xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2nd Xbox 360 Without Ram Chips On Bottom?  (Read 107 times)

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
2nd Xbox 360 Without Ram Chips On Bottom?
« on: February 11, 2010, 02:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(elitescouter @ Feb 11 2010, 10:49 AM) View Post

Ok this is the 2nd Xbox 360 I've ran into and it's missing the ram chips on the bottom?? It works perfectly like no problems but I still don't get it. Can someone please explain?

Can you provide MFr Date, DVD drive brand , Voltages etc?

Also when was it bought? Looks liek you have done x-clamp fix on it allready.

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 05:08:00 AM »

Really strange.. never seen them missing from a board before. Can you check in the dashboard how much memory it has on board? I don't remember exactly but there is a way to check that.

hardrock351w

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 06:39:00 AM »

I've got a falcon like that.
My guess is those crappy thermal pads didn't cut it with them(as far as heat transfer and pressure to them) so MS upped the capacity on the top ones.
My question is, will it be  like xbox 1 where you could double the ram on it now? lol sweet!

elitescouter

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »

Intresting... Didn't know that.

When I bought the lot of 84 xbox 360's... I run into some wierd stuff.

I guess this is just one of them. If anyone wants I can take a pic of that board top and bottom sides.

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 12:33:00 AM »

Ye sthat would be nice, just to fill up our curiosity smile.gif

MiKe OcSl0nG

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »

This is weird... When I saw this topic on this forum I had to sign up because I have a 360 that I just recently found out had missing ram chips on the bottom... It has the 3 light rrod but even when I took it to get fixed by a friend who fixes them all the time it didn't work... both of us were stumped... I wonder why your works and this one doesn't...

musclecarman1

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »

Having no ram chips on the bottom is very common on falcon boards, and I am pretty sure all Jasper boards do not have any ram on the bottom ( at least the 20 or so I have seen).  Another thing I commonly see is the use of both solid aluminum capacitors (small metallic) and regular electrolytic capacitors (much taller) around the cpu.  I saw some early and late production jasper board still have the larger 6.3v 820uf electrolytic capacitors installed.  I guess whatever they have in stock they use.

crash_2012

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »

so would there be any chance like someone said earlier, take the ram chips off the topside of a board that doesnt have them on the bottom, and put them on the bottom side of another similar board??  I have an IDRA bga reflow station that i could attempt this if i see the need to do so.  I would love to aquire a couple of those boards to test it, or even if someone could provide the ram module model numbers, i wouldnt mind testing this with a jtag console, and see if it reports more ram.... or is there a way to see how much ram the system has??  i dont think ive seen one yet, apart from linux.....  lol

hangover

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 07:48:00 AM »

This is a gravedig but i just aquired a falcon console that also has no ram on the underside of the mobo , the bga locations are mint so didnt expect them to be missing as it works perfectly otherwise.
  Detail of this console are below so i expect its a late build falcon -

Build date 24/09/2008
Dvd drive Liteon DG162s
Dash Kernel 6690 -  smile.gif