xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Video  (Read 9 times)

lastwish

• Archived User
No Video
« on: August 20, 2011, 02:48:00 AM »

So when I turn on the xbox the game started playing but the colors were messed up and then I turned it off and tried again and nothing happend so now the tv won't switch over everything runs through its normal paces but no change onm the screen. I did try it on 3 different tvs I have. I couldn't try different cables because none of my friends live close enough but On one tv I have a switching box for multiple plug in and the screen stays on the tv. On the other I use a vcr and the screen just stays blue and on the other tv I did both av and hd on the av the screen starts of black and when I turned the xbox on it got a bunch of dots kinda like snow and then I turned the xbox off and switched it to hd the screen starts of kinda gray and when I turned the xbox on the screen had a bunch of lines like this. Actual image of my screen. (IMG:http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/lastwish91/20110820001123.jpg) any help is apreciated thank you in advance

Aldanga

• Archived User
No Video
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 03:01:00 AM »

You've likely got cold solder joints under your GPU. It's basically a half-way RRoD. Your console needs to be repaired.

lastwish

• Archived User
No Video
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 03:11:00 AM »

Is it possible to fix it at home or do I have to take it to somebody

Aldanga

• Archived User
No Video
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 03:16:00 AM »

There are home "fixes", but they aren't reliable over the long term. Your best bet would be to have someone who does reflows/reballs repair it. You're looking at around $60-80 for a reball, depending on the person who repairs it.

Depending on how attached you are to the console and the market at the time, it could be cheaper to pick up a Jasper on eBay than to get it repaired. I myself have picked up several Jaspers for around $60 on eBay.

This post has been edited by Aldanga: Aug 20 2011, 10:18 AM

lastwish

• Archived User
No Video
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »

Not to attached to it. And I looked on ebay for jasper and found them. But at curiosity what does jasper mean

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
No Video
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 01:36:00 AM »

Jasper is a revision of the XBOX 360 motherboard.
Xenon was the first for example and the Jasper was the latest Phat XBOX 360 motherboard code name.