xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Xecuter LT CLIP, LT SWITCH 2 and CK3-CP, NAND-X JTAG, CK3 Probe 2 Upda  (Read 446 times)

Blargharg

• Archived User
Xecuter LT CLIP, LT SWITCH 2 and CK3-CP, NAND-X JTAG, CK3 Probe 2 Upda
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(teajunkie @ Apr 15 2010, 07:00 PM) View Post

what ARE you talking about ? NAND-X isnt just about the NAND its about the JTAG solution also - of which the Max version is severely lacking. Xecuter seem to have done a lot more work on testing solutions as opposed to just trying to be the quickest to market.

Oh really. How is it then that I jtagged a console yesterday using just the maximus nandflasher and a, b & c quicksolder modules? Nandflasher is a complete solution as well. And it works perfectly, cause the fucking thing ain't rocket science, it's just a copy of the design made by the community months ago, just like nand-x.

teajunkie

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(Blargharg @ Apr 15 2010, 05:55 PM) View Post

Agreed. I've had at least a dozen ppl come to me to save their drive after they fucked it up trying to install the LT switch. And at least half fucked up while cutting and exposing traces. That thing is a piece of shit, it's actually HARDER to do properly than the standard mra or vampire method. But I guess there'll always be stupid ppl who have 0 experience in modding and think they can mod a 93450 themselves.

What about the thousands that have been used with success ? You will always get those that just can't do it full stop. But the switch works great and is cheap enough.

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Apr 15 2010, 05:56 PM) View Post

The solution is supposed to be solderless, people still have to cut traces and in order to use this and have a functioning drive you need to fix the cuts you make in these traces, therefore its not friendly anymore although the product is targeted for people without soldering skills.  So if someone who isnt to good with soldering wants to continue to reuse this, then they will have to fix the traces one way or another.

I used to be a big supporter of xecuter products.  They use bad marketing techniques and lie and one of their moderators pissed me off when i asked a question about the probe 2, they would beat around the bush and sit there and claim its a solderfree solution when it really isnt, it requires fixing the traces still which THEY DID NOT mention in there advert trying to get people to preorder and finally got it out of them they are supplying you with their "super" silver conductive glue which is really special according to them.   So I really don't like their company no more, but they do make a decent product, just a bunch of worthless ones thrown in the picture as well.

Sorry but total lies. They never took any pre orders for the Probe 2 and they never said that you didn't have to cut traces - you should try reading what they said again. The only time they started to take pre orders was 2 weeks ago when resellers asked them to provide it without the conductive glue as it was late in delivery. They even made a post about this and no where does it say anything about not cutting traces. So you see, you have taken some lies and you believe it and you spew it like its the truth. Sorry but you are totally wrong. Seems to me like you listen to too much bullshit from other people - you should think for yourself my friend.

You don't have to like the products - but they all works, they have uses for many people, some are worthless for others - but speaking untruths just isn't good form.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(teajunkie @ Apr 15 2010, 01:06 PM) View Post

What about the thousands that have been used with success ? You will always get those that just can't do it full stop. But the switch works great and is cheap enough.
Sorry but total lies. They never took any pre orders for the Probe 2 and they never said that you didn't have to cut traces - you should try reading what they said again. The only time they started to take pre orders was 2 weeks ago when resellers asked them to provide it without the conductive glue as it was late in delivery. They even made a post about this and no where does it say anything about not cutting traces. So you see, you have taken some lies and you believe it and you spew it like its the truth. Sorry but you are totally wrong. Seems to me like you listen to too much bullshit from other people - you should think for yourself my friend.

You don't have to like the products - but they all works, they have uses for many people, some are worthless for others - but speaking untruths just isn't good form.

The probe 2 was announced back in early February and said to be available from preorder from shops.

CODE
Xecuter CK3 Probe v2 - First Liteon No Solder Solution !
After the amazing success of our LT Switch solution, we are pleased to launch the latest addition to the CK3 family of products – the FIRST complete NO SOLDER solution for the newer Liteon DVD drives – the CK3 Probe v2. This is targeted to installers who require a multi-use no solder solution to the new Liteon drives – or to the users who simply don’t have the skills to solder our cheaper LT switch alternative.

Still retaining the original CK3 Probe function of dumping the 74850 key, but now also enabling full firmware access of the new 83850V2 and 93450 drives – you can easily switch between PROBE and LT Switch Modes – A complete all-in-one solderless solution !

- Liteon 74850 - No Cuts Required - No Rebuild PCB Required. Switch to original CK3 Probe Function for DVD Key Extraction
- Liteon 83850V2 - 3 Small Trace Cuts (Same as LT Switch) - No Rebuild PCB Required. Special Conductive Glue supplied with kit to easily repair the cuts (Enough for at least 10 DVD Drives) - No Soldering !
- Liteon 93450 - 3 Small Trace Cuts (Same as LT Switch) - No Rebuild PCB Required. Special Conductive Glue supplied with kit to easily repair the cuts (Enough for at least 10 DVD Drives) - No Soldering !

Installers can use this again and again and again and again – No rebuild boards – no soldering – NO PROBLEM !

The CK3 Probe 2 connects to both the CK3 Lite and CK3 Pro connectivity kits and includes full status LED’s and an extra protection circuit against accidental shortages on the DVD PCB.

That post was from the Team-Xecuter announcement on their forum post.  This is not what the post originally stated and has been edited to include info about cutting traces and the Special conductive glue provided.  When you guys first started trying to sell this you did not state in your announcement that it required trace cuts and soldering or conductive glue to fix the traces.  All you stated was it was the FIRST SOLDERLESS SOLUTION.  

Clearly the forum post was edited with updated information at some point in time from when I first looked at it.

- Liteon 74850 - No Cuts Required - No Rebuild PCB Required. Switch to original CK3 Probe Function for DVD Key Extraction
- Liteon 83850V2 - 3 Small Trace Cuts (Same as LT Switch) - No Rebuild PCB Required. Special Conductive Glue supplied with kit to easily repair the cuts (Enough for at least 10 DVD Drives) - No Soldering !
- Liteon 93450 - 3 Small Trace Cuts (Same as LT Switch) - No Rebuild PCB Required. Special Conductive Glue supplied with kit to easily repair the cuts (Enough for at least 10 DVD Drives) - No Soldering !

That information was not originally there.  Your marketing gimmick at first made it appear as if THERE WOULD BE NO SOLDERING, TRACE CUTTING, OR REPAIRING involved.  You left out information about this stuff until people started questioning you about it.  So don't throw your fucking bullshit at me saying I'm stating lies.  T-X started letting shops take preorders back in February, so people have been waiting months to get this.  Also they did not mention trace repair initially, so I am not basing what I am stating on lies or other peoples word of mouth.

Read here:
http://www.xbox-scen...ppFkWEusvfW.php

After the amazing success of our LT Switch solution, we are pleased to launch the latest addition to the CK3 family of products - the FIRST complete NO SOLDER solution for the newer Liteon DVD drives - the CK3 Probe v2. This is targeted to installers who require a multi-use no solder solution to the new Liteon drives - or to the users who simply don't have the skills to solder our cheaper LT switch alternative.

Still retaining the original CK3 Probe function of dumping the 74850 key, but now also enabling full firmware access of the new 83850V2 and 93450 drives - you can easily switch between PROBE and LT Switch Modes - A complete all-in-one solderless solution !

Installers can use this again and again and again and again - No rebuild boards - no soldering - NO PROBLEM !

The CK3 Probe 2 connects to both the CK3 Lite and CK3 Pro connectivity kits and includes full status LED's and an extra protection circuit against accidental shortages on the DVD PCB.

Stock is expected to ship within 2 weeks (Would have been this week as this has been designed and finished for a couple of weeks but it's Chinese New Year). RRP $17.95

numlockhome

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 12:01:00 PM »

This is beyond bad. You just cant measure the amount of crap theese products add up to.

First of all, the LT Switch wont help anyone, its the soldering that is the EASY part. The cutting and exposing of the traces is where people mess up their drives the most. Buy a cheap multimeter instead, thats all you need to check if your cuts been made correctly.

Then we have the NAND-X. It does absolutely NOTHING to simplify the nand reading/writing. I rather support and buy a nand flasher from one of you guys selling homemade ones here at the forums. And then they are trying to downtalk the other solutions out there when their product is using the exact same technique.  dry.gif

The worst part is how they are trying to trick the n00bs into thinking that this will make their life easier. If anything this will result in MORE trashed drives and boards than before, trust me on that one.

Blargharg

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 12:16:00 PM »

I just realized teajunkie is admin on xecuter forum. And he calls me a fanboy... Talk about pot calling the kettle black lol  rolleyes.gif

juggahax0r

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(teajunkie @ Apr 15 2010, 01:00 PM) View Post

what ARE you talking about ? NAND-X isnt just about the NAND its about the JTAG solution also - of which the Max version is severely lacking. Xecuter seem to have done a lot more work on testing solutions as opposed to just trying to be the quickest to market.

Also not sure if you noticed the main price is still $15 cheaper than Max NAND Flasher - the Pre Order price was $20 cheaper - so, again, your info is way off. It's one thing to post opinions that's fine - but its another to post complete untruths

Dude seriously you need to chill out. Why are you supporting a product that hasn't even hit the streets yet? The Maximus isn't lacking anything , i have 1 it works just fine. They also are lying about having everything working on every motherboard revision. The e79 problem with zephyrs will still be their guaranteed. Preordering is a scam i have been wondering if they aren't just trying to rip people off , or they don't have the money to actually produce them without money up front. I am also going to have to disagree on pricing , the preorder price does not indicate at all what its actual price will be , it will probably come out to more like 50.  

QUOTE(Blargharg @ Apr 15 2010, 02:16 PM) View Post

I just realized teajunkie is admin on xecuter forum. And he calls me a fanboy... Talk about pot calling the kettle black lol  rolleyes.gif

Are you fuckin serious? Well then i guess he can go right too hell. Obviously only says good things because he works for them then. I don't think we will ever see then Nand-X hit the streets it's a myth.

Blargharg

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foreversevgi @ Apr 15 2010, 09:35 PM) View Post

so if i get the probe 2 will i still need to cut traces or buy lt switch or lt clip?

Let me make this perfectly clear - there is no method out there that allows you to do a 8xxxx v2 and 9xxxx mod without cutting traces. It can't be done. So even with a lt clip and lt switch you'll have to cut traces. You'll also need to scrape traces for these. The only scenario where you don't need to scrape traces is if you're using a vampire/probe 2 and conductive glue to patch, AND you're doing the 2 cut method (riskier). Everything else is marketing bullshit.

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 02:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(teajunkie @ Apr 15 2010, 09:38 AM) View Post

Can you flash a Winbond without the rebuild PCB ? NO. Is the Vampire Dual Probe v1 and MRA ? No. Does the Vampire have Multi-R ? No. The probe 2 has been shipping for the past week. It may not have been the first to market but its got a hell of a lot more features.

and you talk about overpriced and then mentioned Maximus in the same breath ? The last time I checked NAND-X had more features and is $15 cheaper. You're awesome man. Keep it up.

Can you flash a Winbond without the rebuild PCB ?  YES you absolutley can

Is the Vampire Dual Probe v1 and MRA ? NO, all liteon drive shoudl be 100% dumps, this has been posted over and over!!  Therefore the single isnt needed

The last time I checked NAND-X had more features and is $15 cheaper!  Actually the pre-order is $15 cheaper, retial will eb $10 cheaper and DOES NOT have more features you forgot to read daughter board sold seperate, which is already included in max's nandflasher

Blargharg

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(theo225 @ Apr 15 2010, 10:05 PM) View Post

I have used both, Litekey (from maximus) and LT Switch 1.5 (from Team Xecuter) and I prefer the LT Switch 1.5. I found it easier to install and easier to use due to the simple fact that it doesn't have any exposed contacts on the underside so I can just scrap away with my fiberglass brush and I do the cuts with my dremel and everything goes by smoothly. I fitted a LT switch 1.5 on my own Lite-On drive, but then again, I'm not a noob.

I'm glad you like the lt switch and that you managed to fit it without problems, but in my experience, using the switch is lengthier and riskier than doing the normal mra hack. This wouldn't bother a professional modder or someone with good soldering skills, but for noobs (and let's face it, most ppl who buy these are noobs) it's actually a lot riskier, the usual fuckup is lifting the traces or pads while trying to fit the damn thing on there. IMO, vampire probe is the easiest way to mod these drives, bar none. All other solutions are redundant, cause you really don't need the switch anymore once you extract the firmware.

mr-crix03

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 02:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Blargharg @ Apr 15 2010, 09:25 PM) View Post

I'm glad you like the lt switch and that you managed to fit it without problems, but in my experience, using the switch is lengthier and riskier than doing the normal mra hack. This wouldn't bother a professional modder or someone with good soldering skills, but for noobs (and let's face it, most ppl who buy these are noobs) it's actually a lot riskier, the usual fuckup is lifting the traces or pads while trying to fit the damn thing on there. IMO, vampire probe is the easiest way to mod these drives, bar none. All other solutions are redundant, cause you really don't need the switch anymore once you extract the firmware.

It's clear to see in this and one or two of your other post's that you are just a tad on the biased side, the whole point of team-x showing what is coming is to allow the end maybe noobish user what to expect not to be shot down by fucktards who are so far up maximus's arse they have little or no clue what is out there.  I'm all for supporting your favorite app or whatever, i come to xbox scene to see whats new not to read some tit going off on one because he doesn't  like the product he sees.  State your grievance and move on and just shut the fuck up about it.

Blargharg

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 02:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(mr-crix03 @ Apr 15 2010, 10:48 PM) View Post

It's clear to see in this and one or two of your other post's that you are just a tad on the biased side, the whole point of team-x showing what is coming is to allow the end maybe noobish user what to expect not to be shot down by fucktards who are so far up maximus's arse they have little or no clue what is out there.  I'm all for supporting your favorite app or whatever, i come xbox scene to see whats new not to read some tit going off on one because he doesn't  like the product he sees.  State your grievance and move on and just shut the fuck up about it.

I'm commenting on the news. That's what this subforum is for. If you don't like it move on mr. 1 post man.

mr-crix03

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 02:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Blargharg @ Apr 15 2010, 09:52 PM) View Post

I'm commenting on the news. That's what this subforum is for. If you don't like it move on mr. 1 post man.

But thats just it man your not just commenting on the news it's gone beyond that, you have done nothing but shoot any product but the maximus one, oh and big deal i have one post like that has any bearing on this.

Blargharg

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(mr-crix03 @ Apr 15 2010, 10:59 PM) View Post

But thats just it man your not just commenting on the news it's gone beyond that, you have done nothing but shoot any product but the maximus one, oh and big deal i have one post like that has any bearing on this.

Oh so you want me to shoot down Maximus products? Ok. The 360 xtractor is poorly designed. The eject key on that thing is way too awkwardly placed and half the time it doesn't eject on first try. The vampire probe is a piece of shit (at least the first version), poorly designed, poorly made, and awkward to use (especially since you have to hold it in position down for at least 30 seconds or so). The connectors on the power cable that comes with 360 xtractor are not a good fit, they're too hard to insert and remove. Litekey is also crap compared to lt switch, but then again, both those products are essentially crap. And yes, I've used them both.

I own both the CK3 and 360 xtractor. I loved the CK3 until it decided to just die on me (the usb key extract component), so i bought a 360 xtractor cause they had the vampire 2.5 MONTHS AGO. I also recently purchased a Maximus nandflasher cause they had on the market 3+ weeks before xecuter, and it's basically the exact same thing. Also, maximus nandflasher comes with 3 quicksolder boards, including the JTAG one that works great. 10$-12$ for replacement boards is too steep though.

So you see, I'm not talking out of my ass, but from experience. And I REALLY don't like the way Team Xecuter is acting, spewing nonsense about competing products. In my experience, both work fine, and there really isn't much difference at all. Xecuter are just pissed cause Maximus beat them to the market both on vampire probe and nandflasher, and the worst part is they're spreading FUD like "you can't flash Winbond chipset with vampire probe without rebuild pcb" (which is complete bullshit by the way) to boost the sales of their own LATE TO THE MARKET products. That's just not a fair competition I think, and it made me rethink buying from Xecuter again.

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(teajunkie @ Apr 15 2010, 01:54 PM) View Post

All I know regarding the Vampire is that it has no 3.3v to 101 without using the rebuild PCB - so how can you get it to vendor ? Sorry but no unless you changed it. You say the Probe v1 isn't needed - well thats YOUR opinion - there are many people out there who wouldn't complain about having the feature without having to use another product - how you can try to spin that has a plus on your side I have no clue.

you obviously have never used a vampire or even taken the time to look at the user manual where you make the 3 cut's and link one wire thus bypassing the need for a rebuild board.

mr-crix03

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 03:47:00 PM »

Now that is a hell of a lot better, to the point not biased in any way.  If you just did that in the first place instead of the 7+ posts you had to do i wouldn't have had too sign up smile.gif you where just pissing me off with your continuous negativity, as for the winbond situation you mention i have seen  results where the vampire has not being able to achieve it's goal and yes they were winbond flash status.  But anyway that's a argument that could go on and on and one i will not get into, oh and this may be my 3rd post but I'm by no means a noob of any shape or form.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4