xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Does All Jaspers Have Onboard 256-512mb Memory?  (Read 66 times)

Shutdown[Swe]

• Archived User
Does All Jaspers Have Onboard 256-512mb Memory?
« on: November 23, 2009, 11:55:00 AM »

The topic describes my first question. Secondly i was wondering if it is "ok" to swap the gpu heatsink from a zephyr to a jasper with the 2nd gen heatsink so i can use the 2nd gen for the zephyr which really needs it and use the first gen heatsink for the jasper. From what i have seen most newer jaspers are shipped with 1st gen heatsink so this should be fine right?

fahrenheit

• Archived User
Does All Jaspers Have Onboard 256-512mb Memory?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 04:06:00 PM »

' date='Nov 24 2009, 07:55 AM' post='4574822']
The topic describes my first question. Secondly i was wondering if it is "ok" to swap the gpu heatsink from a zephyr to a jasper with the 2nd gen heatsink so i can use the 2nd gen for the zephyr which really needs it and use the first gen heatsink for the jasper. From what i have seen most newer jaspers are shipped with 1st gen heatsink so this should be fine right?

No, only the Arcade Jaspers come with larger internal memory. There is always a chance that orders for Elites need to be filled with Arcade boards and there might be some batches that come with bigger memory from time to time, but generally, the Elites have 16mb nands.

I think you've answered the second question in the last sentence.