xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Maximus NANDFlasher  (Read 1437 times)

greengiant

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(letsmod @ Mar 18 2010, 11:23 AM) View Post

you forgot to add in engineering cost, design cost, testing, prototyping, the rest of the components, the board cost, the assembly cost, the testing cost, the programming cost, the case cost, CNC of case cost.

These are not cheap china devices!!

if all we needed was an LPC 2148 with wires hanign off it then; yes cost would be low

what engineering cost? what design cost? its all done by tiros.
You just get a pcb fab house to make the final unit for pennies.

And as for TX "announcing" first. At least theyr products work, unlike the litekey.
Or do we all forget about the litekey. lol.

Anyways...thats all for now. I simply wanted to make sure that everyone knows this IS TIROS' work; accordingly should be given credit. And what the real cost of the unit is.
In the end its upo the customer whether paying so much is worth it.

letsmod

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 12:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rickets06 @ Mar 18 2010, 10:30 AM) View Post

Blue lights would be the sickest thing ever in place of the green ones... on the RF board...

picture it man, ahhhhhhh

the blue LED in the case looked white, which is why we went with green.  If you order one ask them to switch the LED, very simple to do.

greengiant

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(carranzafp @ Mar 18 2010, 11:30 AM) View Post

M8, no offense, I respect your work, but you cannot just tell part cost dont matter.  Maybe for your design the part cost are low if its based on PIC device, then all your cost is on your personal effort to manufacture each unit.  

On our case is the opposite, the reelevant cost is on the parts/design.  We also have quality control on nandflasher and each unit will be tested before shipping.
Well 10 is not same as 5 as you said.

Well if you really want to analyze, i will.
You dont make these at home, you have a factory make them.
Wether in eastern europe or asia, either of which are cheap (and i can tell from the build quality of the products ive seen come from you)
So... assuming 1000 units, your cost for raw parts is around $6-10. Add about $0.30 for the board.
Add about $1-2 for testing and fabrication. Finally add $1-2 for misc. You are at about $10-15 MAX.
And i know what im talking about, ive had many many dealings with different manufactures and projects.

Instead of denying the cost, you should be embracing the product and features.
Like apple, theyr hardware is the same as pc's and cost as such, but its the software that makes the apple hardware 2x the cost.

And about my previous statement about Tiros not wanting anything to do with you/it. Its been verified by 3 sources now. Reaffirmed by your clutch tothe statement that he made it public.

letsmod

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(greengiant @ Mar 18 2010, 10:32 AM) View Post

what engineering cost? what design cost? its all done by tiros.
You just get a pcb fab house to make the final unit for pennies.

And as for TX "announcing" first. At least theyr products work, unlike the litekey.
Or do we all forget about the litekey. lol.

Anyways...thats all for now. I simply wanted to make sure that everyone knows this IS TIROS' work; accordingly should be given credit. And what the real cost of the unit is.
In the end its upo the customer whether paying so much is worth it.

hmm, Litekey has worked perfect on the 70+ drives I have installed them in, not sure why your having issues,

HotKnife420

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(letsmod @ Mar 18 2010, 04:19 PM) View Post

LOL, funny video, but again no one is forcing you to pre-order.  Something have to remain a secret, its like xmas, you cant open those presents as tempting as it might be.  biggrin.gif

the USB Jtag SPI using the pic are selling for $50 and up on ebay and they are twice a sslow as this device. In the end people will purchase whatever they want, that is why there is a market, to give you choices

ph34r.gif

Yes, but the usbjtagnt is $15 more and also works with cable modems and other devices. Or you could get an Olimex/2142 for about $40. With the usbjtagnt, I can read an entire 512mb nand in under 20 mins. 16mb nands are only 40 seconds.

Xmas presents are bad analogy - who buys a christmas present for themselves and doesn't know what it is?

letsmod

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(greengiant @ Mar 18 2010, 10:37 AM) View Post

Well if you really want to analyze, i will.
You dont make these at home, you have a factory make them.
Wether in eastern europe or asia, either of which are cheap (and i can tell from the build quality of the products ive seen come from you)
So... assuming 1000 units, your cost for raw parts is around $6-10. Add about $0.30 for the board.
Add about $1-2 for testing and fabrication. Finally add $1-2 for misc. You are at about $10-15 MAX.
And i know what im talking about, ive had many many dealings with different manufactures and projects.

Instead of denying the cost, you should be embracing the product and features.
Like apple, theyr hardware is the same as pc's and cost as such, but its the software that makes the apple hardware 2x the cost.

$6-$10 wow, that would be nice but your dead wrong

$10-$15 max, not even close

these are by far the best quality we can get which is why we are not paying what your stating

again these are not cheap china manufactured !!

ddsdavey

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 01:11:00 PM »

How is this "noob friendly"?

LufianGuy

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »

I'm looking for the easiest solution available and hope this is it.

hoxlund

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 01:52:00 PM »

Already for sale and in stock:

http://www.vgcrepair...products_id=419

your welcome

thwack

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »

I think looking at the youtube vid, you hopefully are giving Tiros some $.....

Also, when you say 'the good thing about this GUI is that it doesn't show you the progress of the second dump' - well, it'd kinda be useful to see the progress of the second dump....

Not knocking the product, as if it's easy for the noob to use then good on you.......

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hoescout @ Mar 18 2010, 05:25 PM) View Post

no you dont, you just insert the KV in premade XBR dumps bro.

You get the KV out of the first 2 MB of the NAND dump. Then u flash the full XBR dump u patched with your KVs through Xellous/Xell via USB stick or usb hdd. Takes like 15 seconds. Plus reading the first 2 MB with serial cable- 7-10 minutes.

Work done

Good luck with that bro. Let me know what you do when you have a NAND with bad blocks in the address space you didn't dump...

xboxhaxorz

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 03:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(ZprivateZ @ Mar 18 2010, 10:13 AM) View Post

You can do the same thing for less than half that price I can't see it selling to good, unless there are extra features we don't know of. I seriously doubt any solderless solution comes about other than that conductive glue which after messing with that stuff with an intensafire controller that's no solution, applying it to a mainboard? no way your better off soldering.

where can i do this for less than half the price? i am aware of the printer cable. but the usb version is faster.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(LiarInGlass @ Mar 18 2010, 11:38 PM) View Post

From everything I've seen, a USBJTAG-NT device is more expensive than this NANDFlasher from Maximus..

Stop trying to be God and let people do what they want.

It's their money, not yours.

My Lord, don't you shut up??

Everywhere I look, you're bitching.

go get laid already!!!

Xmodss

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 08:33:00 PM »

having the privilege of being a beta tester of the Maximus Nand flasher

IPB Image

1. install is extremely simple they are not lying when they say 1 minute installs any newb can install one of these with ease i'm not allowed to go into details as what's installed but i can say that you will not be let down with the install of this by any means.

2. ok i have used to different computers to test speeds to see if " computer means shit or not "

a computer 1 dell optiplex gsx380 3ghz p4 8 gig ram usb

xenon dump time was exactly 1 min 52 sec
 I have dumped several xenons and falcons to date and the average read and write time is just around 1min 52sec.

b dell inspiron 1525 intel 3.06 duo 4 gig ram usb
 I have dumped several xenons and falcons to date and the average read and write time is just around 48sec .

i'm really not allowed  to release to much information or to many details until the product is fully released to public.

but i will say it's one fast programmer and i was the first one to be skeptical of this device but i was surely impressed withe the outcome sleek and fast nothing more to say it does the job and does it fast.

some of you many know me from efnet some of you may not some of you may believe me some of you may not that's not important to me because anyone who knows me knows i will tell it how it is good or bad i don't really care the facts are the facts

HotKnife420

• Archived User
Maximus NANDFlasher
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 09:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hoescout @ Mar 19 2010, 02:01 AM) View Post

Ofc one has to dump 2 or 3 times the first 2 mb of the nand and compare them afterwards, still its like 6 MB in total, about 20-25 minutes. If all 3 dumps match exactly, theres nothing to worry about since u can insert the KV info in existing XBR predumps and youre good to go.

I never had any trouble with that method.

How do you check for bad blocks on an incomplete NAND image? Bad blocks are present when there are physical flaws on the flash chip that prevent that address from being read/written properly. The data that would normally be in that block is instead written to the last block (and then the block before that, etc) of the NAND.

In the event that you were to replace a 360's flash chip that has had blocks remapped with a new flash chip, you would not need to have your blocks remapped (unless the chip has a defect).

QUOTE(Xmodss @ Mar 19 2010, 03:33 AM) View Post

1. install is extremely simple they are not lying when they say 1 minute installs any newb can install one of these with ease i'm not allowed to go into details as what's installed but i can say that you will not be let down with the install of this by any means.

Is it solderless? If it's not, I really don't see how you can get much simpler than soldering 6 wires to 6 big (well, bigger than ps2's solder points, and much bigger than the points on the hitachi flash chip for maximus' 79 passkey).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6