xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Clone And Add More Cars :)  (Read 150 times)

ZPaul2Fresh8

• Archived User
Clone And Add More Cars :)
« on: March 11, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »

UPDATE:

Ok Car Cloning Complete! Not actually a clone since they have their OWN DYNAMICS!

Steps:

1. Edit Cars.ini - Copy and Paste the car data you want to clone so you have duplicate entries. Now there are a few values you'll want to edit on the copied entry you just pasted.
Below in an example that I made:
CODE

[CAR]
Name = "Camaro ZL1"
Manufacturer = "Chevrolet"
FileName = "CamaroZL1"
Badge = Camaro
BadgeX = 223
BadgeY = 67
Class = "$IDS_CLASS_10"
ShowroomFree = "0"
Country = United States
Tokens = 20
CPF = 4.4
Circuit = Washington DC 5
LeaderboardID = 420
Windscreen = Normal
AudioData = Camero
DriveType = RWD
PeakTorque = 610
Mass = 1450
MaxRevs = 7000
RevLimit = 7000
Turbo = 0
TopGear = 6
GearRev = 3.1
Gear1 = 2.66
Gear2 = 1.78
Gear3 = 1.3
Gear4 = 1
Gear5 = 0.79
Gear6 = 0.4
FinalRatio = 4.10
ActualTopSpeed = 190
TopSpeed = 7
0-60 = 8
BHP = 6
Handling = 6
RHD = 1
HardTop = 1
Colour = CamaroSS Rally Red Stripes
Colour = CamaroSS Onyx Black
Colour = ZPaul2Fresh8

So you see you should change the "Name" so you can distiguish your cloned car.

2. You MUST change the "filename" inorder for your car to have it's own Dyanamics. It can be changed to whatever you want, BUT it must match the name you specify in the Car's ini file to be, for example:

Above you'll see my cars filename=CamaroZL1, so in the cardynamic folder there must a file named CamaroZL1, so I just copied CamaroSS, pasted, edited and renamed it CamaroZL1 smile.gif

3. The last NEEDED step is to copy, paste and rename the car's model files. These are located in the CACHE\cars folder. And just like the dynamics file, they need to be the same name as the car's filename that you specified in the Cars.ini file; ex. CamaroZL1.pak_cth and CamaroZL1.pak_hrd.

I hope I explained this a simple as possible.

One last tip, you can also specify your own car's colors in the Cars.ini file, then create them in the colours file.

There are other variations you could do, but they are easy to figure out so I shouldn't have to tell. Let me know what you guys think...
 biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

iwanttheagrocrag

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 07:59:00 AM »

Are you just editing the .ini or are making models of the cars too, cuz i wanna know how to make the cars. <

ZPaul2Fresh8

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 08:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(iwanttheagrocrag @ Mar 15 2005, 07:54 AM)
Are you just editing the .ini or are making models of the cars too, cuz i wanna know how to make the cars.

Did you read the post? LOL

No direct editing of the car's appearance is possible ATM, except for the colors.

There is no program out to inject/extract the model's mesh's from the .PAK files.

Someone has to be working on it.... Don't think there is enough intrest for it to be done. Everyone is into Halo 2.... :rolleyes: <