xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: xK3y starts shipping  (Read 247 times)

Spark

• Archived User
xK3y starts shipping
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Darkflame @ Sep 30 2011, 11:24 PM) View Post

I'm interested to see how well the xk3y plays out. I've been getting pissed with all the delays too so i figured i'd jump on the wasabi band wagon but then i'm reading that it will only support esata unless you buy a esata->usb dongle. Man that's just whack.

I preordered a xk3y. Just got my tracking confirmation that it shipped today so hopefully by monday or tuesday i'll be back the box. smile.gif

I was also considering a Wasabi because they are reasonably well established but then I saw the way their device bullshits the mixed mode disc system and now I don't want it anywhere near my console. I will probably just pick up a clone xkey for $15 later down the line I think to play around with, I don't think these devices are going to stand the test of time.

Darkflame

• Archived User
xK3y starts shipping
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spark @ Sep 30 2011, 10:35 PM) View Post

I was also considering a Wasabi because they are reasonably well established but then I saw the way their device bullshits the mixed mode disc system and now I don't want it anywhere near my console. I will probably just pick up a clone xkey for $15 later down the line I think to play around with, I don't think these devices are going to stand the test of time.

Really? I was thinking emulators would be the future after what i read about xgd3. I've been reading reports that LT 2 has XGD3 booting but MS can up the ante again by squeezing in yet more data to push beyond the limits of normal dvd-rws. I think xk3y might be the future until glitching takes off but even then, who knows c4 might rip it up and start migrating to emulator firmwares lol.

Darkflame

• Archived User
xK3y starts shipping
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Darkflame @ Sep 30 2011, 11:13 PM) View Post

Really? I was thinking emulators would be the future after what i read about xgd3. I've been reading reports that LT 2 has XGD3 booting but MS can up the ante again by squeezing in yet more data to push beyond the limits of normal dvd-rws. I think xk3y might be the future until glitching takes off but even then, who knows c4 might rip it up and start migrating to emulator firmwares lol.

XGD3 not live safe.
Seems I was right lol.

Neptune

• Archived User
xK3y starts shipping
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spark @ Sep 30 2011, 02:35 PM) View Post

Clones will never be that cheap. The CPU is pretty expensive to accomplish what is done.

These devices, which should have been out YEARS ago, will replace CFW.

If you are looking for "live safe" do the following:

1) Get new XBOX 360
2) Buy games

Otherwise, there is NO live safety.

distrox11

• Archived User
xK3y starts shipping
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Neptune @ Oct 2 2011, 09:40 PM) View Post

If you are looking for "live safe" do the following:

1) Get new XBOX 360
2) Buy games

Otherwise, there is NO live safety.

ya dont u love when ppl expect to be 100% safe on live?  if u care so much about live, buy a 2nd console tongue.gif
Pages: 1 [2]