xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dg-16d2s(74850c) Took A Dump, Want To Replace...a Few Questions..  (Read 68 times)

Digitalvynil

• Archived User

Hi guys, Haven't used this forum in quite some time...so please bare with me.  I have a really old 360, and my drive stopped working.  It would not read discs.  So I am trying to fix it.  I would like to swap the drive with the same exact drive.... a few questions...

1)  does the new drive come with a card like mine does?  Will all I really need to do is just solder the 6 wires on to my card..and then install in the new drive?  

2) I see there is a price difference between the same drives offered on ebaY...is that because they are of different firmware?  I need the 74850C in order for this to work right?

3) I destroyed the ribbon cable when taking apart this broken drive, do I have to order another ribbon cable..or will the new drive come with one?

4) Is this endeavor worth it..or should I just say TO HELL WITH THIS....and run out and purchase a new xbox.  I really do not have the money nor need for that.  Has anyone done this switch before...and is it easy.  I have soldered before, so I think I can do a simple solder job if that is all that is required.  

My xbox is in pieces....  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

SOMEONE HELP!!!!

Thanks

Justin