xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Hardware Specs.  (Read 101 times)

Spamwich

• Archived User
360 Hardware Specs.
« on: February 02, 2020, 08:12:00 PM »

I see everywhere that the 360 has 512mb ram, but a few sources say that some have 256mb, and another that states 4GB.

Now, i am looking into getting a jtag console. I assume I want a Jasper with 512MB(unless there is that rumored 4GB)

I assume the Jasper is much faster than falcon/opus/xenon and that also 512mb is faster than 256mb

anyone with a bit of advice here? This will be used mostly for emulators and streaming HD videos over a LAN.

Aldanga

• Archived User
360 Hardware Specs.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 01:27:00 AM »

You're confusing RAM and internal storage. The 360 has 512MB GDDR3 RAM. This is constant across all models. Some models have internal memory apart from the system RAM. These models have 256, 512 or 4GB of memory. The first two are Jaspers, and the last is Vejle—the new S model.

Jaspers are the most reliable of exploitable consoles, but it doesn't matter what size internal memory you get. All of the revisions will perform pretty much the same.

Spamwich

• Archived User
360 Hardware Specs.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 03:44:00 AM »

Great response! I see where my confusion came from. Now, what would I possibly use the internal storage for? Would it make much of a difference when there is a HDD or USB drive attached?

Aldanga

• Archived User
360 Hardware Specs.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:59:00 AM »

It was originally available so that the arcade units didn't have to include memory cards. It likely provided a cheaper way for Microsoft to sell the consoles while still providing storage space. It functions the same as a small memory card or USB drive. The console will always see it as long as it is formatted, but there is no great advantage to having it besides a permanent location for a few files or programs.