xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2 Player Split Screen  (Read 193 times)

Rooble

• Archived User
2 Player Split Screen
« on: December 13, 2004, 03:56:00 PM »

Well, me and my brother are getting pretty annoyed <_<  with the split times on 2 Player, the person behind always seems to get the times directly where you should be looking, therefor you end up crashing, or just having to slow down to wait for the time to disspaear... just wondering, if anyone knows what i need to edit to remove this, or perhaps re position it.... i havent really had a good look through the files or anything, not sure if the coordinates can just be edited and then saved within an INI, just wanted to know if anyone else has this problem, or has a fix?  :unsure:

DOS4GW

• Archived User
2 Player Split Screen
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 04:50:00 PM »

You've got to be kidding me.

First of all, the time shows on both halves of the screen at the same spot with the same size.

Second, it's small and stays there for three seconds max.

I doubt anyone have peeked in to it as it isn't a problem.

Rooble

• Archived User
2 Player Split Screen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

DOS, you've complety not even bothered answering the problem put forward.. If its an issue to me then there isnt much point trying to convince me that 'other people' think it isnt... i find it an issue and i would like to resolve this, if you are going to reply, reply with something constructive or useful to help me. And no they dont display exactly at the same spot - the second player always seems to have it 5cm's lower then the first player, perhaps its just my TV or xbox, but i assure you it isnt EXACTLY the same <_<

DOS4GW

• Archived User
2 Player Split Screen
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

I doubt you'll get much help with that attitude. Good luck.

kmob007

• Archived User
2 Player Split Screen
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

I did noticed that in split screens, not only in PGR but other games as well, the person on the top has a bit of their top side cropped and the person on the bottom as their lower screen cut a bit.  Obviously this means the video card is projecting a bit bigger than what the TV size is.  Maybe you need to mess around with the MS Dash under the options of Wide Screen/Regular/Stretched, etc.  I think is a graphic card problem.  Don't know how to solve it but it explains what you're seeing I think.  Good Luck.