xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Maximus Announces the 360 Lizard  (Read 852 times)

kneehighspy

• Archived User
Maximus Announces the 360 Lizard
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 03:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(garyopa @ Dec 1 2010, 04:33 PM) View Post

This is the whole point of the device. -- It is 100% standalone hardware flasher, that means there is no messy SATA drivers, or USB drivers, or Windows or Linux problems, as their is NO NEED for any PC.

i like the idea of it perhaps being usable without a pc, but i would assume somehow the latest firmwares for the newest drives or even updated firmwares for older drives would somehow have to be updated and stored somehow to the lizard.  so i would think that either the device has a usb port to update the devices flash or perhaps the lizard uses an sd or microsd card that can be updated via a pc.

so a pc would be needed for the lizard somewhere down the line eventually, but that's just a guess on my part.  but the unit looks pretty nice so far, personally for me though, i like the executor product a bit more cause i would feel more 'in control' of the device and the flashing process.  both seem like good products and i've been looking for some type of solution that i can use with my alienware m9750 laptop since i use my laptop far more than my desktop, bout the only thing i use my desktop for is for single and dual layer blu-ray burning.

prankster360

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »

So much for a standalone flasher, if you still need to connect to pc for slim read, thats contradictary! (to say the least)
Imagine using this device on a hitachi drive and the battery dies! (I'm sure I don't need to expand on that!)
What i'm also at a loss for is if it has indeed been in dev for more than a year, surely you could find the time in that year to design and produce a decent casing for it? If i were showcasing a new hardware product, i'd make sure it looked the part too, something to stand out above the crowd.

prankster360

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(jfelding @ Dec 1 2010, 11:53 PM) View Post

The Xecuter competition isn't X360USB, its the CK3-CP.

Incorrect, the Competition IS the 360USB, the ck3-cp is a completely different tool altogether.

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(prankster360 @ Dec 1 2010, 02:54 PM) View Post

So much for a standalone flasher, if you still need to connect to pc for slim read, thats contradictary! (to say the least)
Imagine using this device on a hitachi drive and the battery dies! (I'm sure I don't need to expand on that!)
What i'm also at a loss for is if it has indeed been in dev for more than a year, surely you could find the time in that year to design and produce a decent casing for it? If i were showcasing a new hardware product, i'd make sure it looked the part too, something to stand out above the crowd.

As far as case goes, that was last on the list, the hardware was the first, sorry, but  their case in the video is nothing more than a umm, what was that, oh yeah a box  blink.gif  we can render an image like they did but didnt see the need until we know exactly what we want it too look like.  

The video is of a prototype at least we showed it off,

those are 2 seperate video's showing 2 seperate functions of the device  huh.gif

meaning you can use one or the other or both, whatever you desire

Let me calm a few rumors !!!

As of now there is NO official reseller list and NO official pricing or release date other than Dec 2010 as quoted in video, we have kindly asked those website listing prices to remove them as we have not yet contacted anyone about pricing yet.

All FACTS will be psoted at the official website  biggrin.gif

as time goes on we will feed more info about the features we have not YET disclosed

thank you all,

OggyUK

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »

I'm sorry, but my video is not Xecuters.

It was to disprove YOUR claims they only had an 'idea' when they heard you had h/w coming. There was no way they could dream up a concept, MFR it, and have it shipped to the UK within 48 hours.

Its a "box" because I was asked not to show the h/w in anything I done with it. I just happened to be fixing someones iPhone at the time too, and it was the perfect saize to mask the device itself, yet show USB/Sata cables.

I wont take anyones side in "the great h/w debate" If the h/w is good, I'll use it, and recommend it.

I stil stand by the Maxmus Pwr Adapter as being the best CK to date, although, my CK2 was solid - shame it had non-standard power sockets sad.gif

YESMOD

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »

Is this mean I can flash XBOX360 Drive FIRST TIME without Solder?

flash360

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »

I'm suprised nobody's asked yet  blink.gif  
We know this thing can read write and get keys but can it patch the hacked firmware with the dumped key or is it a case of dump, copy file to pc to patch it, copy back to device and then flash  huh.gif

Nice tool either way just not sure if id trust it myself. rolleyes.gif

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »

That looks bad***. I really like the idea of this tool. Way to go guys. Can't wait to grab one!

SnoopKatt

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 11:13:00 PM »

Neat tool. Only thing I could think of to improve it would be it acting as a PSU as well, so all you would need is the device and the 360 DVD drive. That may require too much power though for a battery-powered device.

flash360

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2010, 05:34:00 AM »

seeing as they have coded and made a custom sata interface, I think the simple hex edit of a couple of strings in a binary file is trivial dont you? especially considering maximus wrote the first toolbox that I can think of.

I agree totally, just seems a bit strange that they havnt mentioned this function.
You gotta be a bit carefull these days with all the "solderless" liteon solutions and stuff.

Then again they didnt claim this was a solderless solution but people keep reading that in there somehow laugh.gif

ampedXR

• Recovered User
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2010, 07:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(asapreta @ Dec 1 2010, 06:33 AM) View Post

And when it will be avaiable.

always better off with the device that is going to be best supported by the jungleflasher team.
Also the xusb has upgradable firmware on the device itself...sounds better for future upgrades no?

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(YESMOD @ Dec 1 2010, 09:12 PM) View Post

Is this mean I can flash XBOX360 Drive FIRST TIME without Solder?

For liteon 8 series v2 and 9 series you would still need to do cuts and solder.

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(turk3y @ Dec 2 2010, 12:48 AM) View Post

seeing as they have coded and made a custom sata interface, I think the simple hex edit of a couple of strings in a binary file is trivial dont you? especially considering maximus wrote the first toolbox that I can think of.

its "standalone" so I would have to assume no pc is required.

I am sure some people will moan that the slim is said to use usb,.... but the hack is not even refined and public yet so we have no idea what might be possible with further refinement, and by the looks this thing has expansion possibilities, so who knows there is not a slim addon to take the roll of the pc?

dont see how this hardware is any different from trusting jungleflasher, plus windows cant bork on you during the flash, anti virus cant start at just the wrong moment.... there is alot to be said from a well made hardware device over software,that said if your via card and jf work fine for you now then perhaps its not needed, but for others (mac users ? ) perhaps this is good. Plus the screen is sexy,

and one last moan, what is it with you lot and batteries? ffs its a 9v source, I am sure you can use any cheap psu for it, the battery just re-enforces the portability of the device as well as size as its a good small reference. you notice when he handles it at the end there is no battery lead so its clearly detatchable and one would have to assume to keep costs down they used a regular parts, so I am sure there will be a power lead for it as well, indeed in re-watching the video in the first few seconds you see him insert the power lead, it 9v with whatever mA a bettery kicks out.

how about a nice GBA emu easter egg in there ? wink.gif

It is not being sold as a STANDALONE only device, it just has the capability of being standalone, that willbe strictly up to the user.

There seems to be confusion on this subject,

You will need to pwoer the drive using a PC or an AC to Molex switching source

The lizard can be powered by USB or by a Battery or a A/C adapter

we are giving people options

Xmodss

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »

how are updates applied ?

were are the bins that are dumped stored?

how are the bins backed up after dumping ?

how are keys verified?

just a little list for starters

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2010, 10:57:00 PM »

I am not maximus

my role is distributor / tester

I never use IRC, we have no idea who that conversation with is, we are all asking one another
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5