xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X360 Gpu Reflow - Which Machine Would Be Better?  (Read 76 times)

Modemboy

• Archived User
X360 Gpu Reflow - Which Machine Would Be Better?
« on: February 02, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »

Well, my 360 took a major sh*t and ended up with the 0102 error code, so i have a cold solder joint somewhere around my gpu, sometimes i can get it to run for a little bit by adjusting the screws on my heatsink, but the error comes right back after an hour or so.

Its out of warranty so i have to take it to a repair shop to get it taken care of. Now heres where i need some helpful advice, theres 2 shops near me that can fix it and give me a warranty on their fix, but they use 2 different machines to repair it. One uses the Aoyue 968 and the other uses an infrared heating rework station like the oneHERE.

Anybody know which one would be the best to go with for a more permanent fix?

supersdude1691

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:19:00 PM »

Definitely the IR machine, the aoyue is a homemade solution cooked up over at the llama forum. The t-870a (IR machine) is what I use and it works great for 360 repairs.

gepal

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »

I'd say it depends on level of workers who do repairs. One can fail by using hi-end tools and other may success by using garage tools. So it's up to you what you will choose.

Modemboy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »

Thanks guys, i ended up going with the one using the aoyue 968, because they included a x-clamp stock replacement and cage replacement, and it was more than half the price the other shop wanted. plus they gave me a 90 warranty compared to the others 30 day warranty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)