xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Team Xecuter POGO MO THOIN – Homebrew Liteon Probe – No Cuts / No Sold  (Read 2033 times)

ARY

• Archived User
Team Xecuter POGO MO THOIN – Homebrew Liteon Probe – No Cuts / No Sold
« Reply #150 on: February 23, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ Feb 23 2011, 07:10 PM) View Post

Here's mine with a press-to-break switch next to the probe...neatest solution I could come up with.

IPB Image

An easier method I found on another forum is this, it just avoids the pull-out-plug-push-it-back-in power recycle for the non CK3 users.

1) Drive on
2) Click Phat key, click yes
3) Cut 3.3v line (press button), probe MPX01, join 3.3v line (release button)
4) When extraction is complete, instead of removing probe and recycling power just remove probe and cut 3.3v line for a couple of seconds, i.e. I just hold the button down for a couple of secs.
5) Click OK.

EDIT - Just seen that Serious_Sam has this method as well a couple of posts above...can't hurt having it twice though IMO.

Read my post at page 9. I developed it smile.gif

Buzzcut

• Archived User
« Reply #151 on: February 23, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(ARY @ Feb 23 2011, 06:48 PM) View Post

Read my post at page 9. I developed it smile.gif

I read it at the time...it's what prompted me to make my own.  I'm just saying you don't have to power cycle the drive, just cut and reconnect the 3.3v line.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(njmbb8 @ Feb 23 2011, 12:53 AM) View Post

can someone show me which cable is 3.3v and which is ground on the dvd power cable?

IPB Image

FYI all this is in the instructions.

QUOTE(Buzzcut @ Feb 23 2011, 08:40 PM) View Post

I read it at the time...it's what prompted me to make my own.  I'm just saying you don't have to power cycle the drive, just cut and reconnect the 3.3v line.

....which is the same as power cycling the drive - semantics

Both will work smile.gif

Ubergeek

• Archived User
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(dank4life @ Feb 20 2011, 10:00 AM) View Post

It's pronounced, "poke my groin", huh? and that means what? Redundant waste of time? .Maybe i just don't understand why anyone would want to spend time and money looking for an xbox 1 to tear apart. We have a saying around here. Don't pole vault mouse turds. That logo is hilarious also. Grats.
And just so everyone knows what kind of people came up with this, I've never violated any rules in their website, much less even been there, but i clicked the link and discovered that they've blocked my IP address.

QUOTE(dank4life @ Feb 21 2011, 05:32 AM) View Post

please dont be fooled by copycat vaporware folks. and pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. I'm sure team exlax will release an original product eventually.  you may find karma to be a cruel bitch, but some of us choose to Think. Different.

Crazy vaporware huh ? Waste of time yeah ?  rolleyes.gif

This is probably why you are blocked from the site - because you rant like a dipshit who continually and habitually makes a fool of himself with biased nonsense. It's like the ramblings of a madman who you find sitting in the corner of a padded room eating flies and/or his own shit.

You are also right - TX never released anything original. However I do think that over 220,000 users of their XB1 mods with 5 years worth of ground breaking bios hacks would disagree  rolleyes.gif - you do remember who helped start the scene yeah ? and before you say Bunnie - have a look on the first page of Bunnies book - 2 TX members right there. But who cares about that stuff  rolleyes.gif

The scene is about reversing - its what we all do - you can't support one team who reverses then shit on another team that does the same - get over it ffs - it's a game - enjoy it and stop being a little bitch. The enemy is MS not each other !

QUOTE(Geremia @ Nov 29 2009, 06:59 PM)

http://www.xboxhacke...g88126#msg88126

Thanks for reporting your findings, nice one  smile.gif
That's the power of knowledge spreading  smile.gif

Poopmonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »

Hey guys thanks for the help but I thought that I only needed to fix this up and all would be well but this is unfortunately not the case. I still cannot get phatkey from drives. I fixed my error and it still does not work. I tried to alternate the 5 seconds turn off and I tried 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 3 seconds, instantly and nothing worked. So I then tried the same with just cutting the 3.3v line off with the switch and still I did not get anything. Always failed. Im starting to think that I should just do the MRA method like I have  been doing to all my drives. Here is my photos:

IPB Image

The length of those cable just are a rough trim of them. I did not really care how long they were since before I switched to the blue 24 awg wire I tried 30 awg and I had it at perfect length. So once it did not work with 30awg I thought maybe 30 awg cannot carry 3.3v so I tried 24awg and it still does not work...

IPB Image

brando56894

• Archived User
« Reply #155 on: February 23, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(DARKFiB3R @ Feb 19 2011, 03:04 PM) View Post

Póg mo thóin laugh.gif

(pronounced pogue muh ho-in) beerchug.gif

I knew it was Gaelic (or Irish)! Google translate kept saying it meant pogo my ass  laugh.gif Once you had it spelled out phonetically I remember hearing it when I was looking up Irish phrases a little while ago since the words are pronounced so different than what they look like.

VivaLaMikey

• Archived User
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2011, 05:08:00 AM »

Hey guys i got a 360 xtractor will i be able to use that and some other random shit to make one of these?
If so what parts are the easiest? And will the PMT Tut work me through this?

I have modded alot of 360's but never one that needed a probe before.

Thanks in advance

popaman

• Archived User
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »

Simple and strait forward, just ground the probe to the chassis of the 360 smile.gif

IPB Image

xboxdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »

Specifically what I am trying to find out with the Maximus 360 xtractor pro and spear, do I attach the spear as normal and use it or do I need to just send the ground to it?

Redwhitedream please elaborate or anyone else who has tried it.

Thanks

As far as building your own, are there any specific requirements for the switch?

Would this work:
http://www.radioshac...591#tabsetBasic

I think it'd be nice to have the LED indicator to tell you when it's on or off and a push button might be easier to do when holding a probe rather than having to slide or toggle a switch.

I'm assuming it has to be an AC switch but are there voltage requirements? I assume most switches should easily handle 3.3v. Am I right?

Sorry for the noob questions but I like to clarify things before I buy parts and start assembly.

Thanks,

XBD

MrG_1981

• Archived User
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxdawg @ Feb 24 2011, 09:12 PM) View Post

I think it'd be nice to have the LED indicator to tell you when it's on or off and a push button might be easier to do when holding a probe rather than having to slide or toggle a switch.

@xboxdawg Look at this, I think the switch will be better
http://www.radioshac...oductId=2909787

Just what I've done
IPB Image

3,3V ON

IPB Image
3,3V OFF
IPB Image

codroc

• Archived User
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

What is the method exact with a spear and Xtractor?

The spear has to be of origin or modify?

xboxdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »

That's what I'm trying to find out Codroc.

codroc

• Archived User
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »

I have to try with a spear of origin and that does not work at home

sorry for my English I use a translator

xboxdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »

The original spear and xtractor 360 pro did not work?

codroc

• Archived User
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »

no
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14