.js" is a great discovery.

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2004, 06:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (MrBones @ Jul 25 2004, 05:20 PM)
Somebody on HBO pointed out that http://thefridgeowl.com shows the same thing, only the first two numbers are different.

I bet you somebody made that website just to mess with everybody, just like the shirt that had a bee infront of it and halo 2 in the back side. Anybody recall it?

illypso

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »

Also, illypso, I really fail to see the humor in your post... Maybe it would have a hint of comedy if you used more proper grammar/spelling, and refrained from using "LOLL" and thinking the "cundown" is something fake sent by a real Master Chief...

just calm down man. I just felt like it was empty just sending the info i found so i add a litle joke, if you dont like joke then dont read it. And for the spelling i'm from quebec and i speek french.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »

I've thought a little about this and we can safely conclude that this was not a third party act as has been suspected by a few of us... the fact that it shows up in both resolutions in the trailer gives that right away. Also, the most valid point made by why halo2 is not going to be released earlier than november 9th was that it's right in the holiday season and it's nearly perfect. That is a really valid point and I think that it is correct. While trying to think of reasons why that is correct I also thought of a few reasons why they would go against that.

First of all we all know that the biggest shopping day of the year in the United States is November 26... the day after Thanksgiving. It would make just as much sense to postpone the release to that day so that all the anxious mothers would pick up that newly realesed and freshly-hyped title for their beloved xbox owner for Christmas instead of the other titles merely because the day things come out they get all the publicity.

Also, most people I know first bought their xbox console because of the game halo. That really helped launch the console. Wouldn't it make sense to have a halo title launch with Xenon? Assuming that's part of the plan, then they could either postpone halo2 and spend the time finalizing the game and porting it to Xenon or they could finish it for xbox and take their 6 month break again and start development of halo 3 or whatever series they branch off into or something. At any rate I personally love the teasers and stuff like that... it makes it so much fun.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10