xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Altering The Weather  (Read 162 times)

Clockface

• Archived User
Altering The Weather
« on: June 16, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

I was just wondering if there was a mod to allow you to choose the weather, and hopefully maybe even allow you to set the wather always to rain or snow? I would have thought that this would be fairly trivial, but of course I don't speak from experience with the game.

Thanks for any answers.

Samael88

• Archived User
Altering The Weather
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »

Yes, it is possible to script an item to change the weather at will, using the Construction Set (PC Version editor). I could try it and let you know if I get it working on the Xbox.

I think it will be limited to only a region, but I'll see what I can do.

I'm almost sure there are already several mods that let you do this, but I have no idea if these would work on the Xbox. You could do a Google search, or try the planetelderscrolls.com page.

This post has been edited by Samael88: Jun 17 2006, 05:44 AM

Samael88

• Archived User
Altering The Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 07:07:00 AM »

I got the weather thing working in the PC version, but the scripting in the Xbox sems to be different. Because it doesn't work.

I just created a new "container" type of item and gave it the following script, using the function ModRegion to change the weather:

begin LA_weather_scroll

if( OnActivate )

ModRegion, "Bitter Coast Region", 0, 0, 0, 0, 100, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

MessageBox "Changed weather to Rain in Bitter Coast Region"

endif

end

After saving it in a new .esp. I tested it in the PC version of Morrowind. It worked like a charm. As soon as I activated it, the weather began to change slowly, and it started raining. And since I gave it a 100% chance of rain, it is supposed to rain in the Bitter Coast Region forever.

I used TESDK to apply the Xbox Morrowind.esm dependency, and saved it. Transferred it to the Xbox, but it didn't work. If you activated the paper nothing would happen. At that point the sky was clear in Seyda Neen  (the town I used to test, since it is in the Bitter Coast region) and I waited over 3 minutes and nothing happened.

I guess the scripting for the Xbox works differently.

If anyone can shed some light in these, they are welcome.

Clockface

• Archived User
Altering The Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I went to ????????.com page, searched for "weather" and downloaded the "Weather Stones" mod, as it sounded like the sort of thing I was searching for. I Hex edited my MORROWIND.EXE file, as described in the tutorial here, and copied the file from the Weather Stones mod to the DATA FILES folder on my XBox, started Morrowind GOTY, and I went to the wall mentioned in the Weather Stones's instruction file, found the chest and took the stones. Using them, I was able to produce rain and storms (I only tried those two, as I love rain!).

Brilliant! I'll have to try some more mods  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks again.

This post has been edited by forprog: Today, 02:16 AM

Samael88

• Archived User
Altering The Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 05:02:00 PM »

Oh, glad you found what you were looking for.

Enjoy, and happy modding : )

Upright8infinitY

• Archived User
Altering The Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

I have a simple esp that you can use to change the weather for each region. Email me if you would like it.
It's very easy to edit.
One of my favorite mods is "The Cult of the Clouds".
It adds a new guild and quests, all very well done. Through the quests you will gain control over the weather.
[email protected]