xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Xecuter LT CLIP, LT SWITCH 2 and CK3-CP, NAND-X JTAG, CK3 Probe 2 Upda  (Read 447 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User

Xecuter LT CLIP, LT SWITCH 2 and CK3-CP, NAND-X JTAG, CK3 Probe 2 Update
Posted by XanTium | April 15 11:17 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From Team Xecuter:

We have been extremely busy these past few weeks, so we figured we'd give you one big update to keep you up to speed with whats going on at the Xecuter factory.

1. Xecuter LT Clip
After a great deal of brainstorming we are pleased to finally announce the perfect solution for all Liteon DVD drives. Utilizing a completely innovative design we have been able to create a special clip that simply plugs onto the Liteon PCB with no wires, no solder and no conductive glue. Simply make your MRA hack trace cuts and connect the Xecuter LT Clip - that's it. We have even included a continuity tester into the circuit. Push a button and if its a Red LED = Bad Trace Cuts, a Green LED = Good Trace Cuts :) The Xecuter Clip has been designed to work with both the new CK3 Probe 2 and also the new LT Switch 2. Available at the end of April.

2: LT Switch 2
The latest design in the best selling LT Switch series of products. The LT Switch v2 goes hand in hand with the LT Clip. Once the clip is installed you simply plug the LT Switch v2 into the the DVD drive via its own special DVD Power cable. Note: This does not replace the LT Switch v1.5, it operates the same as the current LT Switch v1.5 which includes the essential Multi-R feature for those difficult 93450 drives - it is designed specifically for the users who don't want to do any soldering or have to take any major risks with their DVD drive. It doesn't get any easier than this !

3. CK3-CP Update
The long awaited CK3-CP is in its final stages of development. Now includes complete Jungle Flasher integration with full LCD output and its own custom designed menus. Imagine just a couple of button presses would connect to the Liteon drive, auto eject to half tray, auto power cycle to vendor mode and then dump / write the firmware. The first completely functional unit to be designed for all your 360 DVD needs - and much much more. This is the crowning jewel in the CK3 line of products so expect many more updates in the next couple of weeks. For more information on the CK3-CP, it has its own forums here.

4. NAND-X JTAG Update
We have been doing some further development with JTAG to improve the connections and stability on various different motherboard types and scenarios. After been given 37 different motherboards that all had issues of RROD or intermittent failures - we are pleased to tell you that after several revisions, additions and design changes to the JTAG kit (very different from the first pictures we showed you), each and every single one now works with no errors. We have put a lot of effort into making sure that any type of JTAG kit from us is commercial grade and tested as such, and not just a couple of pcb's with wires and diodes - that simply will not work on a universal scale.
We have put together a bunch of test kits for final analysis by several of the scenes best known JTAG'ers and they will put them through every scenario before they are given the GO for production. This is how its done when the product isn't rushed !

5. CK3 Probe 2 Update
After taking great care in its development, the new CK3 Probe 2 has been receiving rave reviews. thanks to the co-operation of the JF Team, it is the first and only product of its kind to offer Full Read and Write on all model Liteons (including the Winbond Chipset) without the need to solder in any rebuild PCB, the first and only one of its kind to have dual Probe v1 and MRA function all in one device, not to mention the essential Multi-R feature for stubborn 93450 DVD drives and a circuit protection system when in Probe v1 mode. For the bulk users who want a fast, all-in-one, reliable solution this is the only option for Liteon drives. You can either solder the MRA trace cuts or use conductive glue and have no soldering at all - its your choice.
The full review by Team Jungle can be seen here

6. and finally.......XFRAG Update
We get asked a lot about this :) Due to all the new projects the XFRAG got kinda put on the back burner. Apologies to those who have waited a long time for us to release. Just to let you know it was sent to our packaging partners for final retail design. Won't be long now lol :p

Official Site: http://team-xecuter.com

xzelion

• Archived User
Xecuter LT CLIP, LT SWITCH 2 and CK3-CP, NAND-X JTAG, CK3 Probe 2 Upda
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »

I want to know what does this do for some one who is afraid to do crazy stuff to his 360 with the exception of flashing i am good at doing that.

NAND-X JTAG

What is it?
Will it help me Jtag easier?

Just curious thanks

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »

The LT clip and switch are both worthless products.  More stupid Xecuter marketing bullshit.

[Imported]Intruder

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »

Still not got one  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  Nand-X that is.... case of supply and demand I suppose, even tried to buy one as its cheaper and they have been in the scene longer then maximus and his crew...

When i get one fair and honest review will follow

This post has been edited by [Imported]Intruder: Apr 15 2010, 04:43 PM

garus

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 09:50:00 AM »

Intruder' date='Apr 15 2010, 05:40 PM' post='4675191']
Still not got one  sad.gif  Nand-X that is.... case of supply and demand I suppose, even tried to buy one as its cheaper and they have been in the scene longer then maximus and his crew..

They didn't even start selling it. Resellers don't have it in stock...

Drefsab

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Apr 15 2010, 04:39 PM) View Post

The LT clip and switch are both worthless products.  More stupid Xecuter marketing bullshit.

It's not worthless for all those people who screwed their drive because they cant solder, the clip will save those people a lot of troubles. Sure theres a lot of people who don't need one but then that's simple they wont buy one. I know loads of people that would use a clip themselves because they can't solder because its cheaper than paying someone to do the soldering for them.

Blargharg

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »

Oh look, more shitty overpriced products from xecuter with no street date attached. Whoopee.

Also, did they just diss Maximus on the fact that their product is in retail already (and working great, got one myself)? Bad form Xecuter, bad form. Btw, I've had the maximus vampire probe for a month already, worked with every drive i tried. Where the hell is probe 2? Comeon Xecuter, you can't just keep announcing products and then not deliver.

This post has been edited by Blargharg: Apr 15 2010, 05:14 PM

bhazard

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 10:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Apr 15 2010, 11:39 AM) View Post

Why would the clip be useless? Sounds like it could be re-useable.  If it can be taken off the drive and used on others, it sounds like a nice quick, easy way to read and flash multiple Lite-ons with that and the new probe.

teajunkie

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »

Can you flash a Winbond without the rebuild PCB ? NO. Is the Vampire Dual Probe v1 and MRA ? No. Does the Vampire have Multi-R ? No. The probe 2 has been shipping for the past week. It may not have been the first to market but its got a hell of a lot more features.

and you talk about overpriced and then mentioned Maximus in the same breath ? The last time I checked NAND-X had more features and is $15 cheaper. You're awesome man. Keep it up.

This post has been edited by teajunkie: Apr 15 2010, 05:39 PM

Blargharg

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(teajunkie @ Apr 15 2010, 06:38 PM) View Post

Can you flash a Winbond without the rebuild PCB ? NO. Is the Vampire Dual Probe v1 and MRA ? No. Does the Vampire have Multi-R ? No. The probe 2 has been shipping for the past week. It may not have been the first to market but its got a hell of a lot more features.

and you talk about overpriced and then mentioned Maximus in the same breath ? The last time I checked NAND-X had more features and is $15 cheaper. You're awesome man. Keep it up.

Lol, i've flashed more than a few winbonds without the rebuild board, so that's a YES. Probe 1 is redundant, if you want to do right by your customers you'll extract the full firmware with calibration data. I've never had a need for Multi-R with my vampire. NEVER. Is there a single Probe 2 in the hands of the customers yet? NO.

QUOTE(bhazard @ Apr 15 2010, 06:24 PM) View Post

Why would the clip be useless? Sounds like it could be re-useable.  If it can be taken off the drive and used on others, it sounds like a nice quick, easy way to read and flash multiple Lite-ons with that and the new probe.

You can't remove the clip cause you'd have to patch the traces then. And don't give me that "conductive glue" bullshit, that's WAY too messy and unreliable to even consider for a serious modder. The clip is going to be a one drive - one clip solution, just like the LT switch. And it'll probably cost more. And noobs will STILL fuck up their drives. If you want to flash multiple lite-ons vampire/probe 2 is the way to go.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 10:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Drefsab @ Apr 15 2010, 12:13 PM) View Post

It's not worthless for all those people who screwed their drive because they cant solder, the clip will save those people a lot of troubles. Sure theres a lot of people who don't need one but then that's simple they wont buy one. I know loads of people that would use a clip themselves because they can't solder because its cheaper than paying someone to do the soldering for them.

Its still not a guarantee success.  Lots of people mess up the cutting which is still needed in this and also you will have to expose traces which people also mess up.  Its better to have it done by somebody then to mess up a $200 xbox and have it be worthless.  People still make mistakes like plugging the drive in upside down too.  The LT switch is worthless too, once you get the firmware the LT Clip and whatever those other boards they have are worthless.

Blargharg

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 10:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(teajunkie @ Apr 15 2010, 06:38 PM) *

Um, more features? Explain pls. Also, I've got my Maximus nandflasher right here, in my hand. I've had it for more than a week. Where's the fabled nand-x then? Honestly, at the rate Xecuter is going, it was worth 15$ more to have it a month sooner. Also, the current nand-x preorder price is just a first batch discount. It'll cost about the same as Maximus when they finally start shipping.

teajunkie

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »

there have been MANY people who require a different resistor - that is common knowledge - and how is it possible that you do a winbond with the vampire with no rebuild when the vampire doesn't route 3.3v on its own - that's already been proven and admitted by the designers of the Vampire? Also your information regarding calibration data is SO out of date. probe v1 is NOT defunct as you say it is - Sorry but your knowledge is severely lacking - obviously. For the record - maybe you should read a bit more - shit loads of users have been using their probe 2's. Your obvious fanboyness is so lame. I'm all for lots of different products but when you bash one with no basis and especially to guys who have forgotten more than you'll ever know when it comes to Xbox hacking - well its just a bit silly isn't it.

Blargharg

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Apr 15 2010, 06:49 PM) View Post

Its still not a guarantee success.  Lots of people mess up the cutting which is still needed in this and also you will have to expose traces which people also mess up.  Its better to have it done by somebody then to mess up a $200 xbox and have it be worthless.  People still make mistakes like plugging the drive in upside down too.  The LT switch is worthless too, once you get the firmware the LT Clip and whatever those other boards they have are worthless.

Agreed. I've had at least a dozen ppl come to me to save their drive after they fucked it up trying to install the LT switch. And at least half fucked up while cutting and exposing traces. That thing is a piece of shit, it's actually HARDER to do properly than the standard mra or vampire method. But I guess there'll always be stupid ppl who have 0 experience in modding and think they can mod a 93450 themselves.

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(bhazard @ Apr 15 2010, 12:24 PM) View Post

The solution is supposed to be solderless, people still have to cut traces and in order to use this and have a functioning drive you need to fix the cuts you make in these traces, therefore its not friendly anymore although the product is targeted for people without soldering skills.  So if someone who isnt to good with soldering wants to continue to reuse this, then they will have to fix the traces one way or another.

I used to be a big supporter of xecuter products.  They use bad marketing techniques and lie and one of their moderators pissed me off when i asked a question about the probe 2, they would beat around the bush and sit there and claim its a solderfree solution when it really isnt, it requires fixing the traces still which THEY DID NOT mention in there advert trying to get people to preorder and finally got it out of them they are supplying you with their "super" silver conductive glue which is really special according to them.   So I really don't like their company no more, but they do make a decent product, just a bunch of worthless ones thrown in the picture as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4