xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: xKey Hardware Unveiled, Spring Update, And More!  (Read 1202 times)

kneehighspy

• Archived User
xKey Hardware Unveiled, Spring Update, And More!
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(ModchipCentral.com @ Jun 16 2011, 07:49 PM) View Post

Add shipping and its the same price everwhere else.  Everewhere else is about $119 with free shipping smile.gif

which is the reason i went ahead and pre-ordered mine from ModchipCentral.com smile.gif

mat1c

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »

funny, this comes out and now tx can magically source parts for their pcb's cheap. dropping the price to 59.95. coincidence?

Ninjaman

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »

I remember seeing the first video of the x360 key....it had the motherboard beside the xbox360 and it was pretty big.

Have there been any pics of the x360key installed in the xbox360.  Just wondering because in the latest video I don't see the x360key motherboard...I presume its inside the xbox360?  

Just want to see how it is being installed. The innards of the xbox360 is tight enough as it is.

michalss

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2011, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ninjaman @ Jun 17 2011, 08:57 AM) View Post

I remember seeing the first video of the x360 key....it had the motherboard beside the xbox360 and it was pretty big.

Have there been any pics of the x360key installed in the xbox360.  Just wondering because in the latest video I don't see the x360key motherboard...I presume its inside the xbox360?  

Just want to see how it is being installed. The innards of the xbox360 is tight enough as it is.
t

That was a prototype only, custom build PC with linux on it. That blue box sitting next to X360 in the latest video, that is x360key, i'm pretty sure it is finall product. Looks nice, small and tidy smile.gif

alexthegr824

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2011, 03:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(jotavip @ Jun 17 2011, 02:03 AM) View Post

Hi people.

Yesterday I fried the board of my LiteOn 9350c drive, when I was trying to extract the key.

I don't have the key of the drive, and can't extract it anymore. I didn't the spring update, so my dash is not the latest version. So, I have a few questions:

1 - If I put a new drive with a blank key, and use this x360key, I can play games with the external HDD, correct?

2 - With a drive that have a blank key, when I go online in Live, I'll be banned, correct?

3 - If I try to update the xbox with the latest dash without a drive, or with a blank drive, I'll have an error, correct?

basically without your drive key you are left with an expensivee dvd player mate.

1- x360key requires your drive key to work

2- drive with no key will not boot games, only dvd's

3- yes.

hope this helps.

boflc

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(alexthegr824 @ Jun 16 2011, 07:12 PM) View Post

Darkflame those caching times your on about is bollocks, you can install any game to your 360 hdd and this will give faster response times just like an external hdd so they cannot  ban you based on this information alone.

not complete bollocks -- just not stated correctly.  iirc, new in-game ap25 calls are now available that -will- check the disc.

Ninjaman

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(michalss @ Jun 17 2011, 04:48 AM) View Post

t

That was a prototype only, custom build PC with linux on it. That blue box sitting next to X360 in the latest video, that is x360key, i'm pretty sure it is finall product. Looks nice, small and tidy smile.gif

Cool....thanks for the info.

On another note...since the x360key is emulating the drive therefore running the .iso formatted game as if it was the game disc.

What are the possibilities of emulating a movie?...so instead of having a movie disc inserted I can run a movie from the hard drive?....farfetched I presume but nonetheless I figured I'll ask the experts.

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(alexthegr824 @ Jun 17 2011, 01:12 AM) View Post

Darkflame those caching times your on about is bollocks, you can install any game to your 360 hdd and this will give faster response times just like an external hdd so they cannot  ban you based on this information alone.

But he's not talking about reading sectors off the Xbox's internal HDD, he's talking about reading sectors off the disk that still needs to be in the drive for the game to play.  Nothing to stop MS doing that.

Such seek time checking could be beaten, though, by emulating the seek times and transfer rate of a genuine drive.

Murc

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 01:49:00 AM »

I am anxiously awaiting this things arrival...It sounds pretty impressive, its pricey, but I think its justified.

eddie.vic1990

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »

Just one question: Will DLC work ?

champ2131

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »

Well I just bought a refurbished 360 to use this with, I hope they add the key extraction soon after the release because I'm not familiar with how to do that part.

kingdmc

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2011, 07:10:00 PM »

I haven't posted in awhile but this situation prompted me to put my 2 cents in. Not bashing just making an observation.
Ok I was all excited since my jtag just died and I saw that the x360key has had a price drop and it is ready to be shipped and you can also win a free one etc...

Part 1
So I signed up and got my confirmation for a discount and a possible way to win a free piece of hardware

This is your promo code: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's valid before 2011-08-01 00:00:00.
Keep the code!With this code ,you can:
1. Get an opportunity to win an x360key totally free!
2. Get 10% off when purchasing x360key from our website!
Best Regard!

Part 2
I have liked the facebook page and subscribed to get my code and now I have my credit card in hand ready to type in digits but then an alarm goes off... maybe i'm paranoid but buidling websites and stuff I analyze sites.

i had already signed up and created a username and such but I forgot the password I used since I used a random one.  There is no opportunity to retrieve or reset the password and i'm definitely not linking any other profile login to this site until i'm sure it's legit.  So my dilemma is this, i want to be an early adopter of this new technology but  desperately searching for a solution and having a credit credit card in hand is a bad combo so is there anyone who has gone through with the purchase??? Should I wait patiently by the wayside for the dust tp settle???

kingdmc

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(DodgeM4s @ Jun 22 2011, 04:08 AM) View Post

The real site is http://www.x360key.com/ The one you went on is a fake ( http://www.x360keys.com/ ) they also have a different facebook page. Stay clear from them.

AND DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS!!

Like I said before desperation and a credit card in hand is not a good combo.  usually I can spot these things but i'm glad that I waited to get confirmation.  The only thing I did was signup for the e-mail on the fake site so the credit card info is safe. Stuff like that is what happens when we don't pay attention plus you know when something just seems too good to be true...

Now i'm on the right site and can proceed with my order.

Thanks for the assistance!!

nightshadoww

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(RRoD420 @ Jun 16 2011, 06:32 AM) View Post

c4e said it's detectable but i really don't see how, its running his fw and it seems like he has it figured out. It's just imitating. I also think c4e is really 'team-xecuter' and they have all these fw releases organized with hardware for sale laugh.gif

I agree Does C4 exist? is he a ghost for M$ to chase? Is he a commercial for xecuter hardware? Who cares I have a key on order, i also have multiple consoles, though I would love to put this on my pimped chrome cut out blue led cpu gpu blue fan blue ROL console ect ect without getting flagged. So if it emulates. I assume we create a custom FW with the original dump from our drive and flash that over to this bitch. Seems like it'd work to me unless it tries to run some of its own code in the process. And when did "C4" say this was detectable? last I heard he was working on it? Or was that name pulled from advertisement key and executer have a fallout?
My personal opinion is no on guy single handedly releases firmware for every new dash every year for nothing but donations when there are companies designing and manufacturing hardware that is crucial to making this happen. Yes somebody with some in depth knowledge of electronics could build this on their own if the some ideas were bounced off the wall b ut yeah this is a way of keeping things kosher
oh yeah and how much ya wanna bet that lt 2.0 drops July 11th or whenever the x360key drops? I don't believe it's just executer I believe the name c4 is now in bed with x360key
If he is one man he is the shit but..............? he can come drinks some beers with me, I'll buy

proger

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2011, 10:54:00 PM »

This is one of the more interesting things that have happened in the 360 modding scene in awhile. It's not anything particularly new in the sense that it's still a mod to play 'backups', but it's a creative fresh idea nonetheless. I hadn't checked Xbox Scene because "firmware, firmware, XBL BAN OMGNO. firmware.." gets kind of boring to me.  I'll keep an eye on this, even though I'm not personally interested in using the product, I would love to see how this pans out. (Definitely will keep an eye out after it's released - always interesting to see how long it takes for cheap chinese knockoffs that half-work to be released.)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5