xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: E76!?....after Xclamp Fix?.....help Please  (Read 152 times)

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
E76!?....after Xclamp Fix?.....help Please
« on: June 15, 2011, 01:26:00 AM »

E76: Ethernet Error - Couldn't complete ethernet reset: This error is usually cased by the Ethernet port's controller chip, a dead chip may not cause the error but removing the Ethernet controller chip does, it may also be caused by other Ethernet related problems.

This mean that your penny trick propably caused damage to your ethernet chip. Check all the legs from the ethernet chip or post clean photos.

iateshaggy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »

why do people keep calling it a fix if it breaks the console.  that penny fix is also worth the amount of pennies u put in there.

Fudgebar

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 07:23:00 AM »

Really?......I beg to differ.  It helped me run my 360 for another 18 months until now.  And it cost me literally a few pennies and some electric tape.  It worked fine to fix a machine that wouldnt escape out of the red rings. So I think it did its job.  

And who's to even say that the X Clamp or pennies where responsible for this new E76 error Im getting.  I only tried the X Clamp fix to address the turbo fans issue that seemed to crop up all of a sudden over the last few days which leads me to believe that something was coming down the pipe anyways

Any thoughts of what I can try.....would a reflow fix this?

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »

Ebem if the ethernet ICS chip looks ok, that doesn't mean it is ok. You have to replace it to be sure. They are rather cheap in the market. Of course you will need some soldering skills.

masterofpuppets

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 12:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Fudgebar @ Jun 16 2011, 04:47 PM) View Post

Im not sure if this has been asked before but would I be able to just get another 360, install the Ixtreme FW onto this unit and just plug my HD into it and play backups from there?
I've read that once you plug a HD into another XBOX it corrupts the data, but what if that 360 is also modded as well?....Will game saves work?
If not,

I have the Xport 360 transfer device, can I manually, copy the save files from my old HD's Cache into a new profile I create on the new modded 360?

Changing the hdd to another xbox is fine it will only corrupt files if one of the 360s is banned and btw none of those fixes are good for the xbox they don't usually last long you must have been lucky.

QUOTE(Fudgebar @ Jun 16 2011, 04:47 PM) View Post

Im not sure if this has been asked before but would I be able to just get another 360, install the Ixtreme FW onto this unit and just plug my HD into it and play backups from there?
I've read that once you plug a HD into another XBOX it corrupts the data, but what if that 360 is also modded as well?....Will game saves work?
If not,

I have the Xport 360 transfer device, can I manually, copy the save files from my old HD's Cache into a new profile I create on the new modded 360?

Changing the hdd to another xbox is fine it will only corrupt files if one of the 360s is banned and btw none of those fixes are good for the xbox they don't usually last long you must have been lucky.