xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Team Xecuter: MOLEXT - Molex On The Move  (Read 232 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Team Xecuter: MOLEXT - Molex On The Move
« on: May 05, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | May 5 22:08 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From team-xecuter.com:

We would like to give a big shout out to the guys to our friends over at XCONSOLES.COM who sent us a brand new product from the USA called the “MOLEXT” which will be right up your street if you are a mobile modder with an X360USB PRO

The scene has been crying out for a portable Molex device that is both high performing and high quality at the same time without busting the bank balance.

Designed and Made in the good ‘ole USA, this unassuming little gizmo knocked our socks off at Xecuter HQ with its outstanding performance ! We expected to get maybe 5 or 10 good flashes of a drive (including a full eject cycle just to give the 12v a solid workout). Boy, were we wrong.

With just 2 alkaline 9v batteries we were able to do 112 drive flashes before the battery indicators started to go red !!!

Out of all the DIY portable molex devices we have ever tested – this is the first professionally manufactured product that is as good as it gets and is a must for any serious mobile modder, because lets face it if you are a pro and you are mobile, in all probability you own a laptop or netbook already and you want to be flashing 10 drives in 10 minutes – not 2 hours, right ?

We can’t wait for these to be on sale to the public. We’re told that Radio Shack are looking to pick these up and there are will also be a distribution program setup for other wholesalers and retailers.

We will look at buying a large quantity for our X360USB PRO customers so we will be able to save you a few $$.

Features:
* Portable Molex Power Supply
* 2 x 9v Alkaline Batteries
* AC/DC Pass through (Wall socket / Car Adapter etc)
* Dual Battery Power Level LED indicators (Green:Good, Orange:OK, Red: Change Battery)
* High end circuit giving outstanding battery performance
* Power Status LED
* Made In The USA
* ….and of course Xecuter tested and approved

We will let you know as soon as production starts – and it looks like the RRP is going to be around $29.95

Official Site: http://team-xecuter.com

liteon6x

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »

Team xecuter is playing catch up in the mobile modding area they wont ever be pc less

the lizard is the better product in that area

comhen

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(liteon6x @ May 6 2011, 01:36 PM) *

Team xecuter is playing catch up in the mobile modding area they wont ever be pc less

I personally like USB PRO better and it works great with jungle flasher.
i don't think there really is a need for this as you'll be working off a computer and there's usually is a spare moles connection to power the drive. i won't be getting one

warbeast

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 10:24:00 PM »

Just the other day I was thinking what would I do if I found myself in a forest with my 360 to flash but no power source to tap into the consoles motherboard and now I know

But what if I forget to take battery's how about Solar panels?

bill16504

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(liteon6x @ May 5 2011, 11:36 PM) *

And your comment is relevant to what? Didn't you even read the article? This isn't a Team Xecuter product.

bengrimsy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 01:10:00 AM »

This is pretty nifty. Although I carry around a molex to ac wall adapter, so I have zero use for this. Really, who does need this? buy a molex to wall adapter. Save some money, and you won't have to mess with batteries. wow.....the more I think about it, the less I understand why someone would mass produce this. this is gonna flop like a fish out of water.

edit - oh wow I can use it in my car. don't even get me started with how many times I needed a molex power supply in my car. praise jebus

This post has been edited by bengrimsy: May 6 2011, 08:13 AM

ddxcb

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 01:28:00 AM »

why not make one with the dvd connectors and sh*t.

O wait they want you to BUY THERE DVD POWER SH*T.

./rant

Why not make one that can plug into the dvd rom and be done with it.

krizalid

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 02:26:00 AM »

I think it's cheaper to get a external cheap 10 dollar hdd enclosure and use it's molex or convert to molex if it's for sata.

No battery, electricity only, but beats paying for something like this.

What I'de love to see was the USB pro fully powered with 12pin psu for the drive. (no necessarly from USB 5.v port).

dank4life

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(bill16504 @ May 5 2011, 10:56 PM) *

And your comment is relevant to what? Didn't you even read the article? This isn't a Team Xecuter product.

Thank you for pointing that out. The use of the colon in the title implied otherwise. Generally a colon is used in an introduction related to the subject. I wouldn't say "Dank4life: Robot - Digital Sex Machine" if i wanted to make a worldwide announcement about a piece of junk i found at radioshack. I'd say something like  "Dank4life: childish, emotionally oversensitive, and grandiose". Now on the otherhand, if I wanted to intentionallly mislead people....

beasty54

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(ddxcb @ May 6 2011, 08:28 AM) *

why not make one with the dvd connectors and sh*t.

O wait they want you to BUY THERE DVD POWER SH*T.

./rant

Why not make one that can plug into the dvd rom and be done with it.

Read it again idiot, this is NOT a TX product and not designed specifically for the xbox

This post has been edited by beasty54: May 6 2011, 09:49 AM

moh.sakhaii

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 03:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(beasty54 @ May 6 2011, 12:18 PM) *

Read it again idiot, this is NOT a TX product and not designed specifically for the xbox

They advertised it nonetheless, lol, It looks and sounds stupid, and yes without the cable it's funny as hell (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

crisdo98

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 03:30:00 AM »

This is a great product for those using laptops. For anyone using a home PC this is rather pointless.

Very surprised the TX are looking to retail another manufacturer's product and not blatantly just copy the design.

Revolt_Gameshop

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 04:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(crisdo98 @ May 6 2011, 04:30 PM) *

This is a great product for those using laptops. For anyone using a home PC this is rather pointless.

Very surprised the TX are looking to retail another manufacturer's product and not blatantly just copy the design.

less profit for them, wall AC adapter to molex is far alot cheaper, that will make that thing useless plus, the batteries is something we should buy in order to make this thing work, that means more to spend, definitely not a 'competitive' product to copy

stefanounick

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 04:55:00 AM »

Nice, it would be perfect when im on the move
little big to be honest, but what can you do? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
thanks team xecuter for letting us know this product

Riverpatrol

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 06:09:00 AM »

"RRP is going to be around $29.95", anything over $15 is expensive for this type of thing. I'll stick with plugging in a power lead to the pc's psu.