xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: EurAsia interview with the xKey developer  (Read 1334 times)

juggahax0r

• Archived User
EurAsia interview with the xKey developer
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »

I'm going to throw my opinion around a little bit for a minute here.

1. Stop referring to individuals with flashed drives as hackers , it's offensive to actual hackers , they are called pirates if anything.

2. This is in no way shape or form anything close to or around the same arena as an SMC/Jtag mod , yes one feature of having a rebooter running on your Jtag modded system is running games without a physical disc , but has nothing to do with what the hack actually does; it allows unsigned code execution , homebrew software, Linux etc... the good stuff.

3. I don't think these guys are trying to mislead anyone , and they have a good track record with other products , they don't claim to have Live safety yet it says so in the post. The graph is simply pointing out how well their system can emulate the timing for the drive, and rightfully so it has an ARM CPU and Linux on it.

4. Despite the rhetoric , and assurance from "the other guys" , they are shaking in their boots from this product. If it can do what it says it can do , with some more revisions and a price drop , it could become cheap enough that people won't even bother with the other products , especially if it is safe for Live , no more re-burning Ap2.5 games , just patch the ISO on your HDD , no more burning period , only ripping.

That's my rant for the day Happy Independence Day to other Americans in here.
Jugga.

Edit: One more thing , I don't think they will be able to block this in the same way they were able to Datel devices I could be wrong , but the emulator would have to be putting some sign that it was there , and wasn't really a DVD drive , the fact that it can boot games proves it thinks it is a genuine drive because we see what happens when you spoof drives now , or put the wrong revision in. With the Datel devices they were selling a legit product to the public at large and I am sure there device registered to the Xbox 360 as being a Datel device not a genuine MS product this is how they blacklisted it , with this it emulating the real drive trying to duplicate it in every way not register it as a new but still legit device.

Dale7

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »

Here is what the man himself says on all this:

http://c4evaspeaks.com/page/2/

[2011-06-15 06:42AM UTC] #c4e <lorca> c4, changing mt chip is safe for online game?
 [2011-06-15 06:42AM UTC] #c4e <theJ3STeR> You watch the New x360Key Vid c4?
 [2011-06-15 06:43AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> lorca:yes
 [2011-06-15 06:44AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> jester:yes, wont take MS long to make xkey a good door stop
 [2011-06-15 06:45AM UTC] #c4e <DiZaster> c4eva, new added tweaks on all 3 slims or one in particular? and is this tweak done ?
 [2011-06-15 06:45AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> diz:yes and yes
 [2011-06-15 06:47AM UTC] #c4e <soon> c4eva, why you are sure that xkex won’t be save on live?
 [2011-06-15 06:47AM UTC] #c4e <soon> sorry mean xkey
 [2011-06-15 06:48AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> soon:by its very nature the emulator is just that, an emulator, and can be detected very easily
 [2011-06-15 06:48AM UTC] #c4e <soon> with a new dash update it’s maybe also possible for m4 to detect your fw
 [2011-06-15 06:49AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> soon:soon:as fw is orig hardware,much harder to detect
 [2011-06-15 06:50AM UTC] #c4e <Newb> ms can detect the diffrences between emulator and real and we dont know if they can detect fw
 [2011-06-15 06:50AM UTC] #c4e <[Athos]> the question is rather, would it be possible (in theory) to make an emulator that is not detectable?
 [2011-06-15 06:52AM UTC] #c4e <c4eva> the problem you will have is MS will not just ban but stop the game from booting offline, so it will be useless

Juvenal1228

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »

I hate to say it, but i think c4 is wrong on this one.

Sure, emulated hardware can sometimes be detected, but in those cases its usually due to poor design or general poor reconstruction of all aspects of the original device.

The biggest thing i see as a plus with this device is the original OEM hardware and stock FW is still available.

So, in theory if the device receives a check it doesnt know how to answer, or simply has never seen before, if it is well coded it could relay the check to the original drive and proxy the answer. (only with checks not relating to a specific disc, such as fw checksums and ram checks and crap.)

Also, an emulator, by nature, emulates the behavior of its target device, in this case an xbox dvd drive.
Its up to the designers to take everything into account and make the device properly look like the original drive.
So, only time will tell whether this device works well or not.

C4, i think you have a rather bias opinion on this product and have jumped the gun on its conviction.

Just my 0.02$.

Also, hate to say it, but those who think any current FW mod or the likes are 'live-safe' are fooling yourselves.

If you have taken anything from the last 5 years of xbox modding you would know that this cycle has repeated many times.

*new mod
*Its safe on live!
*6 months elapse
*ban
*angry people troll the forums and irc because they have nothing better to do now that they cant play live
*see bullet one

ModchipCentral.com

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(kerry @ Jul 4 2011, 03:57 AM) View Post

wow.....it would be cool to play games from an USB device without any firmware changes...i would buy one for 99$ at max though....

It's $104.95 lots of places.  Not that far off wink.gif

DARKFiB3R

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Juvenal1228 @ Jul 4 2011, 08:07 PM) View Post

If you have taken anything from the last 5 years of xbox modding you would know that this cycle has repeated many times.

*new mod
*Its safe on live!
*6 months elapse
*ban
*angry people troll the forums and irc because they have nothing better to do now that they cant play live
*see bullet one

Sorry, when was the last ban wave again?

Your view of this "cycle" seems a little... Fucked.

Grumbledock

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2011, 01:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(kiltear @ Jul 4 2011, 07:34 PM) View Post

Well, the point I'm making is that there are so many ban consoles on the street that someone like my older aunts or uncles could have bought one of those ban console without knowing it was banned. Not everyone is tech savy like me. In my household of my 2 parents and 4 brothers/sisters, I'm the only tech savy that knows if an xbox is banned or not. They wouldn't know. All they know it was cheap on craiglist and to buy it. My point is that if MS banned a wave of consoles, then there is a possiblility that an innocent people like my uncle would have accidentally picked up a banned console. And I know he wouldn't buy a second one if he already bought the ban console. He will probably contact someone from craiglist or local gamer guy to help him with the ban console.

And for the people that intent to buy a ban console and don't want to be on Live, then MS is not making money from those people anyway.

My second point is that MS will probably think twice before they ban again. They will probably compare the positive vs the negative. Do they get anything out of banning the consoles or is it more benefit to leave it as is and make it harder for the hackers to get online like doing the dashboard updates, ap25 check, and the new disk format XGD3?

1. The guy your uncle/aunt bought the console from will buy a new one, for every banned console on the second hand market a new one is more or less bound to be sold to the person that was banned, and the guy who buys a banned console will eventually want to get "on live" to (haha) and hence might end buying a new console, and Ms has sold 2 consoes not only one.

2. MS makes most of their money from Live fees and game-licenses, hence a banned consoles indeed is a "bad" console. No live fee, lower chance of buying games, and hece Ms will do anything in their power to stop people from having a "free ride" on their system,not to mention game developers might get scared and stop prioritating 360 version of games if flashed consoles got out of hand.

3. MS is a big company and can't be "scared" by some cheap pirates and the like, they got to show who's in command and banning a few hundred thousands consoles now and then sends a clear message to anyone and everyone. MS bans when they can, since they'll always make a good profit from it, and no matter how many consoles/accounts/money spent on games, the only way to be safe from a ban is to have a regular stock 360 with stock firmware, simple as that.

OnT:
Seems to me like C4 is afraid people will move on, he hinted a way back of his/their own "better and cheaper product" but now it seems that it's gone by the wind, maybe this one was just to tough to copy?
Nothing is ever "live safe" and sorry to say, but the firmwares do have a good track record of giving a nice ban after a few months, especially the later ones.
Heck, most people would probably rather take their chances with this device, since you can easily migrate it to a new consoles, it offers really, really good new features and can probably be made even harder to detect then just a firmware. Jelaous, or just afraif to loose profit and/or fame (3rd party products for flashing and such)

angrykid

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »

here's the deal...... the xkey has to communicate with the 360 somehow... all ms has to do is close that communication channel and its over..... bye bye emulator

Brooshop

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »

bring on the cheap chinese clones because they are overpricing smile.gif

angrykid

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »

not the literal hardware communication channel  sleeping.gif

dank4life

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(carranzafp @ Jul 5 2011, 11:28 AM) View Post

xkey responds exactly as a dvd drive, there could be ofcourse software bugs that can be fixed, once its finished the emulation will be 1:1, there is NOTHING the console can do to detect it, all the console can do is send ata/atapi commands and if xkey responds like the drive (being 1:1) the console will not detect it.

Ofcourse if the console start checking the response times on the drives, that will be critical, thats why they dont reply "too fast", they calibrate the response to be same time as a stock drive.  By other side I dont know rootkit code but I understand the concept, it is impossible (by doing calculations) the custom firmware (whatever) respond in exact same time as stock firmware (cfw will always take more to do calculus).

By other side, if c4e hardcode the responses yes the answer will be very fast (and might need now calibrate too to do in same time as stock) but the problem is the hardcoded values are different in each ROM revision and they might change from dash to dash.  Having now lots of ROM revisions being rolled out (0225,0401,1071 and more) the amount of work grows exponential !!.  It possible can be done with custom fw but the effort to keep it running is too much

Amen brother!
The truth shall set you free!!!

VivaLaMikey

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(col12 @ Jul 5 2011, 01:04 PM) View Post

when every body got banned in nov09 every one went and bought a new Xbox and mw2 to keep them busy while c4eva was working on LT then LT +

Damn straight i did exactly that.

And for my opinion everyone hassling this product is a bit of a tight arse by the sounds of it.
The price of this device where I'm from is the same price as a new Modern Warfare 2 disc and so what if M$ detect it and render it useless who gives a f**k, it would be similar to a dog chewing up your original Black-Ops, MW2, WAW or any other shitty COD game, you'll have a cry and move on, at least that way your not getting banned.

Remember they didn't ban people for using unlicensed DATEL products so I'm pretty sure they wont ban us from using this unlicensed product.
(FOR THE TROLLS yes i am aware that the 2 scenarios are in fact of different consistency but in the end that's exactly what it is)

And i realize some people don't agree with me but i could honestly not give a f**k, that's what freedom of speech is about and this is just my opinion so trolls... Jog on

ddxcb

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2011, 03:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(VivaLaMikey @ Jul 5 2011, 01:02 PM) View Post

Damn straight i did exactly that.

And for my opinion everyone hassling this product is a bit of a tight arse by the sounds of it.
The price of this device where I'm from is the same price as a new Modern Warfare 2 disc and so what if M$ detect it and render it useless who gives a f**k, it would be similar to a dog chewing up your original Black-Ops, MW2, WAW or any other shitty COD game, you'll have a cry and move on, at least that way your not getting banned.

Remember they didn't ban people for using unlicensed DATEL products so I'm pretty sure they wont ban us from using this unlicensed product.
(FOR THE TROLLS yes i am aware that the 2 scenarios are in fact of different consistency but in the end that's exactly what it is)

And i realize some people don't agree with me but i could honestly not give a f**k, that's what freedom of speech is about and this is just my opinion so trolls... Jog on

Datel is a external memory unit that did not involved any modding.

DVD-ROM's do involved modding and open a non real warranty sticker.

U can do modding, but not when you got a T.O.A with MS and violate there T.O.C. or C.O.C. for live.

col12

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »

a  xbox360 xbl safe emulater would put xecuter out of bussines no need for those over priced tools they sell
ive only had 2 xboxs banned but gut swapped them both ive been backing my games up for 5 year c4 is the banksy of the xboxscene

Darkflame

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(AlkaliV2 @ Jul 4 2011, 11:36 AM) View Post

Here's a question I don't believe they've covered yet.  How are they going to handle multi-disc game switching?  I know with some games it's possible to quit the game and boot up with the next disc but it's not as effective as the plugins offered with a JTAG.  And for the price which you're paying to play on Live, is comparable to a Xenon/Falcon JTAG.

Easy. The loader will probably have a LCD screen that says ISO: <whatever> you scroll to your ISO press enter enter key and then you'll get a ISO: <Whatever> Loaded.....in a scrolling marquee type of lcd.

Then just close the tray and the xbox will recognize the tray as closed in which case the xbox will start communicating with the Xkey. When it's time to switch discs press eject. The xbox will send the eject command which the xkey will interpret as eject the tray followed by unmount the iso. Next you just do the same thing again and when you get "loded......" just close the tray like normal.

It'll be seamless in the fact that for all purposes you'll use the xbox just as you normally would. except that instead of a disc in the tray you'll have the "ISO" in the tray.

Tr00p3r

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(col12 @ Jul 5 2011, 04:44 PM) View Post

a  xbox360 xbl safe emulater would put xecuter out of bussines no need for those over priced tools they sell
ive only had 2 xboxs banned but gut swapped them both ive been backing my games up for 5 year c4 is the banksy of the xboxscene

\
You are why they ban. why boast about gut swapping here? You are a parasite.  sleeping.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6